General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/323/165

Height: 5'11

Unhappy Help?! I'm desperate for advice.

Hi everybody,

I've come to a point that I'm dead set on losing the weight that I've gained. I'm always tired, hurting, out of breath, and depressed because of my weight. I understand things that you need to do. Eat correctly, and exercise. I don't however, know how to get myself started. It seems kind of overwhelming. What are some ways that you guys are getting/got started, and how you're staying on track?

Help, please.
Stacey
lostinstaticx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #2  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Plan your meals for the week starting TODAY, make your grocery list and head to the store. I do this before ever grocery trip and then there is NO guessing throughout the week. Of course there are some decisions to make throughout the day, what snacks fit into my plan, opps I ate extra whatever better nix the cheese topping from dinner, etc. You just have to start. The first week maybe even the first couple months are HARD, but then it's just life. You can do it! Good luck!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Good advice! Clean up your pantry and eating habits first. Make small changes. Make sure each thing you change is sustainable long term...probably for life. Once you are comfortable with each change, make another. Once your eating is in good shape, then start to get your body in good shape. Again, just take little bits of change. Walk around thhe block every day. Take the stairs. Park further away from the doors. Add to the exercise and keep the eating on your plan. It won't happen like magic, bt by making adjustments over timeAND STICKING TO THEM you will get to your goal.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #4  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

The Beck Diet Solution by Judith Beck has a day by day program of how to start. If you like the book, be sure to join the discussion group here on 3FC.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

How about no grain, no sugar, no processed crap? I'm finding it incredibly simple and easy to follow.

Here's a link http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
There is a book.
And we have a support thread here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...mal-april.html
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #6  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Read 3FC....lots of ideas and great motivation!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #7  
Steph84106

S/C/G: 195/154/145

Height: 5'7

There's some really good advice here.
I second Angelskeep advice for myself! That's exactly what I have been doing. I am losing weight at maybe 2-3 lbs a week by making big, but sustainable changes that I am taking my time getting used to. I am not, by any means, on a clean diet as of now. But my diet was terrrrribleeee before my changes. So I was first focusing on portion sizes, salt intake and calories. I am getting my vitamins in and my fiber in, which has made a world of difference for me!! I then focused on not eating meat every single day... also making a huge difference. I then cut my sugar intake (in my coffee, oatmeal, etc.) So on and so on...
So whatever you think you can handle now, get started on it and move every week or so to change something new. Start cutting out sweets OR stop ordering take-out (my favorite thing in the world) OR stop drinking soda OR multiple things at once... whatever works for you. I find if you take your time to get used to these changes (instead of jumping in headfirst!) it's much easier to remember, plan and focus on your diet changes.
steph84106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 340/323/165

Height: 5'11

Thank you, everybody so much. I really appreciate the advice and support. I'm going to attempt to put everything you said into play and see how it goes.

Thank you so much
Stacey
lostinstaticx is offline   Reply With Quote