Anyone up for another BodyBugg/GWF/Sensewear etc. challenge?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hi everyone,

I was so inspired by your summer challenge (ended early June) and at the same time sooo sad that I had missed out. For once, rather than sit on my lovely behind and wait for someone else to start a challenge, I thought I'd start one myself - and of course anyone is more than welcome to join in (and please do! It will be very lonely, and not to mention boring without you!)

I've had my GWF for about 6 months but have never really pushed myself to use it properly. About 4 days ago I put my GWF on for the first time in literally months, and I am going well so far. Here's to challenging myself to finally get in shape and stay that way!

If anyone else is up for joining the challenge, I thought we could basically follow the same plan that the previous challengers used i.e.

Rules of the challenge are:
    (1) We will post our stats weekly on Wednesdays, starting June 23rd
    (2) The challenge period ends October 20th - 17 weeks
    (3) We will motivate each other
    (4) We will have fun!

What do you think?

~C
  • I'm game. I think thats a great idea!!
  • Just got my bodybugg today (from a friend for a cheap price so double happy ) and I am game!
  • Hooray! Thanks for joining in sarcruze and Hermy. I am really glad to have your company
  • I'm in
  • I'm in, too! Thanks for setting this up
  • I am rather new to this site and forum, but I would love to join the challenge. LOL, I need all the support I can get!! Count me in!
  • Welcome FloridayGirl - I think the very nature of us being on this forum shows we all needs support

Great to have you MollyMai and DewDrop!

I live in Australia aka 'the future' - i.e. it's already Wednesday here. So I will get the ball rolling with my stats.

Current weight: 142.4 lb
    Goal weight: 125.4 lb
    Challenge goal: 17 lb i.e. 1 lb per wk.. I think it's something I can sustain

Good luck to everyone. I'm looking forward to sharing this challenge with you!
  • I would like to join this challenge!

Current weight: 201 lb.
    Goal: 140 lb.
    Goal weight for challenge: 167 lb.
    Challenge goal: 34 lb., or 2 lb. per week
  • I would LOVE to join but need to buy a bodybugg or gwf....what would ya'll recommend, and where is the best place to pick one up, fairly fast???? Thx for your help!
  • Hi nurse2be! I ordered mine from the 24 Hour Fitness site. It was $229 for both the BodyBugg and the digital display that you wear on your wrist, plus six months of access to their site. There was a coupon code to use (AFPBGD1) which made it a little cheaper. I don't know if you can possibly just go to 24 Hour Fitness and buy one there.
  • Good Morning all!! I am reluctantly posting my first week challenge numbers. Today is the last day of my second week wearing my GWF. Week 1 was good, but week 2 has been disappointing. Despite what should be a 1.5lb lose based on my GWF numbers, I actually have gained. I am hoping it is a TOM thing!

Current weight: 270 lb
    Goal weight: 140 lb
    Challenge goal: 249 lb (approx 1.25 lbs/wk)

Good Luck to everyone and I hope everyone has a really GREAT Wednesday!
  • FloridaGirl1970 our stats are so close.

My start weight 274.2
    Challenge Goal 250

Your Current Goals
    1.5 lbs / week
    750 daily Calorie deficit
    2371 burn
    1621 consume
    You will reach 250 lbs by October 17, 2010

Lightly Active

30 minutes of moderate activity like walking
    0 minutes of vigorous activity like jogging
    5000 steps

Your current goal is to weigh 250 lbs on October 17, 2010
    by losing 1.5 lbs / week. Your current activity level
    is set to Lightly Active.
  • Starting Stats for Dana:

Today's Weigh In: 228.4 lbs.

Challenge Goal: 198.4 lbs.
  • Quote: Hi nurse2be! I ordered mine from the 24 Hour Fitness site. It was $229 for both the BodyBugg and the digital display that you wear on your wrist, plus six months of access to their site. There was a coupon code to use (AFPBGD1) which made it a little cheaper. I don't know if you can possibly just go to 24 Hour Fitness and buy one there.
    Thx so much Jamie and for the code too, I'll go check it out right now and hopefully join ya'll soon!