General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-20-2015, 09:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

Default Fitbit anyone?

Who's usng it? I just got the Charge and I'm looking to add some people to my dashboard, as they say it's always more fun with (new) friends.

My goal is 5k steps every day. Starting realistically and will increase as I reach the goal and it's no longer challenging to get in the extra walking since I work in an office setting.

Who's in?

Here's my profile if you wanna add me
https://www.fitbit.com/user/22VJTC
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:36 AM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I've had a flex for 2 years now. Love the thing.

Waiting for the charge HR, to get the quirks worked out.

I've had several brands of pedometers, and the WW active link. Worn all at the same time and compared. Along with checking mileage with my car. I'm just that way.

Fitbit flex is more accurate, on the other hand less forgiving.

But that is a good thing.

Makes me move my back end!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:45 AM   #3  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Bought a Zip on the 10th. I like it very much, though I am a little appalled by how much more I need to move. At least now I know HOW much!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I have had a Fitbit One for about a year now. I am retired and I'm very inactive. I would be embarassed to have someone else see my results. On the days I go out shopping or do some exercise I am in the 4-5K steps range, but the other days can be really, really low. It does make me more aware of the need to get up and move. I spend too much time on my computer. I wish I could hook the PC up to my treadmill.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Wannabe, I don't have a fitbit, but one of the people who runs a site that I pull recipes from does. She does what she calls "housewalking".. basically gets up throughout the day and just walks around her house.

I'm not saying you need more exercise or anything like that.. but if you wanted to get your steps number higher, it's an idea, and it'd be a good break from the computer.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 309/194/145

I love my fitbit. I started with the zip and then xmas(2013) I got the one and now I am waiting patiently for the plum(colored) charge HR to come out. My zip went to hubby so when I upgrade this time he will get my one and our roommate will get the zip. I can not wait for the charge hr. I want to know how my heart rate is doing when I am exercising.

Your more than welcome to add me. right now I am not as active as I once was. Moved my living room upstairs to my sitting room cause of how cold my living room gets during the winter. I use the home gym more often now instead of zumba.
SnowAngel72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Sunarie, the housewalking is a good idea! Thanks! Having the Fitbit DOES make me stop and think that I need to move more. My house is small, but I can go in a circle from the living room, through the kitchen, through the dining area back to the living room. Also, because of a small kitchen I have a pantry and freezer in the basement for extra food. Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of sending my husband downstairs to get things. I need to start doing it myself!

Snow Angel72
, I also wear a separate heart rate monitor when I exercise, and sometimes I wear it throughout the day. I have heart disease so I need to be aware if my heart rate becomes irregular.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
I have had a Fitbit One for about a year now. I am retired and I'm very inactive. I would be embarassed to have someone else see my results. On the days I go out shopping or do some exercise I am in the 4-5K steps range, but the other days can be really, really low. It does make me more aware of the need to get up and move. I spend too much time on my computer. I wish I could hook the PC up to my treadmill.
That's actually been my problem. I had a Fitbit One and on days I was "normal" in the slump aka lazy, just going to the office and back the number would be VERY low.. like 1-2k cause I live really close to the train and the office is close to the train too. This is a kick in the butt to get MOVIN'.
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #9  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

I've been thinking about getting one. Not sure which one I need...seems like the flex might be good. I need it to help me exercise more.
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote