General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #1  
My Incentive Pic

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Anyone tried the carb lovers diet?

I bought the book as endorsed by Rachel Ray on her show, thinking of starting it but would like some input if anyones tried it???
littlegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

I posted nearly this same question a couple weeks ago I've been using the principles outlined in the book along with calorie counting for about the last month. I've lost 10 pounds. I didn't do the menu plan they outline, but simply added eating the resistant starch foods to my plan of eating between 1300 & 1500 calories a day. I do believe that the resistant starch foods (mostly bananas and whole grains for me) are keeping me from being as hungry between meals and I'm not having cravings like I was before.

That being said, a lot of what's in the book is what I had been doing before, but I've especially been focusing on getting the resistant starch foods in and it seems to have broken the stall I've been on for a while.

You really need to like bananas, slightly green, to be able to get the recommended daily amount of the resistant starch, which is not a problem for me. I put them in my oatmeal or cereal, or just eat one with a tablespoon of peanut butter on it. Due to MS, I have to make sure I get enough prunes and fluids to prevent the constipation that bananas can cause, though (sorry if that's tmi).

Overall, I'm liking the plan. Let me know how you do-I'm curious about other's results. Best wishes
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote