General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #1  

Default What do you think of my diet plan?

Hello everyone

I'm so glad I found this forum, you ladies are so full of expertise!
I started a new diet plan one month ago, and have so far lost 8 kg, or 18 pounds. My start weight was 253 pounds. So far, i've cut out bread and pasta, and have been eating large amounts of salads, as well as vegetable and lentil soups to satisfy my monster appetite! I've had the odd treat of a cake or some chocolate, and have been doing an exercise dvd 5 times a week, with some occasional gentle walking and wii fit plus when i've eaten something calorific. Although i've not been counting calories religiously, i'd estimate i'm eating about 1400 - 1500 a day.
I'm wondering if anyone could add anything to my plan and advise me or anything else I might do to help me stick to it.
Also, do you think i've lost too much so far as it seems i've lost a little more than the recommended 1 - 2 pounds a week.

I'm so pleased for all of you who have and are succeeding in your lifestyle change, and wish you all the best.

Reading all your posts has made me believe in myself. For the first time ever I actually believe I can do this. Thank you all so much!!!!!

Looking forward to your replies...
onmyway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You are doing great!! Keep it up
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/170/128

Height: 5'5

Don't worry. It's very common to lose more than 1-2 pounds a week whenever you initially change your eating habits. I think its the body's way of clearing out all the crap. lol. You are doing great! Keep it up!
katybug12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #4  

Thankyou for your replies and encouragement, i'm now off to look for some new filling recipe ideas.
onmyway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #5  
dewittmba

Sounds like you are doing basically what I am doing but just calling it something different. I have changed to a vegan diet which means no animals products (no dairy, eggs, meat, seafood). I eat mostly vegetables, fruits, beans/legumes and whole grains. I lost 3 pounds in the first three days! I would love to share some recipes if you are interested. You should read the book The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone. It also has some great recipes, including desserts! Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman is also a good one.

My new favorite lately is roasted vegetables. Dice up vegetables of your choice into bite size pieces and place in a bowl. Pour in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a baking sheet and slid into a 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes. You can eat these as is or even mix them into a healthy grain such as brown rice or whole grain couscous. I like to cook the grains in vegetable stock for more flavor.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:27 PM   #6  
mizmiller

S/C/G: Start 367/322/299

Height: 5'9

Wow I cant give advice because Im a newb who has not even started a diet yet but I do have an opion on how you can "Stick to it" I would not only count the calories I would right them down or use fitaday to keep track. This helps many many ppl.

Again plz feel free to not take my advice as I am a newb!
Qcrazymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:04 AM   #7  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

It sounds like you are doing everything right and congratulations on your success! If you don't lose as much in future months, don't be discouraged. Just keep going!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote