General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:05 PM   #1  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Question GAS bad :o

Ok i ussally dont talk about these kind of things but i was wondering if anyone else has had this I started gung ho monday morning walking counting my cals etc well i've had horriable gas (not smelly) lol but really it hurts and im just wondering is it because im changing my life style and my body is just adjusting??? HELP if you can and thanks
Old 07-12-2006, 01:41 PM   #2  
Collie Mommie

I have this problem (painful gas, not horrid smells). I try to use the ladies' room before leaving work, but on my 1 hour commute, invariably my lower abdomen will start to hurt and since I am not "letting it out" my belly gurgles when the air pocket "settles" back up in my intestines(?). I have not adjusted to it, and I have been eating pretty much the same thing for over 6 months now. I did start eating more fruit and veggies with my lunch around Xmas, and I think that might be when it started.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #3  
Addicted to potato salad!

Just a thought...have you been eating sugar free things that are usually sugary, like candy, chocolate or ice cream? Check the label for 'Sugar Alcohol' content. This ALWAYS makes me very (and often painfully so) gassy. My mom and I were talking about this just this afternoon and she was telling me the other night she was sitting in the living room with bad gas cramps (my dad was in bed) and letting one fluffer after another go to get rid of the cramps and then she was fine. She has a bowl of No Sugar Added ice cream every night.

Just a thought...hope this helps...
Old 07-12-2006, 02:09 PM   #4  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

2 things I have found that helps are: gas-X and charco-caps.

The gas-X (simethicone) works well, but it only works in the stomach.

If it doesn't help, the charco-caps helps with gas in the intestines. It is available at many drug stores ---I got mine at Walgreens. It really, REALLY helped me when I was making dietary changes. I was having serious problems ....dh was talking about sleeping in a spare room!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #5  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

LOL tele ... but thank you yes i have been taking gas x daily and its not helping at all i will try those THANK YOU
Michelle ( gassy 1 in cali ) LOL
And tech no i havent had any sugar free candies i did those once along time ago when i did atkins BOY they really loosen ya up i said no thank you to those LOL
Old 07-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #6  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707Goddess
LOL tele ... but thank you yes i have been taking gas x daily and its not helping at all i will try those THANK YOU
Michelle ( gassy 1 in cali ) LOL
And tech no i havent had any sugar free candies i did those once along time ago when i did atkins BOY they really loosen ya up i said no thank you to those LOL
You're welcome! I hope it helps you like it helped me! My dh is back in the same bedroom!

Please make sure to read the label, especially if you are taking any medications/vitamins. It can interfere with absorption of some meds if taken together----you should usually wait 2 hours between taking these and other meds. It is similar to tums in this respect.

Good luck!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:14 PM   #7  

I have started developing gas when I changed my lifestyle too. (when I moved to US, my food habits changed drastically and I guess the normal bacteria in the intestines changed too which caused it).

Any sugar substitutes cause it. In my case, It improved a lot after I stopped milk and all milk products. It really helped. (I knew because I guess milk was the only thing I was having everyday in form of creamer, yogurt, cheese etc...) I will also try charco-caps!
Closed Thread