General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 05:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Default late period

Hi girls. I am on day 30 of my cycle, and still no period (my cycle is usually 27-28 days)...my period is almost never late. I got a pregnancy test, and it was negative. I did have a lot going on the past month...I was very stressed out about something personal, but that happened right before my last period (like 1-2 days before my period). Wouldn't the stress have affected my last period? Or could it still be affecting this cycle? Someone help! I'm getting a little nervous!
Old 10-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Pregnancy tests aren't 100% accurate. Don't know if stress from before could affect now, but current stress could possibly affect it.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:20 AM   #3  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

yikes! almostheaven is right, those aren't 100% accurate, and well, generally there aren't false positives, but false negatives happen occasionally. it's possible that your body is still getting over the stress, but it's hard to say, and stress (mental and physical) will affect you getting your period...
Old 10-30-2006, 07:56 AM   #4  

i thought the tests at the doctor were accurate? and i am a little stressed out right now with mid-terms and i have a million projects going on....the stress before my last period was so bad i couldn't eat or sleep for a week. but i'm not sure if that would affect this period like i said
Old 10-30-2006, 11:48 AM   #5  
No description available.

Are you on any type of hormonal birth control?
Old 10-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #6  

no
Old 10-30-2006, 02:25 PM   #7  
No description available.

Ok, then what I would tell you if you were my patient (or my sister!) is to wait one week and repeat the urine preg test if you have not started. It is possible to skip a period or have irreg periods due to changes in activity, nutrition, exercise, etc, but without sitting with you and taking a complete history...hard to say for sure.

So, retest in a week. If it is still negative touch base with your provider. If you have any weird abdominal pain, don't wait that long. If it is positive, congrats! : )

(Since I am not your midwife, take my advice with a grain of salt. I doubt my malpractice coverage extends to free advice given on 3FC.)
Old 10-31-2006, 10:11 AM   #8  
resident lactivist

FWIW, I agree with midwife. Although, if you absolutely cannot wait, go to your doctor & request a blood test.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:22 PM   #9  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBigMonsterMomma View Post
FWIW, I agree with midwife. Although, if you absolutely cannot wait, go to your doctor & request a blood test.

Ditto
Closed Thread