3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What annoys you about your significant other? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/87777-what-annoys-you-about-your-significant-other.html)

fitgal2 06-26-2006 10:37 AM

What annoys you about your significant other?

My boyfriend is, for the most part, pretty darn awsome! but man somtimes I just do not GET HIM...like for instance, he has this tendancy to think about himself than others until other people point out his "selfishness"(ex: he has tickets to CFL games~football canadian style~and has not asked if I want to go that is until his parents asked me if I would like to go and I said "well yes as a matter of fact I would like to go"...). He really doesn't do it on purpose cuz he feels soooo terrible after the fact lol... it really can be annoying at times!

anyone else have annoyances?

HarpoChicoGroucho 06-26-2006 11:01 AM

I don't have a significant other, but I'll tell you what annoys me about my cat. My cat is so selfish too. He jumps on my chair EVERY TIME I leave the room and when I come back, he smirks. And then he sheds all over me & my house. I pick out his fur in MY hair. And do you think he picks his dirty underwear up off the floor? NEVER!! I have to do all the work around the house. *KIDDING*

Accept my apologies for hijacking your thread with my silliness :D

lilybelle 06-26-2006 11:15 AM

My DH is pretty wonderful but he does have a couple of annoying habits. He leaves his socks in the living room everyday. I pick them up. He works too much over-time even when our money situation is OK. He doesn't pack his lunch for work and then calls and has me bring him food from 20 miles away. Me and DD mow the front lawn and he waits til it grows up too high and then he'll finally mow the back fenced in part that is harder, so the yard usually doesn't look all nice at the same time. He gives too much money to his 23 yr. old daughter who is constantly messing up with hot checks and such. He is a messy smoker and gets ashes everywhere. This makes him out as terrible, but he really is kind-hearted, a faithful loving DH and fun to be around. I've had much worse, so I can see the good in him. Besides, I'm too old to train a new one. LOL

junebug41 06-26-2006 11:16 AM

Harpo- my cat does the same thing. I can't get up to answer the phone without finding that little seat-jacker in my place when I turn around.

Now on to the SO. I agree, he is great and wonderful and definitely a keeper, but he also acts a little self centered at times. For example, if he's looking for his running shorts, he will tear through my clothes basket looking for them and I come home to find my unmentionables strewn everywhere.

Also, mothers of sons. I plead with you on this one. When my boyfriend "cleans the kitchen", he doesn't really clean the kitchen. He loads the dishwasher with tupperwear and pots and pans and leaves every last plate, bowl, and glass in a sink of cold, crusty water. The reason this is is because his mom ran the house- which is fine. But whenever he was assigned a chore (like the kitchen), his mom would see that he wasn't doing it "right" and would stop him to do it herself.

God bless him though. This is a man that will rush home from work to bring me chicken soup and Sprite when I've come home sick. He will rush out at 10 pm to satisfy my pms chocolate craving. If the trade off is dish-pan hands, I'll take it.

BackPorchPoet 06-26-2006 11:41 AM

I can't complain too much about my husband, but the one thing he does that really irritates me is that he comes home from work, changes into some casual clothes and then goes and sits on the sofa... where he takes his socks off and sets them on the coffee table! Only his socks -- the rest of his clothes he puts away! I just don't get it.

sierra_ttw 06-26-2006 12:03 PM

The only thing that really annoys me is his insanely high metabolism - but he can't help that, so it's hard to hold it against him!

Stevi-rocks 06-26-2006 12:16 PM

The cat thing must be an epidemic...mine is untidy as well. Litter is suppose to stay "in" the box! ( pretty funny Marx bros.) DH has ALOT of bachlor behaviors hanging around still. He is super unorganized and has the nerve to get upset when I clean up his "areas." His car is a train wreck as well....I refuse to drive it.

Jen415 06-26-2006 01:03 PM

My SO is a wonderful, affectionate man....the thing that bothers me the most (and it's not that much really) is his level of jealousy. It's nice to be wanted so much, but it can be a sticky thing sometimes.

MissaMe 06-26-2006 08:12 PM

I simply can't figure mine out. Out of fear the list will be wayyyyy too long. I ill just say I am in constant prayer for him. smile

LadyFirelyght 06-26-2006 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissaMe
I simply can't figure mine out. Out of fear the list will be wayyyyy too long. I ill just say I am in constant prayer for him. smile

I literally laughed out loud at this. I probably shouldn't but I did. :dizzy:

My boyfriend... hm. Annoying habits... heh, crazy as it may sound, his most annoying habit (to me, anyway) is that he wants to buy me too much stuff. It seems like every other day he's wanting to buy me something, and I think we should save our money a bit more. Oh yeah, he's pretty bad with saving money... but I'm helping him with that!

SkinnySquirrel 06-26-2006 09:47 PM

My biggest peeve of my DH is that he'll wander all over the house looking for something, blaming me for moving it, and it's right in plain site. He does the same thing in the pantry...whines about how he can't find sugar/sauce/his snacks and then I find them in 2 seconds. Really...if he could only open his eyes for a second..... ;)

DeafinlySmart 06-26-2006 10:09 PM

Of the two of us, I definately have the more annoying habit so my husband gets extra points just for putting up with me. Having said that, the thing that allows me to say "well you are annoying too" is when he spends HOURS everyday on this online computer game he has been playing for 7 whole years. heehmmmm.....OTHER PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE LIVE IN THIS HOUSE! Wanna go out? Maybe get another life? Yes, I see the irony of saying that while I am posting online. My traits? I lose everything (just last weekend I lost a purse 2 feet from me in the very last store (at 9pm) that I went to and panicked and started trailing 15 different stores (in an outlet mall looking for it). My very patient husband was calmly calling places and the lost and found helping (and he did help) locate my 100th lost purse. That's not all I lose, but it gives you an appreciation. I can't remember crap. He's like my appt ledger. When I was a stay at home mom (pre bipolar) I was his and now he is mine. Don't hand an important paper to me. I am ruled by my emotions. Whether the house or anything else gets done is based solely on how I feel and not on what needs to be done. LOL. Yah, he's a saint.

froglette79 06-26-2006 10:09 PM

My DH's biggest problem is that he won't argue with me. Weird, right? I'll bring up a subject that is bothering me and basically he just listens and then doesn't say a word. What I would give for a response! He just takes whatever I give him. Or worse he just agrees and says what he thinks I want to hear and then keeps doing whatever was annoying me. Anyways, there is a website called www.Heytom.net that is basically this bunch of guys that you can ask any guy-related question and they will give you a straight answer as to why a guy would do that. Its very helpful when you are feeling frustrated. LOL

icmethinner 06-26-2006 11:00 PM

I can't believe so many people are so happy with their significant others - I guess I have just been so complacent in expecting nothing good from mine. Don't even get me started.

2frustrated 06-27-2006 05:34 AM

:rofl: Oh you guys! I'm so glad you all have problems with yours too! :rofl:

June bug - I cook, he washes dishes. Last night he put dishes in the bowl "to soak", then he washed them this morning with cold, dirty water *shudder*.... THEN he put more dishes in the bowl "to soak" in cold dirty water.... OMG :yikes: I'm glad I have a healthy immune system! :faint:

And he can sometimes be too clingy, but I think I'm getting him out of that.

Oh and I have to make his sandwiches for him because "He doesn't like doing it!" :rofl: Oh yeah I :love: making sandwiches - I live to serve! Sometimes he makes his own then expects praise for it :rolleyes: Oh yes, you're so good, you made your own lunch, like I do every day! Oh and he washes up "for me"!!!! I'm gonna buy some paper plates! :rofl:

And just don't get me started on the cat! :rofl: