General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 03:12 PM   #1  

Default Perspiration

Ok, this is absolutely disgusting, but I REALLY need some help! I sweat so badly! Even when its cold outside! Does anyone know of a really good anti-perspirant that keeps this under control? I've tried swabbing witch hazel under my arms and that works well some of the time - but as it gets hotter and muggier here in DC even that isn't enough. I wish there was a pill I could take that would help this problem! Sorry if I made anyone queasy!
Old 04-07-2004, 07:31 PM   #2  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey there! I use a prescription antipersperant called Drysol because my right underarm sweats GANGBUSTERS sometimes... it's bizarre. Only the right

Highly recommended stuff. You put it on before you go to bed, after you clean and dry your armpits thoroughly, but only like once a month or every 2 weeks. Very effective - has aluminum salts in it. Some say putting high levels of aluminum can cause future health problems (ie Alzheimers) but it's worth it to me right now. I figure almost ALL deoderants have aluminum in them, so... might as well work.

Last edited by BerkshireGrl; 04-07-2004 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:31 PM   #3  
it's always something

My mom is concerned about the aluminum in deodorants, and she has started using a salt stick. She says it works for her! But she's not a heavy sweater.

I've heard botox injections can be used to prevent sweating.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:51 PM   #4  

Hmm, so I can get a prescription or botox - alzheimer's or poison injections - looks bleak, doesn't it?! hahaha, that's life. Thanks guys, I'm going to talk this over with my doctor - looks like there's some options out there!

Berks - have you ever tried the witch hazel? It does actually work, just not in the strength I need - perhaps if I re-applied it during my lunch hour....
Old 04-12-2004, 08:54 PM   #5  
missaprylj

I've read that putting your deodorant on before bed can be helpful... maybe you could try to read about that or something. I use "Platinum Protection" and it works *SO* much better than solids.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:49 PM   #6  

You know, I was looking at an extra strength product in the store that you're supposed to apply before bedtime and wash off the next day. Maybe I'll check that out. Is this "Platinum Protection" a certain brand?
Closed Thread