General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 10:45 AM   #1  
On the Leash of My Senses

Default Harry Potter IMAX?!

Ok. I'm a Harry Potter nerd. And holy smokes they just announced there will be an IMAX version of the next one. Can you imagine? Professor Snape, 10 feet tall?!! I'm swooning already!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:57 AM   #2  

I agree! It should be cool. Especially with this one. The last scenes with Harry and Voldemort dueling will be crazy on the IMAX!

Yes, I am 28 years old and a Harry Potter Nerd...I admit it!
Amber
Old 05-03-2005, 11:11 AM   #3  

I am a Harry Potter Nerd aswell... I read all of the books so far, they were good. My Family is now hooked on them as well, they make great reads for all ages. The movies I have seen but my DH refuses to watch them with me..however my Nephew and Niece Love the movies ( they are 5 and 2). I don't know if my Nephew would like the IMAX version though, may be too much for him at his age.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:22 AM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

Well, too bad I don't have an IMAX theater in my area...that would be AWESOME!!

I, too, am a Harry Potter geek...oh, wait, it's Harry Potter Nerd...Lord of the Rings Geek...according to my hubby I'll be 40 this year.

Old 05-04-2005, 08:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh wow, some more HP junkies like me
I saw the POA twice at the theater, once in a regular theater and once at the IMAX. The IMAX was amazing, it really scared me, I was blown away by the special effects.

I hope they don't change the actors after the 5th movie. JKR really needs to hurry up and write that last book so they can pop the last 3 movies out.

And, I am counting the days down til the next book comes out. I am currently listening to all of the older books on Audio CD, it is something great to pass the time while I am at work or in the car.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:13 AM   #6  

OMG other people love Potter as much as I do? WOW! My husband and I fought the urge to get into it for a little while, but we were quickly won over - and now are addicted. We are trying to not watch the movies until our home theater room in the basement is finished, can't wait to have a Potter movie marathon on the new 100 inch screen!
Old 05-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #7  

I'm re-reading the books too! I just finished Goblet of Fire. I read it while on the exercise bike so I'm getting an arm workout from the weight of the book too *hehe* I totally agree that the movies won't be the same with other kids in the roles. Dan Radcliffe IS Harry Potter in my mind, changing it now would throw me off.

There's a sneak peek preview trailer for Goblet of Fire during ABC's Saturday movie "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets". Should be interesting.

Amber
Old 05-04-2005, 09:54 AM   #8  
On the Leash of My Senses

The last book came out the week my daughter was born, and my husband and I spent all our waking moments for the next week reading the book aloud to each other while the other held the (generally fussy) baby. I love the movies the first time - we always go with all our friends on opening night (we're a whole crowd of nerds), but I find the first one especially unwatchable now. I've been reading the first Harry Potter en francais in an attempt to learn french too.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the tip on the preview. I hadn't heard and I haven't seen any yet. Goblet of Fire on Imax. Can you imagine the giant spider from the maze scene. Yikes!

ggnub-Reading it in French. You are a fan! What a great idea on how to practice a foreign language. Harry Potter would be good because I've read it so many times.
Closed Thread