3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Doing our own thing! #5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/20190-doing-our-own-thing-5-a.html)

Tiffany123 09-20-2002 08:58 PM

Lips and buttholes. LOL

That is what I say about Chicken McNuggets. I always joke about them being made of beaks and buttholes.

Enjoy your weekend!
Tiff

huntress 09-21-2002 05:58 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JELLO!:hb:
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Jello
Happy Birthday to yoooooooouuuuuuu!

I love birthdays, can you tell. It is your most special day of the year and I hope that you got everything you wanted.

Tig - Brighterdays and I ran away from home. Actually, I can't speak for her, but I know I sure would like to.:(
Run away from home, that is.
My aunt passed away Tuesday so I have a funeral to go to today. At least the weather will be nice for her, we had a little cool front blow through and it will be sunny and mild today.

I miss you all, and Tiffany is right, I have lurked a couple times, but usually didn't even have time to read all your posts. I did sit down long enough Thursday to write and just as I went to post my internet connection got lost and so did the post.

I hope you're all doing well. Get well soon. My youngest daughter has had what I refer to as the 'crud'. Sinus drainage and coughing. Must be this time of the year or something going around. I know a few other people who have it too.

Take care, have a nice weekend.

LJ

huntress 09-21-2002 06:09 AM

Oh my goodness, Tigerlilly are you OK?! I was just checking the weather channel and the headline said Tornadoes ravage Indiana! I hope you are safe! Please let us know if you're OK.

LJ

DNW 09-21-2002 11:38 AM

Hi Everybody:

Well I am up to a 4 lb. loss in the past two weeks as of this morning. So I think I will not weight myself again until at least Tuesday.

Went shopping for colothes this morning and once again it was not a pleasant experience.

But with the help of all of you I think I can do it this time.

Huntress: I am glad to see you are back but I am really sorry about the death in your family.

Will write later today after the housework marathon.

Tiffany123 09-21-2002 12:01 PM

I'll be saying a prayer for Tig, just in case the tornados hit her area....and I'll say a prayer for you too Huntress for your loss, and for you to get back into the spirit of things!

I had another bad day yesterday, food day started it....and it went downhill from there. Had the girls out looking for Homecoming dresses and I ended up eating a Whopper and chicken tenders.

I can't really say what is going on..it's weird though. I went to the bookstore last night after dropping the kids off at home with Mike. I decided to do something for ME. So, I went to the bookstore and bought a Kathy Smith book, Lifting Weights to Lose Weight. It was $16 and I think all of us would benefit from reading it. She, like Body for Life, is advocating a 12 week program, but what I like about it is...it is 100% geared towards women. She explains how to find the right weights to start out with. She seperates her 12 weeks into three 4 week blocks. The first week you are working with lighter weights for more reps, then the 2nd block, you increase your weight a little and do fewer reps, and then for the last, still fewer reps at a higher weight.

I like this over the Body for Life, because everything is really spelled out and easy to follow. I know that basically, the two programs are the same, or at least very similar, but I love that it is written BY a woman, FOR women. She talks about the different body types, and the muscle groups, and dispels the myths about bulking up. She really does take all the mystery out of it. She also has the exercises for both home workouts AND gym workouts. (as does BFL)

When your 12 weeks is over, you can start again with the higher # of reps, but of course you will be starting them at a higher weight this time.

She also has information on food, and makes that SUPER easy too, with three columns of food and you basically choose 1 item from each of the 3 columns and eat 4 meals a day. The items on her lists are set so that no matter how they are combined, they will come out to a certain calorie range...(don't have the book in front of me for the exact range)

Anyway, there was a wealth of information in there and it was all geared for women. BFL was written by a man, and while reading it...I always had that in the back of my mind. That he was primarily speaking to men. Although, I KNOW that SO many women have done BFL and they are having phenomenal results, I am just saying that after reading Kathy Smith's book. I have a greater understanding of all of this and I am motivated to do this...

So, anyway, that is my thoughts on the weight lifting, and I love this book. Just thought I would share...

Hope everyone is healthy, happy and safe this weekend!
Tiffany

DNW 09-21-2002 01:49 PM

Dear Tiff:

Sounds like a great book! I also love Karen Andes, "A woman's Book of Stength", and I believe i have mentioned it here before so this will be the last time i don;t want to bore anyone senseless.

I have to tell you that I almost feel into the trap of putting myself aside once more time to take of the needs of others but pulled back before i reached the edge.

Yesterday I came home from work around 1:15 PM...we have flex time...and had planned to walk 2 miles and then 45 minutes with the weights at the gym.

Of course my sister called and she had another of her "emergencies". I think she is up to at least 2x per week.

And by God I just said no I have things to do and I will see you tomoorrow and she said well what is shopping or something and I said, "No...i'll just see you tomorrow".

I took care of my body came home, didn't make any dinner for Bob, who wasn't hungry anyway, and took a shower and went out with one of my friends.

I had a guilt free "Day for Me"....because I am important and my needs come first...also by the way had no desire to eat last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brighterdays 09-21-2002 02:02 PM

Hi everybody!

Hi Everybody!

I'm back home now---didn't run too far....

It took me this long to read all the posts....you all have been very busy! I was still looking for Tangerine Altoids (which, by the way, I found and ate so many that they made my tongue sore).

Haven't done well on the food part....little stressful at work and I'm feeling sorry for myself (although I haven't figured out why).:(

I think I'm gonna look up the BFL plan and see if it fits my life more. The WW plan is pretty good to follow but I'm starting my weight lift program again and sometimes I can't get enough points figured to keep me from getting hungry! I know you can add points for cardio minutes but I've got to get motivated to do that.

Hope everyone has a good weekend....thanks for thinking of me! I'll get on track again soon. In the meantime, I've got to keep up better....there were six pages of posts to read this am. :eek:

:flow1: "Bright"

GeTtInG_ThErE2 09-21-2002 09:59 PM

Hey girls!

Well!
Thursday was a LATE LATE night....ive never quite had so much fun i dont think....And we will leave it at that! lol.

So i was SOOOOOO bad today! you dont even understand how bad!!!! my mom and me went garage sale-ing today (so fun!) and usually we go to McDonalds for breakfast....so i limit myself to mcdonalds once a week right? or once ever two or three weeks, whatever,

SO THEN! after breakfast i went to work the concession for student council because there was a v-ball tourny this weekend, and my roomate brought me my FAVORIT mcdonalds supper...NUGGETS!!!! so i ate those.....
and then we went to mcdonalds..and i tried SOOOO hard not to order anything..and hten i was like...screw it! ive ruined today i might as well just completely KILL it.....

So i was bad. but I had a TERRIBLE week...everything went wrong...so i decided i could screw up just one day...and then i will get it together next week!!! i will i will i will!!!!!

BRIGHT! im happy you are alive!!!!!!!

HUNTRESS! I missed you so much! im soooo happy you are back!!!

Tiff, thanks for the recipe..i cannot WAIT to make it!!!

anyways...im out!
luv
Kayla

Tiffany123 09-21-2002 11:19 PM

Uhhhh...Miss Kayla....HOW LATE OF A NIGHT DID YOU HAVE? And, what were you DOING?

;)
Just curious
Tiff

GeTtInG_ThErE2 09-22-2002 11:41 AM

TIFF! you make it sound so kinky!!!! lol....

WELL i guess it wasnt THAT late of a night....i got home at midnight....my roomate was with me. My dad was out of town and my sister was at a sleepover...so we had the house to ourselves..but we went out for supper and then to a big party at one of my friends houses........it was fun! thats all i can say! lol. there were like...40 people there....and its like...a 2 bedroom apartment! it was crazy!

Well, Despite my wild ways, Im headed to church this morning!!! Well, i go to church every sunday, but you know.....its all good. I love going to church......its fun fun fun. well we only go to church for half an hour, (the fun half) and then we go down to sunday school/youth group......and our youth leader is THE BEST! she is the nicest person on the face of this earth i swear!!! but anyways.....i gotta jet!

I will talk to you all later!!
luv
Kayla

Tiffany123 09-22-2002 12:15 PM

Whew, ok. I thought I was going to have to spank you or something.

UNLESS, you were already spanked at your party?? :devil:

Just teasing you. I'm sure you are a little :angel:

How's the situation going in your house right now? Any better?

Tiff

GeTtInG_ThErE2 09-22-2002 07:04 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!

No I CERTAINLY was not spanked at my party! I did however hug 32 people. lol. ok so i had a few drinks...!!!! i was careful!

ANyways...hehehehehe....

UMM, the situation, who knows....its better i suppose...im just trying REALLY hard not to let it bother me. My sister is being a ******....i dont know what her problem is. Shes driving me crazy though. Megan isnt so bad..the only bad thing is she uses all my stuff and it drives me nuts! i dont like sharing my STUFF>.....i know that sounds bad...i need a sign that says * does not play well with others* hehe. but its not toooo bad....

anyways...im off to my friend Todd's...were going to watch some home videos from the camp we went to and then do some homework......so im out..but ill catch ya tommorrow sometime..and i should be able to check back once more tonight!
later!
luv
kayla

huntress 09-23-2002 06:57 AM

Good morning all. I see it was quiet this weekend as usual. I'm still concerned about Jello, I hope that she is alright. We are currently watching Hurricane Isidore to see where it will go. They keep saying it's gonna make a turn to the north and head for the Gulf Coast and so far they have been wrong. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay where it is and just die out.

Went to the longest funeral in history Saturday. That sounds terrible huh, but I have never been to one that lasted 2-1/2 hours just during the service, then on to the graveside for about 5 mins. I was worn out by the time I got home, told my kids that when I die they better not play a bunch of sad music that makes people cry. LOL, I told them to just get up there and say something about me and be done with it.

TOM showed up Saturday morning and the scale is moving down. Weird, I used to always gain during that time. Down to 193 now, sure would like to lose another 20 #'s before Christmas. That would be the only present I would need. Well, almost.........if I lost that much more I would need some new clothes!

On a positive note, I am feeling better now since the weather has begun to cool down. I must have the seasonal disorder SAD cause I always get depressed late in the summer, but once it starts cooling down I feel better. Thinking it's time to get my butt back in gear if I'm going to make my goal of being at 150 by the end of May next year. I have been walking with a neighbor on weekend mornings and at least it's a start. May even be why the scale is beginning to move.

Guess I'd better get up from here if I'm going to get to work on time.

LJ

Tigerlily 09-23-2002 07:37 AM

Hello! All's clear here. Tornados were south of us. I'm in Northern Indiana, tornados were down by Indy.
Fall is here! It's in the 40's this morning! Time to drag out the slippers.:D

Huntress, 20# by Christmas! I'm with ya!

I have got to get my act together. I've been coasting, not pigging out....not being a couch potato...but, definately not putting any great effort forward. Thank goodness for new beginnings!

Tiff, the Kathy Smith book sounds good. Are you going to try doing it at home? Is it a new release? I'm wonder'n if the my library would have it. Hickville, ya never know.

DNW, good job putting yourself first. That is so hard to do. I need some lessons on that one. Even though, I know I would do a better job taking care of others if I took care of myself first....easier said. Gonna work on it. :yes:

I forgot I was going to look for Altoids! But, I don't know, I get lost easy...

Tigerlily 09-23-2002 08:28 AM

Whew, got some exercise in already today. Frantically trying to catch the dog in my sock'n feet....wet cold sock'n feet. DS "accidently" let her out. OMG. What a way to start the day.

Now, I AM going to do Walkaway the Pounds...put Leslie up in the corner box...watch the Today Show....will not answer the phone if it rings...that always happens to me....but me exercising in more important! Get it through my thick skull!