General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 09:26 PM   #1  

Default America's top model....????

I was shocked to see the last episode of America's Top model when they asked all models to get naked and then did photo shoots in front of everyone on the roof of a highrise!!! And when one of them didnt want to do it, they made her do it anyhow or she'd be eliminated...

one of them even said that she could get naked as many times as needed if they made her win! I didnt think being a model meant such obligation to do things u dont want to.... I have lost all respect for Tyra Banks as she is one of the decision makers of what happens in the show because the show is supposed to find some top models and claims to have covered all requirements one needs to be a top model!
Old 09-22-2006, 10:06 PM   #2  
Transformation

S/C/G: 183/154/138

Height: 5'2"

That's a really good point. I've seen them have to do nude photo shoots before but they had professional do hair weaves so they were covered strategically. And they had to do the shoot in front of everyone this time. I kind of worried what would happen to the pictures.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #3  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

Actually, they didn't "make" her do it, but they did tell her that refusing to do a shoot would probably affect her standings...after all, when a model is contracted to do a shoot, she does have to listen to the photographers and go along with the ideas. Usually, a model knows ahead of time whether or not there's going to be nudity though, and can refuse the job if she doesn't feel comfortable with it. In a way it's like any other job -- if you take a job and then find out that there's something about it that you don't like, and you tell your boss, "Nope, I'm not doing that!" it may very well affect your ability to stay in that job. Granted, most jobs don't involve getting naked, but in this specific line of work (modeling) it's a possibility.

If these girls watched the show at all, they knew that nudes have been photographed before -- although I don't think they were ever the very first episode, and they didn't make it as obvious that others were watching as in this one.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:58 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hey, if you check out ANY pages of ANY fashion magazine, there are lots of provocative photos in them. Its better to know sooner than later if you are right for this kind of work. If you want to have the money and the notoriety of being a TOP MODEL, you have to accept the terms of the job. The shoot was done in a tasteful manner, and lets face facts, you see more of a show at your local gym changing room that you would during this shoot!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:10 AM   #5  
Former "Big Girl!"

As a former model I can tell you that nudity is just part of the job. At a show you may change in front of 100 strangers - men and women. You may walk the runway in something so sheer it is as if you are wearing nothing at all. You may take photos where you wear nothing or very little. It is just a part of the job. You have the right to say no, but the client also has the right to fire you and not use you any longer. If you communicate to your manager or agency that you do not wish to do nudes or insinuate nudity they will accommodate you. But it will severely limit the work that you do.

Often, though, the model does have some sort of control over how far she goes. For instance, she may have the option of wearing a g-string on the bottom and having it airbrushed out later. It isn't like every nude shoot in like Playboy or Hustler.

Then again, it is for reasons just such as this that I will not allow my 14 year old daughter to model.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:58 PM   #6  

Yes, nudity and modeling go together Tyra is just keeping it real. If the women have such high moral standard they will just walk away. I'm not saying you can't get a job without being nude but if you refuse it can be a career breaker.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:00 PM   #7  

But is it absolutely necessary to have models do nude shots and walk naked in front of everyone on the roof of a building in a modelling contest?
This contest is not a job.

Tyra talks about high ethics and morals in her talk show and here... It just doesnt fit!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:18 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmakeit View Post
Tyra talks about high ethics and morals in her talk show and here... It just doesnt fit!!!
You hit the key word talks,( actions speak so much louder than words) this show was not designed to show high morals.
sex sells. sad but true.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 268/268/143

Height: 5"9

I think it's so distasteful. Butt naked? That's crazy. Even if they wore a thong alteast it would have been more tasteful than being completely nude. Who comes up with these shows?!

MY GOAL

MINI GOAL
[/url]
Closed Thread