General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 05:36 PM   #1  

Question ww winning points

I would like some help. I refuse to pay the outrageous fees for weekly meetings, or online service for weight watchers. I bought a winning points calculator on ebay for really cheap. Can anyone advise me of the points I should be consuming? I've seen recipes all over the place that list the points so I'm not worried about that. Thanks!
Old 06-21-2002, 10:37 PM   #2  

Hi Jellyfish,

Ok here is what is in my book,

Your Current weight:
less than 150 pounds 18-23 points
150-174 pounds 20-25 pts.
175-199 lbs 22-27 pts
200-224 lbs 24-29 pts.
225-249 26-31 pts
250-274 28-33 pts
275-299 29-34 pts.
300-324 30-35 pts.
325-349 31-36 pts.
more than 350 pounds 32-37 pts

I hope that helps,if you need anymore info.,let me kmow. I'll be happy to help you out.

Old 06-22-2002, 01:57 AM   #3  

Default Target points vs. actual points

Thank you so much Michelle .

I think that's what I was looking for. If my weight is 240, and I want to lose weight do I consume 26-31 points? Or do I consume the amount of points of the weight I want to be (20-25)?

I really appreciate your help with this!
Old 06-22-2002, 09:47 AM   #4  

Angry

Hi Jellyfish,

You consume 26-31 points and as your weight goes down ,example to 224 than you go to 24-29 points. Your points change as you lose weight,so keep an eye on it,so that you get the points that are right for you.

I hope I didn't confuse you.

Start with your current weight and find your points.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:31 AM   #5  

I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do...I have the material and things I need but I've decided not to go back to the meetings...I think the most unfair part of WWer's is that if you miss a meeting the next week you have to pay for the missed meeting and the one you're attending...My mom is sick quite a bit and I have to go out of town unexpectedly...so I am really going to try and do the wwer's at home. Is there a message board for people doing the program at home???
Thanks
Gardeniaz1964
Old 07-03-2002, 03:20 PM   #6  

Cool ww online

There is no unofficial message board that I know of. On the WW website you have the option of joining online. The monthly fee seems outrageous though. I know that they are a business, and need to charge for their services. I just personally feel like they charge too much.

Good luck!
Jellyfish
Old 07-14-2002, 11:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi- you might want to check out SomeMooreCats.com... has a great meal and weight tracker for ww---and it's free.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:36 AM   #8  

Default I would like to put my vote in for meetings

I "did" WW 3 times before this last time. This time I finally reached Lifetime status having lost 60 lbs. It took me 60 weeks to lose 60 lbs. So, for $610 I changed my life. If somehow I could have understood that 10 years earlier, I would have been willing to pay quadruple that amount. Reaching goal AND keeping the weight off is so much more than understanding points. All of us probably know to lose weight you need to take in fewer calories than you expend. So, why aren't we all thin? I think for most of us there is a mental component. Why do I eat for emotional reasons instead of hunger? etc. How come when I open a package of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies I am driven to eat the whole sleeve? Just getting your point range and finding the values for foods is not the answer to keeping it off. Meetings are where these other issues are discussed-strategies for coping with bad habits, emotional eating, motivational issues. What was different for me on my WW journey this time? I committed to attending meetings. It was the best money I ever spent.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:26 AM   #9  
Catwoman

WW in Australia is a completly free site with chats n forums etc , when you go to the ww site and it asks for country click on Australia to enter this site its not as large as the usa one but is completly free membership. I tried buying a calc and doing it on the cheap ..It worked at first but I ended up buying the ww at home cd and doing the program like that.. at least you only have to pay a one of fee
good luck
Old 07-25-2002, 04:57 PM   #10  

Angry sometimes paying is good

I pay $11.00 a week until I reach my goal (7 pounds to go), then there's 6 weeks of maint. and if the weight stays off it's FREE. I had lost 50 pounds previously on Medifast, but they did not teach me how to eat in the "real" world. Weight Watchers does, and I enjoy the meetings too. I know I can keep off the weight if I keep following the point system, which is so much easier than counting calories. I never forget something like, 1 cup blueberries is 1 point. And they've done an incredible amount of calculations for restaurant food in the Dining Out companion.

Think of it this way - you can pay the money to motivate yourself to lose fat and be healthy, instead of paying money to buy drugs you'll eventually need for hypertension, diabetes, cancer, fibroid tumors, plantar fasciitis, arthritis, heart problems, stroke and whatever else is caused or worsened by obesity. I know, I've been there with several of the above (high bP, PF, arthritis) but it is ALL gone now at my new BMI of 23.

I love the winning points concept. The activity and banked points really save me on days I run 12 or more miles.
Closed Thread