General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-09-2018, 01:02 AM   #1  

Question Looking for a new bed

Girls, I need your help.
It seems like we need to buy a new mattress. Hubby is about 280 and I'm a bit overweight at 160. Hubby have some back issues, which makes it even harder to find a proper mattress, since he needs a firm one. Anybody have any advice on what to look at and stay away from?
A already found some reviews, but I don't want to choose something without even trying

Could you share your bedroom setups with me, please?

Last edited by mintleaf; 08-22-2019 at 01:41 AM. Reason: we've already found a new bed, thanks!
mintleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:04 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

My husband and I purchased the SleepComfort mattress (adjustable airbed). I think ours is the i8? Anyway, we got the split king version and got the adjustable frame so we can prop it up to watch TV, adjust the head or feet up or down to accommodate back pain, etc. It was expensive, but I think worth it. And he can have his mattress set for super firm while I have mine set rather soft and we're both happy.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:25 AM   #3  

Have a look around on the Internet too. Many people will have great ideas, success stories and beds that have helped them. But you will need to find a be done that suits you. Just because it has worked for someone, doesn’t mean it will be the best option for you.
healthhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:27 AM   #4  

I sleep only on an orthopedic mattress. This allows me to completely relax and get up in the morning without pain in the muscle box.
GowardToliyaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #5  

We were going to get a "memory" foam type mattress but ended up getting a Latex foam mattress instead. Had it maybe a year. Like it a lot. Wife was having issues with her shoulders, old mattress too hard. We put a memory foam topper on it, maybe 3 inch. That helped, but wore out after a few years.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 11-17-2019 at 01:20 PM.
amzounslide95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:03 AM   #6  

I have been using their purple mattress for years its quite good and very comfy mattress, and I bought it by using online coupons and literally, it is worth buying. I suggest you to buy it without any fear. You can find a good purple mattress and more varieties on nest bedding coupon because I bought mine one also from there.
sophiaedward64 is offline   Reply With Quote