General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Unhappy I know y'all arent doctors, but...

I have been really fatigued and irritable all week, and have also been a little weak today. I get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, I haven't been doing any intense exercise, and i cant figure out what the issue could be. The most frustrating part of it is that when i try to take a nap after i get home, i cant fall asleep. Could I be dehydrated or something? I thought i had been drinking enough water...I dont understand why this would be going on all week...

Alicia

P.S.TOM was over a week ago....
Old 06-08-2006, 08:11 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I can't be much help but I am really tired too. I am pretty sure my body just needs more sleep. I read an article today saying that the more sleep you get the better and that is helps with weight loss. It is almost as important as exercising... and to think I cut my sleep short to exercise... haha

But yah, I am soo sleepy a lot of time I would just try going to bed earlier!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/172/130

Oh, it could be a lot of things.
Not enough sleep, not enough water.
I've heard that light physical activity can help - like going for a walk or just spending time outside.
Also what is your diet like? that could be it too...
You could also just try laying down for 20 minutes, not necessarily to sleep, but to just relax. That always works for me.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #4  

I take a light walk for 30 minutes a day, and my diet is pretty balanced. Also, i usually eat between 1500-1700 calories a day (today i made some bad choices [Ahem, too much chocolate, lol] and i am at 1800, but thats still not bad)

Crazy enough, im trying to drink more water, and since im kinda weak the glass actually feels heavy. A glass of water, heavy? Oy..

Ive always slept 7 hours, sometimes less, and never had a problem at all. I guess ill try going to bed a couple hours earlier and see what happens.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Maybe you've picked up a bug of some sort? try to get some extra rest and listen to your body. If you're not better in a day or two, call the doctor....

just my thoughts,
Reba
Old 06-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #6  

Either a bug of some sort or have you recently given up caffeine? I mean loads of caffeine?? That will do it.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Is it very hot where you are? Hot, hazy and humid make me blah!
Old 06-09-2006, 08:54 AM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

How is your iron intake?
Old 06-09-2006, 09:45 AM   #9  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay...the quick thought for me would be that since you're dieting (I assume you are, since you frequent this forum?) is that maybe you're not eating enough? I know, it sounds counter-productive when trying to loose pounds, but if you don't eat enough, your body will go into starvation mode and start to store fat. I'd try getting a package of triscuits and have a snack of them in between meals with some low-fat cheese. For starters. On a more serious thought...I hope you're not enemic? I think I spelled that wrong. But anyhow...I'd check with your doctor to see if you have low blood counts...I'm not a doctor or nurse and hate blood, so I don't know specifically what to suggest could be the issue, blood-wise, but I know when people have blood issues, they say they are light headed and weak.

On a less serious side, do you take your vitamins? I sound just like my mother, but I take a B Complex, C, D with Calcium and a Centrum every day and I drink about four glasses of fresh-brewed green tea every day and I have to say...I used to feel kind of loagy and lazy and pretty depressed through the winter months and once I got into this habit, I've been peppy and always wanting to do something.

But, I would say that maybe a trip to the doctor may be in order...you may be suffering from depression or just stress or enemic or something I'm sure he can suggest to help you end it.

Good luck to you!!
Old 06-09-2006, 04:41 PM   #10  

Let us know how you do.......those symptoms go with a number of conditions.....Let us know how you are doing.

Liz
Old 06-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

You say you've always slept 7 hours and it's been enough, but aren't you more physically active now than you used to be?

You probably need more sleep now that you are more active.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #12  

I take a multivitamin daily, and i eat enough, and i just looked on Fitday and my iron has been fine all week.

SO, I believe i was dehydrated, because i started drinking lots more water last night and today, didnt have anything with caffeine today, and i feel much, MUCH better. Not fatigued at all. I think not enough water, combined with the heat i was in, was what did it.

Thanks everyone for the replies

Alicia
Closed Thread