3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   How old were you when you found your first gray hair? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/72722-how-old-were-you-when-you-found-your-first-gray-hair.html)

LovesBassets 01-13-2006 08:34 AM

How old were you when you found your first gray hair?

...because I'm only 33 and I found my first gray hair yesterday :mad: . And -- because I then KEPT LOOKING for more -- I also found my second, third, fourth, and FIFTH gray hairs. And then I ripped them out.

I am very bummed. Is this the beginning of the end of my blonde hair? Is it all just downhill from here? :(

How old were you ladies when you found your first gray? Is 33 "normal?"

BeatlesFan 01-13-2006 08:48 AM

I was seventeen when I found my first one. :o
Let's just say I'm 33 now and almost entirely gray. :(
I have black hair though and both of my Grandmothers were entirely gray by age 40.

kykaree 01-13-2006 08:53 AM

I was in my mid 20's when I first found one, I am 33 now, and find the odd one here and there, don't panic!

1dayatatime 01-13-2006 08:54 AM

Speaking from a professional standpoint - yes, it's normal. I'm reminded of a 22 year old male client that was completely white. It was actually very beautiful. He started going grey at 15 and went really quickly. He was one that likes the inch size gaping whole in his earlobe - couple of tattoos - so for him it was very cool.

To answer your question I found my first grey at 30. If they bother you too bad you can buy some relatively cheap rinses to use after each shampoo or you can color it. Or you can go grey gracefully. I know, easier said than done. :)

icmethinner 01-13-2006 09:08 AM

I was probably about the same age, and now I have quite a few - but I lighten my hair (it's naturally a mousy, dirty blonde color) and so I really have no idea how many are there - blissful ignorance I guess (I'm 38).

AmberM 01-13-2006 09:18 AM

33?? Good for you! I was 20 or 21 and my hubby was 13!!!! My whole family is gray. My hubby is 32 now and about 65% gray! I have quite a few but I color my hair so that helps. I'm only 29 and I have them all the time! I think finding your first one now is great!

Amber

2frustrated 01-13-2006 09:31 AM

I'm looking forward to getting my grey hairs - my Mum has a wicked white stripe at the front. Think Lily from the Munsters, like THAT! :cool:I think I'll dye my stripe pink or something... I hope I get a stripe! Knowing my luck it'll go all over! I want my stripe! :tantrum:

Kamily828 01-13-2006 09:50 AM

I was 18 and so were my brother and sister. Our family goes gray quickly.

I have a stripe on the top. Thank goodness for haircolor!!

upswife 01-13-2006 12:00 PM

DH was looking down at me over the summer and foound my first gray hair. I pulled it out!! BUt the other day I was looking and I found two more, so I guess it was for real. I am 26. If I remeber corectly DH got his first one at 25 or 26, but also started going bald.

cinnamonspice 01-13-2006 12:10 PM

I'm 30....er, I mean I celebrated my 2nd annual 29th birthday in November ;) and I have some gray, well, I would without some major help from Miss Clariol :)

zoritsa 01-13-2006 12:12 PM

I was 33 when my husband found my first grey hair.I didn't pull it though,and I don't mind the thought of seeing more and more.I do mind the texture of the hair though...so it's not the color that bothers me,I actually like the color.

marbleflys 01-13-2006 12:19 PM

I remember VIVIDLY! It was my 30th birthday, i was toweling off after a shower, saw a grey hair and it WASN'T ON MY HEAD!

Now I'm 49 and have about 15% greys in natural blonde, but use an ash-blonde color with lighter highlights so everything blends. The eyebrows get a color too!

RottenApple 01-13-2006 12:25 PM

I turned 30 last month and found my first gray hair a few days ago...I quit looking LOL

plb@m 01-13-2006 01:31 PM

My boyfriend found my first when I was 25 .I'm 32 and have alot more how .I did color my hair but how I've let it go it helps that my boyfriend is all gray so I don't feel to so bad.....lol might highlight this summer.

charliekay 01-13-2006 02:05 PM

hmm,i have no idea i have been coloring my hair since i was 14 so i have never really seen my natural color in many years.