General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 12:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Red face

Kelendria,

McDonald's is probably another reason why I became a vegetarian. I got sick of the grilled chicken, too! *lol* I used to eat way too many filets, too, except I'd put them on a sesame bun with lettuce, tomato, pickle & barbecue sauce instead of tartar.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:46 AM   #17  

for all those who have to be on their feet all day long..there are some special type of tight socks (stockings) you get to help in venous drainage of your feet...it increases blood flow to your heart and makes your feet less tired!

I cant seem to remember the name right now..but I 'll post once I do.you can ask your doc next time! proud of you gals!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #18  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

I've eaten at my store three times since I started working there (3 weeks ago). Two regular hamburgers w/lettuce and 3 chicken selects. I ate the selects because I really wanted a quick protein/carb boost and I didn't feel like buying something from the store (my McDonald's is inside of a Walmart). Most of the time, though, I bring my own lunch. Recently I've been bringing SBD meal replacement bars. Really good, actually, paired with an apple. Cheaper than buying something (like a sandwich or wrap), too, and more satisfying.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:15 PM   #19  

Talking

I got in the habit of bringing lunches to work every single day, and my coworkers would get jealous and ask if I wanted to trade them for their McDonald's. *lol*
Old 06-17-2006, 08:54 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 147/141.5/120

Height: 5'3

I used to bring my own lunch all year at school, now I'm just in a 'blah' moment where I got sick of all my concotions and would rather spend money everytime I wanna eat. Lately I've been having massive cravings for nuggets......mmm....fresh hot nuggets... lol have you ever tried the breakfast menu. All that ham, bacon and sausage they stuff in every single sandwich makes me sick :S The only amazing thing is the pancakes with syrup...because it's not really syrup...just sugar and water...ack, no wonder I haven't lost weight all year

ladyfirelyte, aren't SBD meals more expensive than a half-priced sandwiches? If not, I'm hitting the grocery store right away!

willmakeit...omg! I need those so bad. Though they must be expensive for socks that are good for you, non? lol..
Old 06-18-2006, 08:56 PM   #21  

I get that way with lunch, too...except that with me, it only happens if I don't feel like cooking the day before or I don't have enough variety in my choice of foods at home.

I used to eat nuggets alot before I became a vegetarian...double dipped with barbecue & ranch sauce. *lol* I started noticing that they had kind of a bitter taste to them, though

I love the smell of breakfast at McDonald's! I used to work early in the morning, and I wouldn't even have to eat it...I could just smell it and be satisfied. Until I smelled the eggs in the garbage a few hours later:S
Old 06-18-2006, 09:49 PM   #22  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelendria_Starr
ladyfirelyte, aren't SBD meals more expensive than a half-priced sandwiches? If not, I'm hitting the grocery store right away
SBD wraps are $3 a piece at Walmart, but I can get a box of 12 bars for $28. For the same filling amount of food at my store (I only get a discount if we meet our quota), I'd spend the same amount and not have nearly the same nutrition. For me, I save money and eat healthier. I do get sick of sweet stuff, though.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:34 AM   #23  

LadyFirelyght, where are you getting the bars from? I see that you're in Texas...that's probably too good to be true in Canada!

Personally, I LOVE Oatmeal-To-Go bars (cinnamon roll is my fave, and I really want to try banana bread).
Closed Thread