General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 09:23 PM   #1  

Default Looking for Advice

Hi all, it's been awhile since I've posted here. I hope someone can give me some advice on a diet plan. I lost a little over 50 lbs. two and a half years ago. For the most part I've kept it off, but it's been a struggle. I'd love to lose another 10-15 lbs. I'm starting to find myself slowly getting back into old eating habits, and putting on a few pounds. I can eat healthy for 3 to 4 days, and then I usually blow it, sometimes going on a binge. I try to eat fruits, veggies, lean meat, but I always end up losing control. I have to try something new or different, because I can't let myself gain anymore back. I know there's alot of diets on the market, and I would love to hear from anyone who has a suggestion. Thanks for your time, and have a great day. [email protected]
Old 05-20-2002, 09:14 AM   #2  
LAWL Center Manager

Angry I'd Suggest L.A. Weight Loss

Hi There!

I understand your concern about losing the weight and keeping it off. I would suggest LA Weight Loss Centers. There are also many other programs out there that may work for you, but this one has been my first success.

LA Weight Loss is on the expensive side, but you have regular meetings with a personal counselor who teaches you to eat healthy and obtain your goals. On top of that, you're encouraged to check in at least 3 times a week. When it comes to health and dieting, accountability really makes a difference.

Good luck!
Old 05-20-2002, 09:21 AM   #3  

Default Same struggle here!!!

Ditto here !!! Lost 50 LBS. in the last 13 months and find myself in the same situation, I was SOOO good for so long and now I too find myself only going for say maybe 6-7 days and then whamm I'm eating everything that catches my fancy, I know I also need to reel myself in, it's been a long hard and yet rewarding struggle and I can't bare to regain the weight, perhaps we can both find support here at this site. Hang tight and lets stay slim!!! Jill
Old 05-22-2002, 08:09 PM   #4  

Hi Everyone: Wow, Jill I know exactly how tough it is. We can't forget how hard it was to get to where we are now, we can't backslide. Been surfing the net and came across Diet Divas. If anyone has any thoughts or experience with this, I'd really like to hear it. Take care and have a good rest of the week. ohioguy
Old 05-23-2002, 11:33 PM   #5  

I think that you have to find the diet that is right for you. I have tried a few including LA Weightloss center ( Sorry girls, I don't think to highly of them, I was scammed!!!)

Right now I'm doing it with slimfast, and going to the gym a lot (i think the gym is working much better for me then the slim fast). But I know a lot of people that just can't do it. I have also heard that the new weight watchers is a great program and is a LOT LESS money then LA Weightloss. You would go to a meeting a week, get weighed, and learn great eating habits. I am thinking of joining them just for the accountability. I also know many people who have lost a lot of weight just using the internet as support.

I wish you the best in your journey,
Bella23
Closed Thread