General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 12:54 AM   #1  

Default Newbie and confused!

Hi everyone, nice to meet all of you. I just joined LAWL and they wanted to put me on the gold plan. When I asked about eating veggie burgers they told me I had to go on the vegetarian plan. I'm a little confused -- I am not a vegetarian but eat a lot of the boca and morningstar products.

Anyway, this vegetarian plan is too limited for me and I know I will not be able to eat just veggie products till I go next week. Can someone tell me what you are able to eat on the gold plan (she took the sheet away from me) and I'm going to have to mix and match till I go.

I like the plan but I'm really concerned about not having enuf to eat. I am starving right now! Which plan gives you the most to eat and how do you "qualify" for it? I need to lose around 50 lbs.

Thanks and take care.

spensersmom
Old 11-02-2002, 09:13 AM   #2  

Default Welcome

Hi and welcome,
I am on the gold plan and also had 50lbs. to lose. You get 2 proteins,2 starches, 1dairy, 3 fruits and 3veggies. You also get 1 fat. I occassionally have a boca or morningstar farms as a protien and its been ok.

Hope that helps.

Kathie
Old 11-02-2002, 10:16 AM   #3  

Thanks kathie --

How are you finding the plan so far? I'm amazed that I've already lost 5 lbs -- but that 3 day express was tough!
Old 11-02-2002, 10:25 AM   #4  

I have lost 11.5lbs in 6 weeks. On WW it took me 6 mos to lose that much.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:30 PM   #5  

wow that's great. Are you doing the bars?

Can you give me an idea of some of your meals? I'm still trying to make sense of all of this. I had been used to ww where it wasn't very restrictive. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2002, 02:42 PM   #6  

Yes, I do the bars. Typically for breakfast, I'll have Toast with brummel and brown and a piece of fruit, Lunch is romaine with chicken and Hendricksons dressing, or egg salad(2 eggs lite mayo celery ,onion) and melba toast orimitation crAB SALAD. For dinner, I have chicken, fish, turkeyburger,( occassionally I'll make hamburgers with 95%beef ) or a frozen dinner. I'll also have a double veggie and a starch. I have my bars at mid afternoon with a piece of fruit and 75%red.fat Cabot cheese and one after dinner for my "dessert".
When we go out to dinner, I get chicken, fish ,lean beef or liver. I'm usually pretty full all day.
Hope that answers your questions.
Kathie
PS. Amy's Rice and Bean Burritos are very good and filling and you can have it 1x per wk.

Last edited by kathie351; 11-02-2002 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2002, 04:09 PM   #7  

I am toying with the idea of quitting animal products, so I eat vegetarian food a lot. I eat a serving of tofu as a protein several times a week, and occasional garden burgers, and I've not had any problems so far. I'm also on the Gold Plan. I was told at my center that, if you are in a situation where you can't get your protein in, you can eat 2 tbsp of peanut butter as your protein. I think the claim that you can't mix veggie protein and animal protein on this plan is BS. I ate almost exclusively vegetarian protein for 6 weeks this summer (plus eggs a few times a week), and I lost 10 lbs. I didn't see any problem
Closed Thread