General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 03:05 PM   #1  
CrazyCrystalcc

S/C/G: 223/223/160

Height: 5'2

Lightbulb Anyone a CleanAcholic

Ok.I know that this is a Weight Loss site but is anyone else a CLEANACHOLIC!!??? I know I am. I just wanted to see if anyone has any cleaning tips that are interesting and that work wonders...Just a thought something to keep my mind off eating!!
Alright hope to hear some soon will share mine also,
C.C.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:06 PM   #2  
Fat-be-gone

my MIL is and it drives me crazy!!!!

sorry I don't have tips, I just wanted to share that
Old 06-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

www.flylady.org.

TONS of tips.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:31 PM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

NO...I am NOT a cleanaholic. I used to be, but I've learned that life it too short to spend it cleaning everything all the time. I had a revelation one day while sitting with my favorite aunt in the hospital as she was dying of cancer and thought to myself...someday, if I'm in her shoes, what would I like to do more of if I could rewind my life. I thought...I'd probably wish I'd put away my vaccuum and played with my kids more. So, that's what I do. I clean on Mondays and Fridays and only maintain things like dishes and food clean-up or accidents on the floor the rest of the time. And I have a policy with my neat freak friends...if you're coming to see me, see me and ignore my mess...if you're coming to inspect my housekeeping abilities, you better call ahead so I can pick up the house. And I know people that actually judge people by how neat their house is and they simply aren't allowed in my house...

Anyhow...that's me. Mandalinn...I used to belong to that Flylady site and got so annoyed iwth the 25 pick up thing and the every time you get out of the shower, you have to wipe down the whole bathroom thing and the shiney sink thing and I thought..forget this! Although I DO like the idea of going to bed with a clean sink to wake up to in the AM. Nothing's worse than stinky dishes in the morning. But is IS a great site for those so inclined.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:59 PM   #5  

I am a Cleanaholic....is there help???? I am exhausted! As soon as I get up I make my bed, then I go into the bathroom, after personals, I scour the shower, toilet and sink, swifter the floor, clean the mirror and hang new towels...every morning and that's just my personal bathroom! I can't go to sleep with dirty dishes in the sink, I vaccum daily, I've even been known to wash the siding outside my front door! I don't like carpeting because I don't think it can ever be clean enough so I have only wood and tile floors...a bit excessive, ya think?
Old 06-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

I absolutley admire you ladies that are clean freaks! I wish I had that part of the brain that got me off my butt to keep a clean house. I do love it when it's clean and smells good, but my kids tend to trash it within minutes. It is definetley a short lived pleasure. And I hate cleaning up messes that are not mine. And don't get me started about the kitchen, I hate to wash dishes. Thank GOd my hubby helps with that. I do have to say that over the years I have started to keep a nicer house due to a little secret called DOWNSIZING I just had to get rid of all the clutter, nick nacks and mounds of toys and keep it very simple so it is easier to clean.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:14 PM   #7  

I'm a slob. I have lots of slob tips, but no clean tips.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:59 PM   #8  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ :)
I'm a slob. I have lots of slob tips, but no clean tips.
Ditto!!
Closed Thread