General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 11:32 PM   #1  

Default Success with SlimFast #12, 01/11/2002

Here are some suggestions from the SlimFast site:

Here are some basic suggestions you can incorporate into your daily routine to eat healthier and lose weight:

1. Keep a Food Diary of everything you eat to help identify the foods and the quantities that you are actually consuming, and trouble times throughout the day.

2. Drink at least 8 glasses (8 ounces each) of water daily to help you process food, stay hydrated, and feel full.

3. Plan your meals and snacks for the next 3-5 days.

4. Read labels, concentrating on calories, fat content and serving size which can vary widely from brand to brand.

5. Keep fresh fruit and raw vegetables on hand for easy, healthful snacking.

6. Refer to low fat cookbooks for tasty and healthy recipes.

7. Dish out meals onto plates away from the table, so you'll be aware of reaching for second helpings.

8. Eat slowly, it takes about 20 minutes for your stomach to signal your brain that you are full.

9. Beware of the appropriate portion sizes.

10. Freeze leftovers immediately to avoid "refrigerator raids" later.

11. Strictly limit alcoholic beverages, which are high in calories and low in nutrition.

12. Walk or be active daily.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:36 PM   #2  

Hi, sure glad 3FC is back up...it was scary while it was down. I felt alone...funny!!!!

I have been terrible at #1 but will make it a goal to journal everyday this week.

#3 is another one I don't do but can see the genius in it. I will also have this as a goal for this coming week.

#12 I haven't been GREAT at but have been slowly improving.

How about the rest of you?
Old 01-12-2002, 08:24 PM   #3  

Well, goal #3 is accomplished. I made soup for this week for my food meal.

I haven't had any SlimFast today. I haven't done much but misc. things around the house and I tend to eat less on weekends so I just had some soup.

How was everyones weekend?
Old 01-13-2002, 12:52 PM   #4  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Benn doing ok. I started back on the plan this week and am trying real hard to get used to it again. I was off of it for a couple of months . I am using Jenny Craig bars right now. I realy like the flavors! And they are only .99 each at my grocery store. My favorite is the chocolate mint.
My biggest problem area is #2, water. I just don't want to drink it in the winter. I have been visiting the perfect weight thread and they all drink hot water so I tried it. At first I was not so sure I liked it but with a slice of lemon it is really quite good! So I think I'll be doing better with my water intake from now on.
I keep a big bag of dried fruit and nuts for snacks. They don't go bad as fast as fresh. I do prety much plan my meals and have been increasing veggies and decreasing pasta. My job gives me a lot of excersise but I also try to get in some horseback riding during the week. It is harder in winter to get out though. I always read lables, even for my cat and ferret food! So really my biggest problem area is water. Hopefully I can improve on that with the hot water.
Old 01-13-2002, 03:41 PM   #5  

CGirl thanks for the hot water and lemon tip. Also, in order to get my water in I buy flavored water at Wal-Mart. 33.3 oz is only 58 cents and it helps me a lot.

From the SlimFast Site:

The Power of Positive Thinking

Attitude.
It is one of the most powerful keys to losing weight. Positive, realistic thoughts can really help. For example, start with a realistic, achievable weight-loss goal...and remember, your mind controls your body.

Keep these suggestions in mind:

1 Keep a mental picture of yourself at your goal weight. When you feel tempted to overeat, close your eyes and envision this picture. Take a deep cleansing breath.

2 Set reasonable goals for weight loss. You didn't gain the weight overnight, so it won't come off that fast either. Take it "one day at a time."

3 Focus on a healthier weight for you, not someone else's ideal weight

4 Be prepared to slip occasionally. We all do. It doesn't mean you've "blown it." If you overdid it on Saturday night, just get back on track on Sunday with your Slim-Fast Plan.

5 Reward yourself for every bit of progress. Set nonfood goals and rewards in advance (new clothes, tickets to a concert or sporting event, a new CD... anything you consider a treat). Make a list and post it where you will see it daily.

6 Measure weight loss in gradual body changes and how your clothing fits (our weights naturally change from day to day).

7 Have a positive view of your body. No matter how imperfect you may view your body, it actually does amazing things for you. It is a gift and being friends with your body is central to your long term happiness.

8 Keep visualizing yourself reaching your goal.

9 Make long-term life goals, and focus on the "do" instead of the "don't". Concentrate on making healthier choices, focus on feeling better, healthier and more energized.

I believe these are all true. I keep a picture of me from before to remind me I can lose this weight. I made 2002 the year of the body for me and I may not have a positive view of my body I have been a better friend to it so far this year.
I intend to keep improving on this.

Last edited by LuckyLadyBug; 01-13-2002 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:13 PM   #6  

I think we lost some posts here when the server went down.

How is everyone doing?
Old 01-16-2002, 09:54 AM   #7  
kmk

Hi-

I was one of those lost posts. I had set my weekly goals:
1. Stay positive(I'm my own worst enemy!)
2. Follow food plan( I'm doing better than last week, but still not as committed as I would like)
3. Get on (and turn on) the treadmill at least once this week(I did it yesterday!!!! Will do it again today after I post this.)

I'm trying not to focus on weight loss, but on establishing good health habits. I hoping that as the good habits take hold the bad ones will be eliminated.

I also use the Walmart sparkling water-lots of flavors and better for you(I hope) than soda. I try to drink regular water in the AM so that later in the day when I often crave a treat the flavored water can help to satisfy that urge. I'm going to have to try the hot water with lemon idea...sounds interesting.

My treadmill(with some rowdy music!)awaits.

TTFN
Old 01-16-2002, 04:02 PM   #8  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! My goal this week is to workout more. I liftwed on sunday and am going to do so again this week. I need to be doing it three times a week. I did get to ride on monday so I got extra excersise that way.
Oh I found something even yummier than lemmon! I think this may not be as good as just hot water but I really needed to drink a lot on Sunday because I was dehydrated and feeling bad so I tried putting some honey in it with the lemmon. It was so good i drank about six cups in an hour! So now it is my favorite thing to drink! I do like the flavored waters but some are too sweet and some have a sacharin taste that I hate.
I started using a sugar substitute called Sweet one last week. It tastes just like sugar. No aftertaste and no calories or carbs.
The weather here is warmer in the 30's and 40's so I am looking forward to getting out to ride more.
Old 01-18-2002, 07:51 AM   #9  

How is everyone doing? I have been doing the SF twice a day but have maintained this week. I know I need to get an exercise schedule going. It seems when I get pressed for time that is the first thing I give up!
Old 01-19-2002, 09:28 AM   #10  

Go to #13 to post, please
Closed Thread