General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #1  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Sandwich generation!

I know, I have not posted here like I used to, but life, sometimes, is what it is.

My DH and I are so in the sandwich, generation. My sisters and I had to put our mother in the nursing home, and mostly she does not mind.

My MIL recently had a heart attack, and my FIL has Alzhiemers.

Now my DH, who have some awesome, cute grandchildren we want to hang with, we still are working 2 jobs each, to help out our parents.

And anytime they want to go more than 10 miles from home, or for my Mom, in the home, to a function whatever it may be, we go do it, at our own expense, (that's ok).

Thing is, we are trying to balance, my 98 year old grand mother, my mother, my MIL, on Oxygen, my FIL, with alzheimers, and our kids and grandchildren.

So, my frustration is, with my Mom, I know, what happened, was not what she wanted but, she is safer, and taken care of.

So today my sisters and I take off of work, and take her to the funeral of a very dear family friend, that I cannot ever not remember ever knowing.

All Mom could do to anyone who spent more than 10 seconds talking to her was tell them "my girls, sold my house, my stuff, my van and then "Janelle's husband, which would be my husband, ran over "my dog" and killed it.

Yeah, we did all of those things. Mom, was not taking care of herself. She was hooked on Vicaden. We made sure she had food, and so on, we went and cleaned.

As it turned out, she was way overweight, but she was suffering from prescription drug addiction and malnutrition.

We made sure, she had all the healthy good food she needed, but she was so damn stoned on prescription drugs from her doctor, that she could not care for herself. Which we did not realize, until it was to late.

We would go and cook, for her, or offer to take her out, but the drugs, were more important.

Here is what I have learned, no one writes a book for dummies on your aging parents. Please people, pay more attention. They will lie and deny, and not ask for help, and you will whopped upside the head with what the **** just happened.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Shcirerf, I'm so sorry to hear all you are going through with aging parents. It's a very trying time, and it doesn't help when they don't or can't realize that what you are doing is out of love and concern for their well being. Please find some comfort in knowing that you and your family are doing the right thing. {{{Hugs}}}

My daughter's name is Janelle, too!!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-04-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote