General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 11:12 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Prayers for New Orleans

Sending out prayers to anyone in New Orleans and Louisiana and also to those of you that may have friends and family there.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:26 AM   #2  
Addicted to potato salad!

Ditto!!
Old 08-31-2005, 11:41 AM   #3  

Where two or more come together there He will be! (I think that is how it went, not for sure on my memory though.) Prayers for all (even other states) that need it during this time.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:42 AM   #4  
it's always something

You are all in our prayers, too. We'll look forward to hearing that you are all safe

Old 08-31-2005, 01:00 PM   #5  
For my HEALTH...

The news reports are so horrible. I feel so sorry for those people (including the special needs people) in that big stadium. And now they are busing them all the way to the Houston Astrodome. --Pookie
Old 08-31-2005, 08:16 PM   #6  

I would also like you to know that you are all in our thoughts hearts and prayers here in Australia to. God bless
Old 08-31-2005, 10:58 PM   #7  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Default Many prayers are going out to them!

I hope they feel our prayers. I am so grieved for all who are affected by this. It's just so horrible.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:57 PM   #8  

this is truly sad
Old 01-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #9  

I am just so overwhelmed that there were prayers being said all over the world...
Well here I am... alive & existing in Katrina Land... letting you know that my family & I survived.

It was supposed to be a short trip. Some time off from work. Just 2 or 3 days at the most… then come back. We’d unpack the car, do some laundry, clean up a few branches, mow the lawn, then back to work. Little did we know that when we evacuated on Sunday August 27, 2005 that days would turn into weeks & that this was going to be “A Year To Remember” even when we tried to forget.

When we were finally allowed to return home 2 weeks later, the word “Normal” had to be redefined & nothing was ever going to be the same again.

We’ve always been pretty self sufficient. Our way of life was helping others and not the other way around. Katrina was a very humbling experience, & continues to be a learning experience throughout the recovery process.

Our home was intact with minor inconveniences, our jobs still there and for that we are really grateful. Still there was no relief from the devastation all around us. Our ability to help others was out of our control.

One of the most frustrating aspects of this storm was the lost communication & support systems. Internet connections, cell phones, land lines, were spotty. Mail was at a halt & television was only a fond memory.

Love has become an action word since the storm came our way. It’s taken a very dark situation & enabled us to see the light of hope in the near distance.

My Friends have been such loving & generous people!!! They gave back to me the sense of hope & courage that I 'd lost in the aftermath of the storm.

They sent supplies, above & beyond all expectations… from needed medications & first aid, cleaning supplies, healthy food. And many, many comforting things like personal supplies, scented candles, books, baby wipes, that allowed those of us living with camp stoves & no electricity or running water to be able to feel almost human again.

They made Christmas brighter for children who’d lost everything & have no place to call their own, they sent truckloads of things to help them remember that someone knows they are here & that they are still children.

This was a gift that is so precious & valuable that I will never ever begin to repay!!!

It’s been 4 months since that day that changed our lives. The mountains of debris are getting smaller each day, some blue roofs are being replaced with real shingles, more business places are opening, more supplies are coming in, TV and phone lines have almost all been restored. We have stocked drugstores now in temporary trailers around the city.

I am thankful that in all the devastation that there is hope. That even in the storms of life, I can see goodness in others.

People helping people, sharing living spaces, financial resources, food, clothing, & most of all emotional support & hope.

Yes... my husband & I have reached out to our extended families, our neighbors, and our community but in the process we’ve finally learned to allow others to reach out to us.

Blessings & thanks to all of you for your thoughts & prayers... may you all find strength & hope during the storms in your lives!

Closed Thread