General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 03:20 AM   #1  

Angry Don't really know where to start...

so I'll just tell you about my 'diet' right now. Just to let you guys know, its slightly hard, because i have to eat dinner with my family, and we don't always have the healthiest things for dinner. Yes i know i should eat smaller portions, but you don't know my mom. she wants me to eat, eat!

this is what i do... there is this cool website: www.fitday.com and i post what i eat... the thing is, i have a gym pass, but i don't have my drivers' liscense yet so i can't get down there that often
and fitday takes a lot of time to record everything i eat...

my big problem is at night, when I like to have some ice cream after dinner ...

Diana
Old 05-31-2002, 12:40 AM   #2  

sachi ( ilove that name, its my daughters)

i know it can be difficult to stay on a selected plan, but there are ways. can you ask your mom to add more things like vegetables or salads? can you help her do it? sometimes, some moms are so worn out they might balk at changing patterns, but if you offer to help with it, it could be easier,a nd she might be so impressed with your plan, she might want to join you in time.

even if you cant get to the gym, there are at home things you can do, there is always walking-walk around the block or down the road once a day. i bought one of those rubber band elastic exercise things for about 12 bucks, and i use that for stretching and sit ups. its pretty neat. the best thing is that you are motivated and willing. that is the first step.

best of luck to you-hang in there. every day is new. come back for support, this is a nice place.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:50 AM   #3  

Question really?

thanks for the advice. Are you japanese? sachi is not actually my real name, but i like it better than my english name, Diana. I'm part russian and japanese so i received a japanese name and a russian name.

yeah i know i should walk, but i always find myself excuses not to go :P

Sachi
Old 06-02-2002, 10:58 AM   #4  

hi sachi,

hope you are doing well. yeah, i know it can be hard to motivate oneself to do anything...........i like walkiing, but where we live it is so windy this time fo the year, that i hate being outside. and the drought makes everything hot and dry and dusty, if you go out, you get covered! hahahaha-----well, it seems like a good excuse to not go out for a walk!!

my daughter isnt japanese, sachi is her nickname-everyone here has a nickname.

well, have a great one and take care!!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 04:48 PM   #5  

Default Hi Sachi!

Hi!

I remember when I was in high school, there was one time that I was very successful losing weight, before I had gotten corrupted by all the diet info All I did was, I stopped eating fast food, or, if I did, I would get a small sandwich like a burger instead of a big one like a whopper. And I didn't eat sweets. Then I would do a Jane Fonda tape and go for an uphill walk as often as I could, and play around with some dumbbells. That was it, and I was *very* happy by prom, even eating Alabama dinners every night (fried chicken, mashed potatoes, fried steak, fried *everything!*, biscuits).

Good luck!
Old 06-25-2002, 09:48 AM   #6  

Sachi, it's sounds like you've got the right idea. So many young girls do a lot of crazy things to get or stay thin. I just thought I'd put in a few words about your mother pushing food!

There are women who feel that people eating a lot of their cooking is the ultimate compliment ... if you don't eat lots of it, you must not have liked it! Some mothers don't realize that they can push their daughters into eating disorders - it becomes a war! I think there are also mothers who somehow feel in competition with their daughters - for example, if she is overweight, she can't stand the thought of her daughter being thin. I know it sounds pretty unbelievable, but it happens. (not saying this is your situation!)

Perhaps if you make sure to let your mother know how good her cooking is ... If she tries to push more on you, let her know you appreciate it but you're full. Try not to start a war about it. Another idea might be to try and get the focus off the food -- try to distract everyone with rousing conversation and maybe she won't notice that you didn't heap on a second serving!

Good luck!
Pen
Closed Thread