3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What annoys you about your significant other? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/87777-what-annoys-you-about-your-significant-other.html)

DeafinlySmart 06-27-2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froglette79
My DH's biggest problem is that he won't argue with me. Weird, right? I'll bring up a subject that is bothering me and basically he just listens and then doesn't say a word.

At least you feel like he is listening. When mine is on the puter he does this fake head turn (becuase I have begged for eye contact when I talk to him) and looks at me then looks at the puter then looks at me. I test him and say nothing or say something outlandish and I get the same look. The punk aint even listening!

A word of caution. My hubby was like that when we first married until I started arguing with him just to hear what he really thought. Now he can outdo me on the arguing and yelling and I wish he'd go back to being a teddybear.

jules1216 06-27-2006 10:33 AM

The times that I have to remind him that he is my husband, NOT my father!!

cardsfan2009 06-27-2006 10:35 AM

Gah, those cats. They kick litter out of the box, get fur everywhere, get on the counters, eat my food, and cough up hairballs on my newly washed sheets (can you imagine what an unpleasant discovery THAT was?). Ungrateful! You gotta love 'em.

Again, silly and off topic, but i felt it belonged. Unfortunately i do not have a SO at the moment, but i'll tell you what got me real PO'd when I DID have one. When they act like total @$$holes then you ask what's wrong and you get, "Nothing..." UGGH! Just tell me or go away!

junebug41 06-27-2006 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnySquirrel
My biggest peeve of my DH is that he'll wander all over the house looking for something, blaming me for moving it, and it's right in plain site. He does the same thing in the pantry...whines about how he can't find sugar/sauce/his snacks and then I find them in 2 seconds. Really...if he could only open his eyes for a second..... ;)

Yes!!! He acts as though I intentionally move things around and then make them magically appear just to torture him.

jules1216 06-27-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junebug41
Yes!!! He acts as though I intentionally move things around and then make them magically appear just to torture him.

oh...and thenwhen you or he finds it...after you have been unjustly accused of moving or throwing it out---there is never any apology...(at least not at my house) :dizzy:

Rose2 06-27-2006 03:02 PM

Hi, I have the same problem with mine - he even asks me where his belt is, like I wear it and take it!

chick_in_the_hat 06-27-2006 03:43 PM

Hmmm....I really HAVE been stealing his belt lately....does this mean I should put it somewhere and pretend to find it for him? :s:

froglette79 06-27-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeafinlySmart
At least you feel like he is listening. When mine is on the puter he does this fake head turn (becuase I have begged for eye contact when I talk to him) and looks at me then looks at the puter then looks at me. I test him and say nothing or say something outlandish and I get the same look. The punk aint even listening!

A word of caution. My hubby was like that when we first married until I started arguing with him just to hear what he really thought. Now he can outdo me on the arguing and yelling and I wish he'd go back to being a teddybear.

I really don't want him to yell or fight with me. I just want an opinion or some help making a decision. Anyways, overall we do pretty well, so I shouldn't whine too much, or you are right... it will come back to haunt me later. LOL

DeafinlySmart 06-27-2006 08:40 PM

My husband's complaint is how I ask for an opinion. I'm out shoe shopping and I instant message him about 2 shoes. My thoughts on both. He replys but not with any helpful comments. Later I mention that I wish he would give me some suggestions and feedback. He couldn't believe it! He couldn't figure out what the question was. I told him girlfriends never have a problem understanding that if I list the pros and cons of 2 items that means "what do you think?" LMBO. That's male vs. female for you!

nelie 06-27-2006 08:47 PM

Frus, you crack me up. I don't have any problems other than minor issues. Our "You cook, I clean" rule hasn't been going so well lately as he is working a lot more hours. So I cook, I clean, I get tired.

We've never had a fight and I think that is unusual. We've had points where we've been slightly annoyed with eachother but no fights.

not2fat2bpretty 06-28-2006 09:39 AM

My DH is the best I have to admit. He does have his flaws that annoy the crap out of me though. He likes to clean the refrigerator out by waiting until the counter is filled with dishes and there is no room, so there for he stacks food filled dishes on top of the already dirty dishes that I have to clean. He won't voluntarily do anything, I have to start mowing to get him to feel like he needs to help. If not he would sit and just watch fishing shows all weekend. And I think the worst thing is that he is a HUGE pack rat!!! He keeps everything and nothing has a place. Oh wait a minute it's all over my stinking yard!!! He has FOUR lawnmowers and only one works:?: . He drives me crazy really but he has his good traits. He's good with the kids and he does help me when I nag him about stuff. He is a hard worker and he has always worked his but off for this family so I will just have to manage with the flaws!;)

jules1216 06-28-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat
Hmmm....I really HAVE been stealing his belt lately....does this mean I should put it somewhere and pretend to find it for him? :s:

yes----some place really odd!!!

707Goddess 06-28-2006 01:17 PM

I think we are all married to the same man.......LOL j/k

fitgal2 06-29-2006 08:57 AM

:cp: yay!! I am not the only one who gets annoyed!!!! :lol: My BF also has a love affair with his video games..and he just doesn't "get it" when I tell him that being in the same house on different floors does not count towads quality time together...:rolleyes:

techwife 06-29-2006 09:37 AM

The dish-washing thing is a pet peeve for both my DH and me. For different reasons for both. Everything is fine if he just lets me wash the dishes...but every now and then he decides he's going to wash the dishes. And he does a fine job, BUT, the whole time he's complaining, "Doesn't anyone RINSE anything before they put it in the sink?" No, we don't because if I had time to rinse, I'd just wash and be done with it...that's why I have a green scrubby thing. The other thing is that when I wash the silverware, I have this little corner of the dish drainer that I put everything in standing up. I always put the forks and spoons in handle end down and the knives in handle end up ...basically, so nobody gets a slit wrist AND because the handles on the knives are thicker than the pointy end and the handle part of the fork/spoons are thinner than the eating part AND I don't like the eating part to be shoved to the bottom of that draining thing because it tends to get gross fast. Plus this makes for fast work putting things away...grab the knife handles, toss them in the knife section of the silverware drawer, grab spoons, grab forks and I'm done. Problem is, I use my grabby tong thingies for cooking a LOT, and when I wash them they go in with the dishes for drying, my DH likes to put them in with the silverware, handle end UP, so the holes for grabing are down with the eating ends of the forks, spoons and knives, so when I pull the tongs out, ALL the silverware comes out with them and it all falls on the floor.

I guess, it's just dish washing is a specifically calculated science for me and I appreciate his help, but I'd really rather just do it myself.