General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #1  

Default I want to knit a sweater!!!

For some reason lately, I have been overcome with the urge to knit a sweater. I have no idea HOW to knit a sweater. I CAN knit, but the most ambitious project I've ever completed was a "shawl" for my mom (which I didn't give to her because it was so ugly ).

So, all day at work--well, not ALL DAY, but you know what I mean--I have been perusing knitting sites looking for a nice, simple sweater pattern.

Does anyone else out there knit?

Any yarn or pattern suggestions?

Cheryl
Old 08-11-2006, 11:54 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi there!
Try this link:
http://www.knittinghelp.com
The best thing is that it has free patterns, and VIDEO for ALL the stitches that you will need. And a dictionary of all the abbreviations. Give it a shot!
Old 08-12-2006, 12:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Hello Cheryl, I'm a fellow Arkie and a knitter. Go to any yarn site, Lion or any other name on the skein and they will give you free patterns. They even have beginner patterns and how to's. They want you to learn so you will use their yarn. The nice thing about that is if you already have the yarn and go to their site, you don't have to worry about the gauge because the pattern was designed with their yarn in mind. Also try "Knitty Gritty" on the diynetwork.com and you can watch video's or download patterns or just how to do a certain stitch. I hope this helps. I love Wool-ease by Lion Brand. It's very, very soft and washable. It also doesn't pill like alot of the soft fuzzy yarns do. I would love to know what part of Arkansas your in. I hope you got some of that rain that passed over tonight. It just waved as us and moved on. We can't buy rain for love or money.
Norma
Old 08-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #4  

Hey!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Norma, I'm in northeast (Wynne, by way of Cherry Valley ) AR. Yep, we got some rain and we sorely NEEDED it! I work with farmers for a living, so I appreciated every drop!!!

There used to be a yarn shop in Jonesboro that I loved to go to (although I couldn't afford to patronize them the way I'd've liked too), but they closed down. They still have a "knit night," but it's hard for me to clear my schedule to get to it. . . maybe someday.
Closed Thread