General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:01 AM   #1  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Default Late Nights?

For some reason lately, late nights are my thing

For all of my married life my husband has begged for me to stay up late with him and just spend time together, but no matter what my work schedule is like, 10pm has been late for me! (Even as a kid I was that way!)

Now, 3am is my average bedtime! I'm not sure what causes this But I'm rather enjoying it! (I just wish my husband were home more to see it!)
Old 04-27-2006, 09:18 AM   #2  
Fat-be-gone

I wish I could stay up late and get up early without being tired. I feel like such a bore when I go to bed at like 10pm.

btw, what time do you get up in the a.m.?
Old 04-27-2006, 09:59 AM   #3  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Yippee!!! Another convert to the night-owl side!

I'm a bona-fide night-owl and always have been, even as a kid. Night time is magical! Electric! Only time I go to bed at 10pm or earlier is if I'm sick. Other than that, midnight is when I'm just hitting my stride!

Oh, how I wish the rest of the world agreed! It would stop all this nonsense about having to get up before dawn if everyone went to bed at a sensible hour (2am!).

I saw a report once on teens who like to sleep "late" (what society determines as "late"). They intervied one kid who routinely sleeps until about noon. The interviewer, one of those chirpy morning-type people, showed her bias by commenting to the kid, "But, you're missing a good portion of the day!!!!".

Without missing a beat, the kid cooly replied, "No I'm not. I'm missing the morning."

I loved that kid!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:20 AM   #4  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

I am a natural night owl---"hoot, hoot"!

However, I have learned that it is possible to change my naturally nocturnal inclinations. This ability to change gives me hope---if I can change THIS, I can change anything!!!

As a kid, I always had a tough time getting up early.
As an adult I chose to work night shift for almost 10 years.

Now, as a married adult, I have FINALLY converted to a day-time schedule! My husband's schedule is not flexible, and mine is, so I changed to spend more time with him

I didn't think it was possible, but I have a tough time sleeping past 7AM!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:35 AM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

My husband's always been a night owl. Comes from many years of playing in bands.

I don't agree with the kid who thinks noon is a good time to get up or with getting people on a late schedule. There are reasons why society is built around the average working hours of 8 to 5, which prompts us to be in bed early and up early. That is when we have daylight so children especially aren't out in the dark. It is not good for women to go walking to bus stops in the dark just to get to work, or be getting off work in the middle of the night all the time either. It is for safety that we work in the day and stay in at night...and therefore, sleep at night.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:20 AM   #6  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

I go in phases-- I love late nights cuz I feel like I am the only one in the world awake, its a good "me" time. its peaceful!

oh and, teenages NEED more sleep!!! they are growing and their hormones are wacked! my borther would sleep until 2pm somedays but when he got up he was pleasent to be around, unlike the days when he didn't get enough sleep!
Old 04-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #7  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

I am right there with you. Usually the earliest I go to bed is between 2 and 3.
I started it because it is so peaceful. The kids and husband are sleeping and its all ME time...
Old 04-27-2006, 03:32 PM   #8  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Glad to see I'm not alone!!

I'm looking for a job for the first time in almost a year, and I'm nervous about switchign my schedule
Old 04-27-2006, 03:45 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

You're not alone!! I usually get to bed around 5:00am. I work nights so that is one reason, but weekends are the same. Nothing like having the entire mornings go on by w/o you, so I try to get up before noon.

Once you get a job, it'll be tough for a bit to get into a routine, but you'll adjust. Good luck to you!!
Closed Thread