3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Doing our own thing! #5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/20190-doing-our-own-thing-5-a.html)

DNW 09-20-2002 12:20 PM

Dear Semo:

8.8 lbs is to-o-o heavy to start with. Start with ppounds as follows: 2, then, 3, then, 5 then 8.8. I'm still only doing 5's for goodness sake. I don't to see ou injure yourself.

Your son's muscles are much more resiliant and flexible then your's and mine...at our age we could get a serious injury by lifting too much too soon.

However, I am thrilled you tried the weights but please be careful. Also 10-15 minutes to start is fine. At this stage you should only be doing one set of 10 reps and then in a week to two weeks 2 set of 10-12 etc. The most anyone should be lifting for is maybe 45 minutes and rest 30-60 between each set. Good Luck and please be careful.

Remember to do each body part exercise only every other day. Please don't every do the same part two days in a row...remember that day in between helps the muscles recover and repair.

Tiffany123 09-20-2002 12:30 PM

Thought this was too funny. Oldie but a goodie...

Got a letter from Grandma the other day. She writes...

The other day I went up to a local Christian bookstore
and saw a "Honk If You Love Jesus " bumper sticker.
I was feeling particularly sassy that day because I had just come from a thrilling choir performance, followed by a thunderous prayer meeting; so I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper.

Boy, I'm glad I did!
What an uplifting experience that followed!

I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection just lost in thought about the Lord and how good He is...and I didn't notice that the light had changed. It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus because if he hadn't honked, I'd never have noticed!

I found that LOTS of people love Jesus! Why, while I was sitting there, the guy behind me started honking like crazy, and then he leaned out of his window and screamed, "For the love of GOD! GO! GO! JESUS CHRIST, GO!"

What an exuberant cheerleader he was for Jesus! Everyone started honking! I just leaned out of my window and started waving and smiling at all these loving people. I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love!

There must have been a man from Florida back there because I heard him yelling something about a "sunny beach"...I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air. When I asked my teenage grandson in the back seat what that meant, he said that it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign or something. Well, I've never met anyone from Hawaii; so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign back.
My grandson burst out laughing...why even he was enjoying this religious experience!

A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and started walking towards me. I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is when I noticed the light had changed.
So, I waved to all my sisters and brothers, grinning, and drove on through the intersection. I noticed I was the only car that got through the intersection before the light changed again and I felt kind of sad that I had to leave them after all the love we had shared; so I slowed the car down, leaned out the window
and gave them all the Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away.

Praise the Lord for such wonderful folks!

DNW 09-20-2002 12:44 PM

oh my God...i am laughing so hard....what a scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GeTtInG_ThErE2 09-20-2002 01:55 PM

Hello!

Huntress e-mailed me and she said that she is kinda preocccupied with everything right now but she WILL be back eventually and she is doing alright.

I went out last night and had a blast.....just a whole bunch of friends all went out for supper at Boston Pizza and then we went back to my friend Jamies place and a bunch of people came over...it was soooo much fun. and everyone knew i was having the worst week and they all made me feel soooo much better....
so it was great!

Tiff, Can you tell me how to make fruit pizza.......? cause ive always wanted to make it but i dont know how! Are you feeling better yet? cause you SHOULD!!!!

SEMO!!!! HI HI! Im in such a good mood today...were going to hit up the football game today and go cheer our boys on! should be fantastic! I hope you are doing good!!!!

Bright! WHERE ARRREEEE YOU!???????

Well girls, thanks so much for everything the last week....i luv you girls!!!!!:grouphug:

Im outta here!
Luv
Kayla

Tiffany123 09-20-2002 02:27 PM

Honey, the fruit pizza I make is SO easy!!! But people think you worked for EVER.

Here is my recipe:

One tube of sugar cookie dough. (just the regular sized roll from the store...

2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbs of mandarin orange juice

1 large can mandarin oranges
strawberries, sliced
blueberries
kiwi, peeled and sliced
raspberries
( I think you can use just about any fruit you like, I like the ones listed, cause the colors are pretty. Blue, red, green, orange and pink)

Anyway, roll your cookie dough out into a rectangle on a cookie sheet, I had to use a lot of flour on my rolling pin, cause it wanted to stick. Don't worry about the flour, it bakes away and you can't taste it anyway. Bake that for 10 minutes at 350 until lightly browned. Let it cool.

In a mixing bowl, mix up the 2 soft packages of cream cheese, the 1/2 cup of sugar and the 3 TBS of mandarin orange juice. Beat that until it is smooth and creamy. Spead over the cooled cookie. And top with your fruit.

It is SO pretty and looks SO fancy, and it really doesn't take all that long to make.

Hope you enjoy it Kayla!

Tiff

Tigerlily 09-20-2002 02:56 PM

YUM! I've had veggie pizza made that way, but never the fruit. I will be make'n that! How do you buy your berries in the winter? frozen or from the fresh produce isle? like they are fresh. ha. How about the cream cheese, have you used the ff?

Kayla, glad you are feeling better. Boys suck and are SOO not worth being down in the dumps. Besides, living good is the best revenge.:s:

Tiffany123 09-20-2002 03:04 PM

I used the canned mandarin oranges, and usually, I am still able to find fresh fruit at the bigger stores. I did use canned blueberries this time and they were good. They were blueberries in light syrup, not pie filling...I do NOT like the frozen strawberries, they get kind of mushy when thawed.

I have not used the fat free, but I did use the low fat before and it was fine, I don't know WHY the ff wouldn't work...hm....

Tiff

Tigerlily 09-20-2002 03:20 PM

Listening to my new CD, candles burn'n and glad to be in out of the rain. It's rained all day. I know we need it, but still :p .

I found the 94%fat free orville smart pop. Does smart pop mean they are small bags? dah, guess I could open the box and find out.

My youngest son is in the tub. He hates taking a bath, but when I buy him new shampoo...he can't wait to get in to waste it.:lol:

I bought hot dogs. I'm torn. I ended up getting the beef instead of the lower fat. I just shouldn't read labels.:^: So, chili dogs tonight with the leftover homemade chili.
I guess I'm hungry...hmmm...popcorn!

Tiffany123 09-20-2002 03:41 PM

I like the Orville Smart Pop. I have found the snack size Smart Pop on occasion and it is a smaller bag than the regular, nice for work, etc.

I feel the same too Tig, it is raining here and I like looking out at it...and I have my shoes off, and my feet curled up under me, and I just LOVE this time of the year.

My mother has that thing where you need sunlight...or she gets depressed. Not just sad...but actually depressed. So, she is already starting her medication for the winter. And I bought her a tanning package. That seems to help her too...to get some fake sun. I'm glad I don't get that. At least not yet. *sigh* I don't mind winter, it's just so gray...you really need to surround yourself with color during the winter...

Anyway...food day is officially over, and I had a small problem. I ate the crispy skin off the chicken and threw the chicken away. LOL....I MEANT to eat the chicken and throw away the skin.

Dang it.
Tiff

Tigerlily 09-20-2002 03:52 PM

that's ok, the other night i had a bowl of cottage cheese with pineapple and a butterfinger!

Cafe976 09-20-2002 03:54 PM

Hey, I want to be at Tiger's house with the CD playing, candles burning and the rain pouring down. Closing eyes.... wishing.... opening eyes.... Darn it, I'm still here at work instead.

Semo - WTG with the weights!

Dyan! What's up? I hope you're feeling better right quick.

Sugar-free, huh Jello? I hope I *like* the sugar free Jello. What if she gives me a rash? Can I go back to the regular?

Hey Tig, Healthy Choice makes LF Beef Franks - fewer lips and buttholes than the reg HC Franks - if you can judge by the label.

DNW - I'm going to have to try the egg whites with 1 reg egg. I don't like egg beaters, sam I am.

Tiffany your story! LMAO! I have not seen that one before.

Okay, as long as we're in recipe mode. I made some chili last weekend and used ground turkey instead of super-lean beef. I wanted to spice it up so it wouldn't taste weird and it turned out to be extraordinary, so here's what I did:

1.5 lb ground turkey
1 big boiling onion, chopped
5 reg or 3 huge cloves of garlic, chopped fine

Saute the onions and garlic very briefly in a little olive oil or cooking spray and throw in the turkey to brown. I do this right in the pot I'm going to cook the chili in - less dishes. Once it's good and browned, mix in:

Carol Shelby, the spices and salt (for this recipe I omitted the packet of masa flour and the packet of extra cayenne, although other times I have added them)
2 cans ro-tel diced tomatoes with chilies
2 cans light red kidney beans (or whatever beans you want)
1 can of water

[CS comes in a little brown bag at the store, and has 4 packets inside so you can customize your chili - it's darn good stuff and not the usual MSG-laden crap you would expect.]

I heated the chili well and simmered for 20 minutes, stirring occ. Then I added:

juice of 1/2 of a nice plump lime
a good-sized handful of chopped cilantro

Stir for a minute and serve. It was AWESOME and I didn't miss the ground beef for a second. A piquant but not overly spicy soup-like chili - a real treat to the tastebuds. My usual style is a thicker chili - but I think I liked this experiment better!

Tigerlily 09-20-2002 03:55 PM

I feel like such a *itch, but....
Last week was DS's 6th bday...Friday the 13th to be exact. Not one family member from DH's family called or sent a card. What is up with these people? I just can't get it out of my mind. They will not be getting any fruit pizza. :sneaky:

Tigerlily 09-20-2002 03:58 PM

opps :s:

Tigerlily 09-20-2002 04:00 PM

lips and buttholes, good grief, maybe just leftover chili for me:headache:

Jello 09-20-2002 04:26 PM

It's Friday afternoon, thank God. I only have to survive another half hour with these people.....

... "People" is a term I use loosely here. :headache: I can't wait for the weekend!!

Hope to get my bulbs planted tomorrow. Next Spring, I want that ugly bald spot in front of the house to be full of color and life!! :flow1:

Tiff, your rain is scheduled to arrive at my place on Sunday. Then I get to put on my warm fuzzies and watch it out the window. Ahhhh!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend! Be good! ;)

P.S. Cafe, I haven't given anyone a rash ... lately.