General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 11:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/230/140

Default anyone scrapbook?

Does anyone here like to scrap? I love to and would love to share tips, tricks, and techniques if you're interested. Feel free to jump right in.
I love to scrap anything. Right now, I am working on a heritage album for my grandpa and an ABC book for my mom. Any picture can be turned into a work of art in the scrappers world.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

Hi Angela!

I was just thinking about getting back into scrapbooking. I haven't done anything with mine in years. I'd love to hear some hints and frugal ones if you've got them.

Two of my high school buddies were Creative Memories Consultants, but that ran a little too rich for my blood at times. We have a large scrapbooking/craft store here and I've gone in there, but it's so intimidating.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:51 PM   #3  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Hello ladies,

I love to scrapbook! Iwould enjoy getting tips and giving some. I am glad that someone finally started a thread about this.
Right now I am making a book about travel. Its just so fun to do and to look at.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:54 PM   #4  
Aleecia

I would love to get some new ideas or tips and tricks.
I am currently working on a scrapbook for my mom for mothers day. About 10 years ago I put together a regular photo album together for her. I am now in the process of converting it over to a scrapbook.

Leec
Old 03-23-2006, 07:49 PM   #5  

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Right now I am working on this heritage album for my grandpa. To make my papers look older, I crinkle the paper into a ball and then flatten it back out. I even poke little pin holes around the edges. I also have a tool that is like a sodering gun that I use around the edges of paper to make it took burned.
Has anyone ever made a paperbag album. I've seen them and am dying to make one but don't know how.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:59 PM   #6  

I am just starting to learn how to scrapbook. I have been going to classes put on by a Stampin Up consultant. It's a lot of fun. I like using stamps to embelish the pages. I do a lot of card making, and it's pretty much the same thing. I'm looking forward to getting some new tips and techniques, cause like I said I'm new to scrapbooking. Lol it scares me thinking about cutting my pictures!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:38 PM   #7  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

oh Wow this is so cool- i have just started to learn about scrapping and was just saying i wish i had someone(s) to help with advice and ideas-
I have recently moved and have had to downsize and want to put pics and letters and all kinds of other things in a scrap book. we found all my grandfathers letters to my grandmom during WW2 when he was overseas. i would love to put them and pics in a scrapbook so future generations can look back and see how nana & pop were. I think it is so neat- i've been checking on the web for ideas- all advice and ideas are so welcome!
sandi
Old 03-24-2006, 07:38 PM   #8  
gotta lose it!

I LOVE TO SCRAPBOOK!!! I make my father & sister inlaw a book for their b-day about my niece...so much fun because she's such a camera ham!
I'm also making one for my sister & her fiance for their wedding. And I'm putting pictures of my mother (she passed away last June) and sister on cardstock & putting a ribbon on the end so my sister can tie it to her bouquet & mom can still be near her for her wedding.
My best tip ......try making your own embellishments. You can also create embelishments with office supply items.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:58 PM   #9  
sli
On A Mission

I had made myself a wedding one right after I got married and that was so much fun!
We used sand (white & black) so I got the smallest bottles ever (I believe they were through gyspy) and I put a little bit of each colored sand in each bottle and scrapbooked that. Everyone who saw it thought that it was the neasest thing ever.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:56 PM   #10  

What is everyone's favorite tool? I love the Xyron machine. For all of you newbies to scrapping, a Xyron allows you to put papers, ribbons...through it and it creates a sticker backing. It's the greatest thing ever. Another thing I couldn't live without is Fiskars Shape Cutter. It's an awesome cutting tool. One tip I have is to make sure you really really want to cut a picture before you do it. Once you do, there is no going back.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:00 AM   #11  

Since I'm really new to all this scrapbooking, i really don't have any tools. The one thing that I have is a paper cutter... like one that the blade slides up and down the cutter. Haha look at all of my technical words I"m using here!

Thanks for the tips ladies, you have me in a mood do do some serious scrapbooking. I'm going to a class on Monday night where we are making a full 6x6 album in a night. I'm excited. My mom got re-married this summer, so I'm going to make it for her with some pictures of the wedding.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:29 AM   #12  

a great place to look for scrapping inspiration is scrapbook.com. look under the gallery. there are tons and tons of ideas! good luck.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:13 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Doesn't everyone, lol?! I too love to scrapbook! Not that great but I do what I like. And I am always looking for tips! I started getting two different magazines in the mail for inspiration. But had to put everything away for now to keep the house tidy for viewing (we have it up for sale). So that put a stop to my scrapbooking for a while. It is very relaxing for me.

Going to have to check out the Xyron machine, that sounds like something I need! I use the glue dots and sometimes have a hard time getting ribbon to stick. But for the most part I like the glue dots.

I like how the scrapbook store I frequent has the packaged pages. It has everything you need to do several pages in a package. No need to try and find one paper here, another somewhere else, etc. Even though I still buy papers separatly. Always trying something different, adding my own touch to it.

Happy Scrapbooking Ladies!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:01 AM   #14  
sli
On A Mission

Has any of you heard of "cricut"?
The scrapbook store is making a big promotion on it to buy it early (preorder) It looks really nice and like it would be worth the money but I wanted to get some opinions first.
If you haven't heard of it the website is: www.cricut.com
Old 04-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #15  

I have a fun way to make your pages look more fun. Deco Scissors. They are coming back (not that I cared that people weren't using them for a while) and really can spruce up a page. I love my deco scissors. I got a set for my bday but you can get them at a big craft store or dollar store for a buck or two a pair.
Closed Thread