General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 02:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I am so glad I don't have these kinds of critters around our house.

Of course, we've run across tarantulas and scorpions - not in the house, but finding them anywhere is still pretty unsettling! I found a brown recluse in the house about a month ago. I don't like to kill bugs but that one was smashed pretty fast. Those ones are just too nasty to survive.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:54 PM   #17  
Philippians 4:13

S/C/G: 239/218/139

Height: 5'2.5"

Christy- that was so funny. Maybe next time there'll be a toilet bowl full. Pool party. We do have a creek next to our house and we have a spring in our basement. I've not seen any down there before. I'm wondering why they are starting to come up now. We also have well water. Don't know if that could have anything to do with it. I don't use bleach or anything harsh when I clean so maybe they like me or something.

Grey eyed girl- The brown recluse is a scary spider. When we were little my brother was bitten by one. He didn't know it until he got a fever and violently ill. My parents took him to the hospital and they said it was a brown recluse bite. They had to cut all of the infected parts out of his foot(where he was bit). The flesh on his foot where he was bit got all mushy and gross. Okay that's enough. Well yeah I don't kill too many spiders but that's one that has to go.

Last edited by rdhdgrl1; 06-13-2005 at 06:56 PM. Reason: missed a letter
Old 06-14-2005, 04:51 PM   #18  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Eeew I just had to look up brown recluse! YACK!

I'm so glad I'm in the uk, the most poisonous thing we have is an adder snake, not too many bugs! Just darn midges that bite!

My fiance is well scared of spiders, there was a medium sized one (2") in the bath the other day. I saw it and left it alone. Then about 2 hours later he comes to me with it in a cup and I say, "Oh yeah I saw that ages ago!" and he gets all huffy about how I didn't put it out! All of our spiders are harmless so I just thought it'd go away again, obviously it liked it in the bath!
Old 06-15-2005, 11:24 AM   #19  
Addicted to potato salad!

BLEH!!! I am not the LEAST bit tolerant of anything other than my pets and family living in my house. Here in Northern New York State (a couple miles from Canada), we don't get anything really dangerous here...most things get killed off in the deep freeze of winter. BUT, let me tell you...all I have to do is pick up a wet towel off the bathroom floor and have one of those black jumping spiders under it...after a blood curdling scream, I'm off to the store to buy 3 bug bombs...one for the basement, one for the main floor and one for the upstairs. Call me mean to God's tiny creatures if you will, but I can't take it. I'm petrified of spiders!! One night while camping as a kid, I was doing my nightly spider scan with the flashlight and found a huge wolf spider on the ceiling of the tent. I went running out like I had just seen Godzilla in the tent and made my brother get a paper cup to swipe it off the ceiling and throw it in the campfire! I was terrified. Just this weekend I was cleaning through some of my DD's old barbies on our front porch and ran across some whoppers and each one, I screamed bloody murder. BUT, in contrast, I love the spiders in my garden. God's tiny creatures are just fine...AS LONG AS THEY'RE NOT IN MY HOUSE!!

Last edited by techwife; 06-15-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Closed Thread