General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 06:44 PM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Silly Men!!

Come share your silly man story here!! Okay so we love them dearly and all that but good lord sometimes they are so annoying! Well my hubby and I have been trying to clean the garage out. The main problem is a bunch of junk and clothes and just crap collected over the years but alot of it was from my ex. Stuff he had insisted on keeping and storing and now that we have split I am the one stuck with getting rid of it. We kind of ignored the junk for a while but now as I have been having more energy and cleaning up areas of my life I would just love to get that garage back to where it should be, mess free!!

So we did get a good start a few weekends ago but the problem is there is so much junk to get rid of that we can't fit it all into trash cans and some of it is bulky items like old furniture, matresses, desks, etc. The city near us has a free dump day coming up on the 28th of this month and my suggestion was to rent a truck and make a few trips and just have done with it! (Right now we are carless and he takes the bus to work every day but that is another story.)

But he said that is too inconvenient and we'd have to take a bus out to rent the truck and a bus to take it back and that is such a hassle, blah, blah, blah, etc. It would be at least an hour one way on the bus, so I agree to a point. It is a hassle but I think it is worth it to get rid of all this stuff! Plus we would really like to move next year back to his home state so we will need to do this eventually anyways! I just kind of let it go and have been cram packing the trash cans, making up bags to give to good will and such.

Well that discussion was like two weeks ago. I was talking to him on his lunch break call from work today and telling him to remember to take the trash out tonite and that I had filled up some more bags of clothes for the good will. So we started talking about how nice it would be to finish this up once and for all. And he mentioned maybe he should just rent a truck and take a day and get rid of it all at the dump or something.

WHAT A GRAND IDEA!!!!!!

So what is your silly man story??
Old 10-26-2006, 07:52 PM   #2  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

This isn't a silly man story, but have you checked with your garbage collection service to see what they charge to pick up oversized items? It might be less than the cost of renting a truck. My garbage service actually allows two free bulky goods pick-up per year (no limit on the amount of stuff, but each piece can't be bigger than 6 ft by 6 ft), I just have to schedule it a couple of weeks in advance. Way easier than renting a truck and driving to the dump. It's worth at least a phone call.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My story:

I have an electric light switch that hasn't worked in my laundry room for at least 6 months. My DH decided the other night to finally fix it. He shut the electricity off to the whole house while working on it. Replaced the switch and the light bulb. Came into the living room and said "I don't know what is wrong with it, It still won't work". I walked in there and flipped the switch and it worked fine. He forgot to flip the switch on after fixing it. We all just died laughing. LOL
Old 10-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Why Does This Thread "not" Interest Me?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:23 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Don't be too hard on him for not flipping a switch. My silly ex (not sure I want to debate this "man" idea) was installing a lightswitch for a a room that had no lighting previously. He tapped in through the electrical wires running to an outlet in the same area. Before putting on the plate, he turned the power back on to check it and it worked, then he was bent down putting the plate onto the electrical socket, raised up, and his sweaty hair hit the wires sticking from the new lightswitch...zzzzzzzzzzztttttttt!

He had a headache all day.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:24 PM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Why Does This Thread "not" Interest Me?
I dunno. Are you a silly man?

I'm trying to figure out though if it didn't interest you, how'd it catch your attention and getcha in here. LOL JK
Old 10-26-2006, 09:28 PM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

Gary - it could just as easily be a silly spouse thread! women do some goofy things too. In fact more often than not I throw away the fork and keep the paper plate!

Mine is this: My husband was trying to set up all of our TV components when we were first together. I was "helping" and he kept tell me to "Plug out the VCR" and I had no idea what the heck he wanted me to do. We started getting into a fight about it, he just thought I was stupid as all get out because I didn't know what plug it out meant... Apparently in the world of my hubby it means UNPLUG! Like I'm supposed to know this! Puh!

On a side note, he also takes credit for things that I do. I am the crafty and builder-y one in our house, and I have put together every piece of furniture that needs putting together, I even build him a book case for his birthday! He always says he did it. Why?! I do not know.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #8  
lilybelle

Lol, I know I can be just as bad.

Our TV, VCR and DVD player that are in my bedroom have wires going every which way. I never know how to work the stuff. I am definitely "technologically challenged". I wanted to see an old movie "Sling Blade" and put it in the VCR. I grabbed the remote and tried to start the movie and couldn't get it to come on. I went and got my 14 yr. old DD to help me. She walked in, hit the Start button on the VCR and Voila it worked. She couldn't believe how dumb I could be. LOL
Old 10-26-2006, 10:07 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

You are all too kind~

how about if I go with a "silly" daughter story ~ My little one, now 23 and to be married next May, was about 5 when she was being introduced to a new board game, along with her brother and two cousins. My sister was reading the rules ~ Deal 5 cards to each player ~ Place "face" down on the table ~~ did you get it? My little sweetie-pie placed her face on the table and waited for further instructions!

Another time when she was about 5, I noticed she was carrying around a few pennies, being a very over- (er...just right) protected dad ~ since there is no way I would allow her to carry something to put in her mouth that might choke her I had to ask "where did you get the pennies?" she replied "at the store" (OK so I was in there for smokes ~ which I quit 9 years ago) then came "how?" she said the thing said take a penny so I took one! From the dish on the counter of course. Go figure, she has gone on to be in grad school working on her masters, graduated magna cum laude and is a research anaylst working for the government with NAVY SEALS and NAVY fighter pilots.

I guess the reason this thread doesn't interest me is because I have NEVER done anything silly or stupid ~

did I mention that sometimes I lie?
Old 10-26-2006, 10:26 PM   #10  

lol
little kid stories are great. i am infamous in my family for my 3rd birthday when i got big girl panties, and went to put them on to show everyone... i came out in the livingroom and lifted up my skirt to show everyone and... ooops! i must have gotten distracted because I forgot to put any on! *LOL*

and my sweet hubby is infamous in his family for being about 2 years old and at a nice restaurant w/ his family. The waitress was setting down food on the table and hubby leaned over in his highchair and licked the waitress' arm. nobody is sure why...
Old 10-26-2006, 10:48 PM   #11  
lilybelle

Lol, My SIL is famous for her apple pie. A few Thanksgivings ago she baked her first home-made apple pie. She used the frozen apples she had in the freezer. When we sat down to eat, everyone was afraid to say anything. It tasted horrible. Turns out she used frozen Turnips instead of apples by mistake. We'll never let her forget this. LOL
Old 10-26-2006, 11:31 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness View Post
lol
little kid stories are great. i am infamous in my family for my 3rd birthday when i got big girl panties, and went to put them on to show everyone... i came out in the livingroom and lifted up my skirt to show everyone and... ooops! i must have gotten distracted because I forgot to put any on! *LOL*

and my sweet hubby is infamous in his family for being about 2 years old and at a nice restaurant w/ his family. The waitress was setting down food on the table and hubby leaned over in his highchair and licked the waitress' arm. nobody is sure why...
I say you and DH outta "practice" your old habits with each other!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #13  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

LOL!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:56 PM   #14  

LMAO

he's going to love it when I tell him that.

and really.. what a great suggestion!!
Old 10-27-2006, 12:41 AM   #15  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

it's funny.... I'm usually the one that does dumb things so far....

a couple years ago, when living on my own, I came out of the shower, and was going to blow dry my hair. At that point I had a really cheap crappy hair dryer, and the prongs on the plug in part were kinda bent. So I'm standing there, dripping wet, in my bathrobe, and having issues getting my hair dryer into the outlet. So what did I do? I hold the prongs together with my fingers, and proceed to plug in the hairdryer, fingers still on the metal prongs....

and yes, it's ok to laugh lol :P

on a side note, my dad is pretty bad for doing silly things, and while i love him very much, he really does do some very silly things sometimes....and now that i'm older, i get to hear all the stories when he was a kid, he used to ride his family's st bernard around like a horse, holding onto its ears, he's "gone" on an electric fence as a teenager (grew up in the country), and when i was a baby, he thought it was a good idea to bounce me around and have me sit on his shoulders, while holding me right after i was eaten.... needless to say, he learned very quickly that it's not a good idea to trot around with a baby who has just eaten on your shoulders, or you will get a nasty surprise! (very silly!) lol i'm not sure why, but for some reason he has issues seeing screen doors or something lol, it seems like every couple months, he walks right through their patio screen door that closed lol i don't know if he's just not paying attention or what lol

Last edited by isthatreallyme; 10-27-2006 at 03:13 AM.
Closed Thread