General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-24-2016, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Turning 40 - party ideas?

I'm turning 40 this summer and I'm super excited about it. I can't recall ever being so excited about a birthday before. I don't usually have a party on my birthday but I really want to do something this year. I live in NYC and I'd rather not host it in my apartment. I don't feel like cooking and cleaning and worrying for days in advance. What's usually done is hosting a dinner at a restaurant or a bar but I don't want to do that either. I want to do an activity that everyone will enjoy. Any ideas?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Nice! I hope you have a great birthday! I did a trip for myself instead of a party (although a party would have been great, but I am currently reassessing some of the people around me... :\)... anyway... it kind of depends on how many people you're inviting, I think. Some generic ideas to follow...

You could do a picnic if you think the weather will be nice. There's a company in my city that will do the picnic for you -- you call them up (or go on their website) and they will prepare the food and drinks (after you pick your budget and options) and then all you have to do is show up.

You could always do an activity like bowling or going to the Chelsea Piers to do something physical there.

You could do a tea party (I love tea parties!)...

I think it kind of depends on what you want, the time of day, the number of guests, and what they/you normally like to do.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 387/361/155

Height: 5'2

I'm absolutely no help. I chose to pretend 40 didn't happen. I stuck my head in the sand and hid. 40 sucked.
Swinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Rana I love the picnic idea but bowling an be really fun too. I'm not into tea parties, too stuffy and I want people to loosen up and party. Booze!

Swinella I'm so sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your birthday. Birthdays come whether you want them to or not so celebrating is the only sensible choice. This is a new chapter in my life, I'm happy with my body and myself and I have so much to celebrate and so much to look forward to! Plus I don't know how old you are now but amongst my circle of people everybody celebrates their birthday one way or the other.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:27 AM   #5  

Go on a cruise.
Jaguar89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:04 PM   #6  

Awww good luck for next year. And happy birthday in advance. I never done big party on my birthday, as I am very shy dont do fancy things alot lol but yes as @jaguar89 said go on a cruise.
Ramzi is offline   Reply With Quote