General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 09:30 AM   #1  
Uber-Moderator!!

Thumbs down Extending an invitation to all!

At the Body for Life/Bodybuilding forum, we are undertaking a six week challenge starting Monday 2 September (some of us will be starting on Tuesday 3 Sept due to the Labor Day holiday).

EVERYONE is invited to join us as we undertake the Camp 3FC Six Week Challenge!!

Some of us are doing Body for Life...others Camp Pam B...some may be doing GetLean...whatever we are doing we have made a commitment for six weeks to:

1) Eat CLEAN small meals frequently throughout the day according to plan

2) Not to miss workouts (weight lifting and cardio) and do them with intensity

3) Check in every day at the BFL/BB board to stay motivated!

4) Meet whatever personal goals each one of us has made and strive to improve ourselves each day!

I'd like to insert here a post made at our other 'home base' - www.leanandstrong.com. The gal who posted this, Dusk, lives with the pain of osteoarthritis each day...yet she has undertaken the challenge in her own life and gone from 52% bodyfat to 19.7% bodyfat...check this out...
Quote:
When a person is being slapped around by the world and they don't know exactly how to handle it, it manifests itself in their physical being, ie. overweight or underweight.

When I go to a store, I look around at the heavy people and wonder what it is that conquered them . . . what problem was it that made them so stressed out that they had to eat in order to relieve the pain? I was one of them for most of my life and truth be told, sometimes new stressors come around that I have yet learned how to handle and it throws a little kink in my armor, but because of "the power," I'm able to rebound a lot faster than before. Back then, I never knew how to harness the power within. Now I do. Back then, whenever I would see someone who was physically fit, I viewed them as arrogant and egotistical. Why? Because of an aura that seemed to envelop them . . . a power that wasn't tangible and yet existed. This power flows from a person who has learned how to harnesses or control certain aspects in their lives and when that happens, a lot of their insecurities just melt away, hence, this person no longer carries himself like the moral majority. But herein lies the problem . . .

This power is incredibly intimidating to those who can't understand it. I couldn't understand it . . . in my eyes, when I saw someone who was fit, it automatically transformed them into someone who was shallow . . . so focused on "self" that they couldn't possibly be anything BUT arrogant. The way they moved, the way they reacted to certain situations, their general being seemed to be superior to those around them. Because of this, fit people are often labeled arrogant, egotistical, cocky, full of themselves, stuck up, and a whole slue of other adjectives. But those without the power fail to realize something -- these seemingly "superior people" still have their insecurities . . . they are still imperfect . . . they are still human. And because the "powerless ones" don't acknowledge this, there is a compelling force within them that tries to drop us down a notch or two . . . to put us in our place . . . to humble us.

Case in point . . . because of my illness, there are times when it takes everything within me just to perform the simple tasks in life. Recently, I was at the beginning stage of a "crisis," but was able to push myself through the barrier and went to the gym. It took all my inner strength just to be there and every last ounce of energy had to be channeled into my workout. When a couple of regulars were about to leave, they made a comment that shocked me. They said, "Have you gotten so fit that you can't even acknowlege us?" You see, they didn't realize that it was only by harnessing the power within that I was even able to be there at all. I had tapped into something that they couldn't even imagine. It never occurred to them that I was human . . . it never occurred to them that there might have been something going on in my life that caused me to be a little "introverted" that day . . . why? Plain and simple . . . because my muscles show . . . because the outward manifestation of that harnessed power was intimidating and they resented it, whether they realized it or not, and so they had to make sure that they dropped me down a notch or two.

So, the power starts with a decision to change . . . it starts in the mind . . . once harnessed, it manifests itself not only in our outward appearance, but also in how we carry ourselves. As for what we do with it . . . we can only try and help those who acknowledge the fact that we have accomplished something that they would like to accomplish. We lead by example . . . we answer their questions . . . we encourage them to try and harness the power within. That's what Bill Phillips did when he published Body for Life.
YOU CAN ALL DO THIS!!! On behalf of the gals at the BFL/BB forum, I invite you all to join us on Monday, 2 September as we begin C3FC!!!!

Quoting Pam Brown: Go for your dreams!!!
Old 08-29-2002, 11:37 AM   #2  
GO CANES!

I'm joining! I havent read this carefully yet, but i'm up for this!!!!
thankS!
Old 09-01-2002, 02:20 PM   #3  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

MrsJim, I'd like to join the challenge too. I follow a different diet plan, but I think that being part of a 6 week challenge would give me some good inspiration.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:48 AM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

No problem! Check out BFL/bodybuilding - make sure you read the 'sticky' with Basic BFL information and you'll get a little 'feel' for what we're up to there

Basically, it's eating clean, small, frequent meals and working out - emphasizing weight training and intense interval training cardio. Believe me, it WORKS! We're doing different nutrition programs - some BFL, some Camp Pam B, some other plans - but they basically come down to the clean nutrition and small frequent (every 2-3 hours) meals during the day - with lots of water

I start tomorrow - feel free to join in!
Closed Thread