General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #1  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy Bad day... need to vent.

I just need to vent. I feel like crap. I can barely breath, I can't stop caughing. My neck is sore, my chest is sore. I am not hungry at all. This has been going on since last night. (going to the doctor soon)

And then around 11 last night some kids through a handfull a rocks thru our bedroom window breaking all 3 panes. I called the cops and they said they were coming - I waited 2 hours and they never showed up so I went to bed. This morning I called again and they said the person dealing with it is off for a few days and they would call me back if they felt like pressing charges. Wtf? I know one of the kids names - do something about it!

And I rented a treadmill and got it today, I used it for a half an hour but I feel too shitty to really enjoy it.

*sigh*
Old 04-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #2  
I restore Teeth.

wow, where do you live? Thats just outrageous! Having rocks thrown at my window (and then breaking it) is one of my fears...
Old 04-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #3  

can't you go to that guys' parents to speak about their lovely children?
they're really little criminals!
Old 04-01-2006, 02:03 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

I live in Nanaimo BC, Canada. It is not a large city by all means. I just dont get it. They threw TWO handfuls of gravel at the window. I just cant not believe the police wont do anything about it! I guess the kids up stairs (boyfriend's cousin and his friends) they were out on the street and these kids tried to pick and fight and one of the the cousin's friends punched one and then the backed off so they came in the house and next thing I know I am woken up but two really loud cracking noises. I started screaming, it was pretty scarey.

But luckly there are just wholes in the windows, the whole thing didnt break (if I touch it it looks like it is all going to fall in) so if we cant get it fixed right away we wont freeze. But I still didn't sleep all night, blah.

We don't know where the kids lives, only name. And apparently he lives in foster home. I would rather the police do it anyway.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:06 PM   #5  
210 / 193 / 140

If the police won't press charges, is it possible for you to take the kids' parents (or whoever's legally responsible for him) to small claims court to get your window replaced?
Old 04-01-2006, 02:07 PM   #6  

i think here in italy you can make a sort of "official complaint"for the missed help of the police...
maybe you can do it too...
Old 04-01-2006, 03:53 PM   #7  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

that just sucks! its bad enough you feel sick,
Have you gone up stairs to talk to the other guys? Make sure the police get their statement too...
If you have a chest cold you really shouldn't be doing too much, your lungs are working hard enough....snuggle up, watch a movie and drink lots of liquids, (baby yourself...*smile)
Old 04-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #8  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I don't think you should get personally involved. If these little thugs are bold enough to break windows and get into fist fights, who's to say they won't escalate things if you confront them?

I'd continue to pursue it through the police department, after getting the window boarded up. Do you have insurance? Homeowners or renters? Contact them and get them involved. If you can't get satisfaction from your local police precinct, go up the chain of command. Heck, contact your local TV station and tell them that the police wouldn't get involved. Do you have a consumer reporter there?

As for you, young lady, you're sick!!! Don't try to do anything else except rest and get better. No treadmilling, no guilt-tripping about food, ok? Just take care of yourself!

Hope this gets resolved for you quickly!
Old 04-01-2006, 05:28 PM   #9  
I restore Teeth.

...i really hope you feel better.. I can only imagine what youre feeling like right now.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Hey Everyone! I just wanted to say thanks!

My dad came and picked me up and I went to the drop in doctor and he gave me an inhaler (just in case!) and I went and got some other stuff from wal-mart. I am feeling better just reall stiff and sore. My dad took me to Tim Hortens and we had some nice soup and sandwitchs for lunch so I am looking after myself!

As for my Window - I do have insruance but I want it under my boyfriends aunt's insurance not mine (I dont know if mine will cover it anyway because it is just renters). I called today and they said they would fix my window but then my boyfriends Aunt called and said she didnt want it done till Monday so she could talk with her insruance company. ARGH!

I am going to have a nice night tonight tho and just cuddle up and watch movies. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow!

Thanks again everyone
Closed Thread