General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:31 PM   #1  

Default No workout today

Well, I've just started working out again and now I've run into an obstacle (which is why I am on the internet instead of in the pool right now). I just stepped on the claw end of a hammer and sliced my heel open. Today was "technically" my day off from "working out", but I wanted to go swimming anyways and now I can't. Not going to be allowed in the pool until it heals. So I plan to pop in a yoga tape tonight instead. Hopefully I will be able to walk on my foot tomorrow to go lift some weights and maybe take a stroll on ye olde treadmill. It's just not fair!!! Someone feel sorry for me!
Old 07-28-2005, 09:38 PM   #2  

I feel sorry for you, there is nothing worse than getting all motivated and then being shot down! You could probably to pilaties and ride a bike? I hope it isn't too bad. Remember to take care of yourself or it could get a lot worse.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:28 AM   #3  

Thanks. It isn't all that bad now, but when I first did it it hurt quite a bit and was bleeding pretty good (?). I have a band aid on it and I think I should be ok tomorrow, but it really sucks that I can't swim. Not allowed in a public pool with an open wound for obvious reasons. Swimming is much less taxing on my knees, but yeah I have a new bike I can ride so not all is lost. I'm just grateful it isn't any worse than it is.
Closed Thread