General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #1  
Too big to fail!

S/C/G: 202.8/192/150

Height: 5'3

Default I FINALLY get it.....

I stumbled across 3FC's about 10 days ago. I have been on here CONSTANTLY since then. Reading, lurking, reading other people's advice, experiences, struggles and successes. This board is addictive.

I am turning 40 this year. I have lost weight on WW, Medical Weight Loss, Jenny Craig, Atkins, starvation, etc.....those pounds always came back. It's not only me....there are tons of people out there struggling and frustrated, disappointed and depressed.

The biggest thing that I have learned in my short time here is that there is nothing wrong with me, I am not alone and no matter how much I search I will never find the 'magic' bullet to lose weight and keep it off.

It's work and it takes effort. It's healthy foods, moderation, exercise and being aware of what you put in your mouth. No matter what happens I am never going to be a size 0 that can eat whatever I want and stay skinny. It's a lifelong battle and I can't give up. It's not falling for the infomericals and their promise to lose 50 pounds by this weekend while still eating junk. It's not about a pill, a potion or any magic spell.

When you think about it.....it's really pretty basic. It's following it that proves to be the difficult part. I feel like I have had an epiphany and will finally have success.
pamelasusan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

There you go! You've got the right idea now!

You can do this
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #3  
Eat Small

S/C/G: 317/232/157

Height: 5' 6"

Sounds like you are on your way....now it's all about the discipline to make your goals a reality! Looking forward to watching you succeed!
elisaannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #4  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

YAY. I had the same revelation of sorts when I found this place.
I used to honestly think that I could never get down to my goal weight, because I had SO much to lose. I mean who does that right?

Then I discovered 3FC and "met" SO many people who have lost as much as I want to AND MORE. It totally gave me that kick in the pants.

Welcome and congrats!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #5  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

Good for you! Just remember this is not about perfection, it's about making permanent, sustainable changes for life. Don't give up and you WILL get there. I never thought I could do it either...and though I still have a ways to go, there's NO WAY I'm going back there. It's so great when you come to that realization that you WILL do this! No ifs, ands or buts. Just a matter of time!

I too, look forward to seeing you progress and succeed!!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #6  
Too big to fail!

S/C/G: 202.8/192/150

Height: 5'3

This forum is wonderful and such a comfort. People who REALLY get it. What a great bunch of people.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
pamelasusan39 is offline   Reply With Quote