General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 07:46 PM   #1  

Default Who *LOST* over Thanksgiving?

I'm down 1.5lbs since Wednesday.
Thanksgiving was odd.. had a few ounces of ham, a bite of dressing, a bite of cranberry salad, a roll, and a protein shake.
Friday had dinner with the other side of the family and had small piece of ham, some salad, and a protein shake.

The good thing about it is that I didn't really care what I ate. Although I wanted to taste stuff (which I tasted what I wanted), I didn't want or need to sit down binge - nor was the holiday an excuse to.
Still chugging along with Optifast.... This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for Optifast, for my parents for providing it, and for the the fact that I'm gonna be skinny when I graduate from nursing school.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:42 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

WTG on the 1.5 lbs. I maintained my same wt. which was happy with that. I ate a little more than usual, but doubled my exercise efforts during the holiday.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:54 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I lost about 24 beers...they were in the fridge at the beginning of Thanksgiving day....but by the end of the week-end they were all gone...don't have any idea what happened to them...burp...
Old 11-28-2006, 12:17 AM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I ate like a little piggy and still managed to lose around a pound
Old 11-28-2006, 12:38 AM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I lost half a pound - kept up on my exercise, and went easier on the appetizers/thanksgiving feast than I would have in previous years. I did, though, indulge.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Lol EZMONEY, I think I lost about 12 beers over the weekend.(and we don't even have thanksgiving over here.) But the rugby was great!!!!! I am thinking to myself, OK, I fell off the wagon, back on tomorrow. And back to the gym. Not looking forward to weight in.Nice to know I am not the only one that has things go missing from the fridge.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:33 AM   #7  
Addicted to potato salad!

UMmmm...no...I did not lose weight over the holiday. My scale is broken (my mom says that's what happens to scales when you throw them out the second floor bathroom window), but my pants are a tad less roomy, so I suspect a gain. I blame the pilgrims. They're the ones that started this annual carb fest!!
Old 11-28-2006, 12:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

I decided that I was going to go ahead and have everything I wanted to eat over the Thanksgiving weekend, so I was a bit nervous as to what the scale would show. My mother is an excellent cook, and I was not about to skip one of her Thankgiving feasts.

My strategy to minimize the impact was to try to control the portion sizes, and to make sure that I got in my exercise - running and yoga. I got the entertainment of watching my 6 year old niece and 3 year old nephew try to do yoga along with me - very funny.

So, holding my breath, I got on the scale yesterday morning and I was thrilled to see I actually lost a pound - yipee! But even if I had gained a bit, I would have made the same choice...some occassions warrant the extra calories, I just want to make sure they are really occassions, and not a daily or weekly excuse for overindulgence.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

I managed to fit into my next-size-smaller jeans the day after Thanksgiving.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:47 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I didn't have a traditional thanksgiving but I did feast My wedding was a few days before Thanksgiving, we ate and I had been eating out for a few days prior, although I tried to make decent choices. We went on our honeymoon and I ate. For Thanksgiving itself, we went to Medieval Times. Since we've been home, we have been eating decently. I did a lot of walking during the time when I was eating out a lot. Suprisingly, I didn't gain.

My philosophy was though that there are times when I will eat more than I should and exercise less than I should but as long as I don't let those periods of times go too far and as long as I get on track afterwards, I will be ok. I don't mind maintaining or even gaining a lb or 2 during periods of indulgences but those period of indulgences have to be infrequent.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I lost a little bit during the holidays -- I tend to be more cautious when I'm off my usual eating pattern. I unintentionally lost a pound. It's weird how I kind of have the opposite problem as some others -- I'm a little over-vigilant during holidays/travel/eating out, and so tend to lose weight during those times. Anyone else do this? I upped my calories a little yesterday, and may do so again sometime in the next few days if necessary, since I'm supposed to be maintaining, not losing.
Closed Thread