General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 10:19 AM   #1  

Default trying this again!!!

hello, i am just coming off of trying to make ww and richard simmons work for me, now they are both great programs and very healthy, i just couldnt make them work for me. i am very addicted to carbs and just eat way to much pasta, frenchfries and ya know all the white carbs. i eat no fruit and hardly any dairy.

so i have all the suzanne somers info, although it is all old stuff, so i will have to know about any new info. but i know what i am supposed to eat.

i would love to get all the "white" stuff out of my eating plan. i need to start eating fruits, and i need to take control. see i can take control of whole wheat pasta cause i dont like it as much as the white pasta of which i can eat a whole box of and still be hungry. i need to lose 50 lbs.

i guess i just wasnt ready before to give up the junk food yet. but i just feel so yucky lately, i really need to change my lifestyle.

the hardest for me will be alcohol, which i wanted to elminate anyway on weekends. and french fries. i am not a sweet eater, so that will not be a problem. i need to go food shopping , so there is no fruit in the house. but i did start today and so far have had chicken salad and veggie soup. and almost 3 cups of water. i will excercise later. hope you all are doing good. i will be checking in often. i need to really do this. i wanted to be at goal by june 25th and it makes me sick to think that date is almost here and i am still failing at my attempts to get my act together.

i am 37 yrs old and want to feel more energetic. and get healthy.
Old 05-23-2002, 07:34 PM   #2  

i have had a great first day, i hope i can continue. not hungry , very satisifed and didnt even crave a french fry or white pasta. i felt very much in control. i know this is only the first day, but i had a good one.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:25 PM   #3  
Happy Member

Default Hi, willbethin -

It is difficult, I know that. But you have your mind in gear and you know what you want to do.

I also have trouble with carbs, especially in the evenings. And this is how I handle it. I have my last bread or cracker, or that type of carb at lunch, and then no more flour based products for the rest of the day. If I slip up, then I am binging for real.

For my evening meal I have protein, veggies, and perhaps some fruit. No bread, pasta, or stuff like that. As I am a diabetic, I now stay away from pies, cakes, cookies, and that sort of thing. Each of us is such an individual that what works for one may not work for anyone else. The trick is finding what works for you. And this is what is working for me. No, it doesn't work perfectly, but I keep trying.

And remember, each moment is a good time to begin a healthy eating habit. We know what to do, so let's do it.

Keep trying -
Old 05-23-2002, 08:41 PM   #4  

hi jojo2 glad you wrote to me, cause i am not visiting the other board anymore. thanks so much for your kind words.

thanks for sharing what is working for you and i am glad you found something you can live with. i too had my last carb at lunch time. it was whole wheat pasta shells with fat free tomato sauce i made myself in the food processor. it worked out perfectly, i didnt want carbs the rest of the day. i went out and bought some fruit, so i will start putting that into my plan tomorrow.

i really do apprecite your words for me about that disturbing matter i went through. i have been on diet boards for almost three years and no one has ever been so rude to me. i can take criticism, and i do welcome it good or bad, but it can be said in a more tasteful manner. i mean, i even get aggrevated with myself for keep switching plans and can understand people wanting to tell me to try to pick one and give it more than 2 wks, but talk to me like i am human and not a little kid getting scolded. especially from someone who never even responded to me before, i never even saw any of her posts. well i am done with that subject. she is on my ignore list, so whatever else she says, i wont even see it.

i do welcome advice, critiscism, tips anything that would help me get to where i can feel in control and healthy. good or bad.

i do give myself credit for not totally giving up.

oh i dont know where to get a hold of dabrat and i think it was suzanne, who also had some kind words for me. thanks everyone.

Last edited by willbethin; 05-23-2002 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-23-2002, 11:26 PM   #5  

Well I have the same problem as you all do. It is very hard for me to pick a program and then to stay OP for more then a month. I aslo have a big problem with carbs. I very seldome eat enough prot. and have been told that if I increase my prot. intake then some of my evening cravings will go away. I have had the shakes reccomended to me.

I don't know if it will work but I will sure try. I'm willing to try anything. I am currently doing slimfast, but was told that I should be able to include a prot. shake with no problem. I'll let you know if it works.

I was also told that if I stoped eating at 7:00pm then that it self would make me lose weight. And if I made my shake at about 6:00pm, that should take away the cravings till bed time.

Again, I'm going to try this and see how it works. I'll keep you posted.

I also hope you don't mind me putting in my oppinion.

Bella23
Old 05-24-2002, 12:15 AM   #6  

im also a plan switcher---most of my life, when ive neededt o lose weight, ive moved back and forth between low carb and low fat, 2 totally differnt things, and not real smart. ive been sucessful on both at different times, but now it seems so different--im also alot older and ahiving the menopause thing smack me now.

5 years ago, i was 150, my goal weight--then i remarried to the most wonderful guy and gained a ton----i dont know what happened or why i let myself do that. now, i need to lose 70 lbs to get back to 150-----and im afraid i cant do it.

i was on adkins for a few months, lost maybe 12 lbs and then was stuck on the same 10lbs after that, just goingup and down. i think i panicked. adkins was too hard for me to stay on, tho i know it works great for others. so i decided to go back to the old low fat and count grams.

mentally i feel stuck--just stuck with this same old few lbs ive been struggling over---i know if i conquer these, ill feel better and stronger and more confident in myself.

tonight we went out to dinner, a rare thing, and i blew it and feeling sorry for myself.

welllll--tomorrow is another day----more rice cakes, huh?

good luck to you all
Old 05-24-2002, 07:38 AM   #7  

hi bella, hi jazz. thanks so much for sharing your stories. i hate that we are going through this, but i do feel better knowing i am not the only one that keeps doing this. just when i think i have picked a program and am making progress, i start going off my healthy eating plan gain some weight back then start something else.

i am not fond of some of the foods i am going to be eating on somersizing, i have tried this twice before, but i have to realize that my body is so used to all this junk for the past 10 yrs, before that i was pretty fit, didnt really make food a top priorety, but things change and here i am at 50 lbs overweight.
i have to be patient, and let my body get used to the new healthy food before i quit this new way of eating.

the main thing is we keep trying, we have to give ourselves credit for that.

and one day something will click and we will have found something that we can live with for the rest of our lives.

i am confident that i will reach goal one day. hope we all will. no matter how frustrated we get along the way. have a great day everyone, my day is just beginning but i will check in later to tell how i am doing.

jazz, rice cakes? ewww, dont eat something because you think it is "diet food" i did that a couple of times and i wound up eating what i really wanted later and too much of it. there are plenty of lowfat foods that are really good, and they dont included rabbit food. i know from being on successful on ww for one month, i lost 17 .lbs, i ate really healthy, but was hungry all the time, due to the fact that i at alot of my pts from carbs, it worked but i was hungry alot and eventually gave up.

bella, hang in there, and give your shake program a shot. it sounds doable. i really dont eat at night, unless it is a really really bad eating day. you have to experiment with eating after 700, cause i read somewhere that calories are calories no matter when you eat them. before 12:00 of course so it doesnt run into the next day. like say your are counting calories and you are allowed 1200 calories you should be able to spread them out through out the day how ever you want. just save some calories for a bedtime snack . hope we can help each other, whatever program we are trying to make work for us.

maybe here we wont have to be ashamed to come here and say, i was trying to make this program work and i couldnt stay on it.

we can just support each other to keep trying.
Old 05-24-2002, 09:38 AM   #8  
Happy Member

Default Good morning -

Hi, bella, hi, jazz, hello again, willbethin. Today is going to be a good day.

Consistency is the name of the game - continue throughout the whole day doing what you need to be doing, and tomorrow will be easier. I guarantee it.

Memorial Day weekend presents its own problems regarding eating. So many of our festivities are based around food. And this is a weekend full of picnics and the like. But consistency is still what we are striving for, and control now will mean that next Tuesday morning we will not be regretful. Have a great weekendello again
Old 05-24-2002, 09:49 AM   #9  

hi jojojo2, you always have some positive words for us, thanks. with the great day i had yesterday, waking up feeling good, lost some water weight, there is no way i am gonna mess this weekend up. i am on my way. now alot of the foods i am eating other people will not be eating them this weekend, i am going to the shore. i have to realize going to the shore is not a green light to eat and drink what ever i want. i am changing my ways. i am bringing a whole bag of food just for me, and i dont care who tries to say to me, oh its a holiday you can eat this, just a little wont hurt you. or i made this for you, i know you like it. so i am going fully armed. and on somersizing there is no measuring so it will be easier for me.

the drinking is gonna be a little tougher, but i am so determined and i think i will be feeling so good for eating healthy, i am hoping i will say, dont ruin it just for a glass of flavored vodka with club soda. no promises though. i will just keep busy taking long walks on the beach with my daughter, playing minature golf, going on rides and wearing a clothes pin on my nose when i go to the boardwalk, so i dont smell, may all time favorite junk food, the mother of all junk food,FRENCH FRIES!!!!!!!!!. lol

now i know that is a promise i can truly stick to, i am done with french fries, they are so bad for me and i cant stop eating them once i start. i am having a great day , had a legal breakfast and am going to excercise soon. have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited by willbethin; 05-24-2002 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-24-2002, 10:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone

I've not been on this thread before, I like most of you have bounced from one program to another. I'm a WW lifer but haven't been to meetings in over a yr & now I have to lose about 15 lbs. I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I have to tell you this 15 makes me feel horrible. I just don't seem to have any motivation. I start each day saying that today I'll watch what I eat & I'm usually okay until late afternoon. That's when I get chocolate cravings.

I haven't been very good at doing any exercise either, but last week I was in a car accident(my car was totalled) so it's a blessing in disguise. I've been walking to work so at least now I'm getting approximately 25 min of walking in a day.

I like this thread so maybe together we can help each other.

Take care

maureen
Old 05-24-2002, 12:11 PM   #11  

My gosh! You guys just have no idea how good it feels for me to find that I'm not the only one that can't stay on any plan for more than a few weeks! I mean, I see something on the web that seems like THE ANSWER, I go out and get the book (maybe even leaving work for the afternoon to do it) and stay up all night neglecting EVERYTHING else to read it cover to cover. I start it the next day. I think it's the greatest and something that I can stick to for the rest of my life. I have visions of bathing suits and new clothes and that cute short haircut that only looks good without a double chin. Inevitably, somthing happens and the plan no longer appeals to me. I decide I'm not going to diet anymore and spend a couple of weeks eating all of the stuff I've deprived myself of. If I just eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full, everything will be fine. I'll be normal. My obsession with food and weight will end forever! Finally, the clothes get really tight and I"m bigger than I've ever been so I start surfing again trying to find the "REAL ANSWER" and the cycle starts all over again. Sound familiar???

I guess the real question is, "How do we break the cycle?". I know if I would just stick to any one of the plans out there properly for 12 weeks, I would start to see results and want to keep doing it. What causes me to fail every time? How do we work on this? Just thinking out loud here. I guess if I had all of the answers, I wouldn't be at the 3FC to begin with, would I?

I'm not sure what my "plan" is at the moment. I'm just coming off of my everything is tight and I'm fat mode and trying again to do something about it. My first step is always to cut out sugar since that seems to lead to my downfall. I also have a membership at Curves and have managed to go a few times a week for the past couple weeks. Of course, I haven't seen much of a change yet so am again looking for the answer. UGHGHGHGHGHG!

Anyway, I am thrilled to not the be only person with this problem! Nice to meet you guys, hopefully we can help each other through this!

Take Care,
Katy
Old 05-24-2002, 01:26 PM   #12  

hi katyand kempster, wow i cant believe how many of us are out there, welcome to the board. kempster that is so great you are a life timer,congratulations, what commitment that took. that 15 lbs is a big deal, cause we all know what happens if we dont get that 15 .lbs off. it turns into 50. it is alot harder when you dont have that much to get off, it comes off alot slower, i've heard. hang with us , and hopefully we can help each other.

katy, i cant believe how much you post hit home, i could have written it myself, only i woul have to add, the part about how i have to pig out so much the day before i start a program cause i wont be able to eat this and that. it is like my last meal or something. that is how i get so excited about starting different programs too. you are right, now we have this problem, how do we stop jumping on different programs everytime we hear new information about how successful someone else is on that program. i know for me i think , wow she lost so much weight on this, i am going to do it too. got to stop doing that.

i have learned so much about my body, trying all these programs, more than once. including the one i am on now. somersizing, i am not pushing what i am doing, we all know what works for one doest work for others, **** we are the queens of that one. at this time, iwas just eating so many french fries and junk food, that i was actually getting sick to my stomach. i just want that junk out of my mind and i want to start getting my body used to eating healthier foods, without having to measure or weigh , close any windows or counting any points. not that i am knocking any of those programs, they are great and they work, just not for me.

we are smart women, lets figure this out and keep on trying to find what we can live with for the rest of our lives.
Old 05-24-2002, 03:01 PM   #13  

Hi Willbethin,

I see we're on the same time, wanna chat??

Take Care,
Katy
Old 05-24-2002, 08:21 PM   #14  

sure, i have to figure out how , i never did it on here before, and i got you pm hi.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:43 PM   #15  

i just replied to you but i dont see it. sorry i missed you, i really shouldnt be on here anyway, i am suppose to be packing for the shore. we are leaving tomorrow morning. i would have chatted with you.

ok this is what this board is really for so here goes. we are suppose to be figuring out a plan that we can stick to for more than a week and if we cant we are suppose to figure out why we cant stick with them right?? well, i made it throug another day of somersizing and for the same reason i didnt want to keep doing it the last time is hitting my now. i think it is called white carb with drawl or sugar withdrawl.

i was fine this morning and pretty much through the lunch hour. i ate exactly what i am supposed to was full and didnt have any cravings. now dinner is bad around my house , we all eat something different and at different times. and i usually pick on everyone's dinner i make. today i didnt do it not even once, not when i made grilled cheese for my daughter and not when i made my husbands , once a week appetizer dinner, which includes, french fries, pizza roll, wings, chicken nuggets and potato teasers. he is thin and i know this isnt healthy for him, but he likes it once a week. i didnt eat anything, which i was so proud of , but i am very irritabel and have a headache and am very jitterey. now everyone on somersizing says to wait it out the symptoms will go away. but i coudnt wait last time. this is only my second day, and i am afraid i wont stick to this AGAIN!!!!!!! i just wish i could eat less of the foods i love. i am not saying i am quitting, i really will try to stick with it, but going down the shore i want to enjoy and be happy for my child and family.

i know being happy doesnt have to mean to eat whatever i want then i will be happy, cause i know when i dont eat healthy, i am not happy. does this make any sense.?????

how is everyone else doing???
Closed Thread