General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Default Underwear - What kind do you buy?

Where do you get your underwear (panties specifically, not bras)?

I tend to buy the hipster panties (I hate that word) from Lane Bryant - size 22/24 in cotton. They are sort of pricey for how fast they start to wear out and get holy - they don't seem to be any better quality than the kind you can buy in a six pack (or whatever size) at a place like Target. That said, I can never find ones that fit right when I try to buy elsewhere.

Would love to know your favorite underwear brand and style. Also be curious to know what your jeans size is and what size underwear you buy .. (sizing of underwear is so weird).
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I love bare necessities. Until Victoria's Secret changed, I liked theirs but not any more.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I've been cheap about underwear as they aren't cheap! And I've had to go down several sizes (baggy underwear is NO FUN!)

Since I don't wear low rise pants (don't fit my shape well - they just slide down/off), I get high waisted, full coverate briefs at Target. I buy the silky microfiber ones. They are smooth, pants slide on them without bunching/pulling and they are comfortable.

Lastly, I get them as now that my MIL lives with us and we wear the same sized underwear, I did NOT want to get our underwear confused in the laundry - GROSS! She buys all cotton hanes, so I won't! :-)

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 03-01-2013 at 10:53 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Ug, the underwear issue. I have yet to find a cut, style, or brand that I just love. I get very frustrated with underwear. I'd really love to invest in some really nice undies, like from Victoria's Secret, but before I do that I'd like to know for sure what style I like.

I do like the way hipsters fit, but they hit me right in the chunkas (my nickname for lovehandles). I like that bikinis go below my chunkas but they're too low cut in the rear for my liking. I like the idea of boy shorts but I don't like the bottom of my booty hanging out. Forget about anything high cut! I have a couple thongs for necessity, but I absolutely wouldn't wear them every day. I don't know.

Sizing. . . another issue!!! Totally depends on the freaking brand, and it's so irritating. I have undies that vary from small to xl. Of course at this point the xls are too big, but they aren't falling off. I've come to the conclusion that I must be shaped weird. Some of my underwear fit great around the waist but are baggy in the butt. Too much love handles not enough booty. I can't ever go by the size charts on things because I'm not proportioned in the way the size charts are set up.

Ahhh, maybe I'm meant to go commando.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

My big thing is that the underwear has to come over my belly a little bit (no underwear that stops under the belly for me!) but not come up so high that they look like granny panties. Hipsters in the right size tend to work for me - just sick of spending so much on low quality underwear from lane brant. Also, I find the leg openings in most underwear to be too big for me .... I should just stop buying cotton - the other kind lasts longer but I feel like gives you a "not so fresh" feeling after a long day!
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/265/140

Height: 5'6

I am a self confessed underwear whore.

I love underwear. I love almost any kind and almost any texture or material. Boyshorts, bikini, thong, and any variation in between. Which is funny, because I used to hate the variation when I was younger.

The only kind I have found that I don't like are the kind that go too high up on my stomach. I like a little coverage there, because I tend to wear my pants high, as I don't like having a visible roll on my front side, but if it goes too high it's annoying.

I have taught myself to avoid eye contact with the underwear section of stores because I will otherwise come home with handfuls of the 5 for 20 sale that usually goes on at Target, which is where I usually get mine. I always buy the singles, never ones out of a package. Mostly due to my mother forcing me to when I was younger. I'm a late life rebel, apparently. I'm actually due for some new ones. My odd thirty pairs or so are becoming a bit frayed around the edges because I haven't let myself buy any in so long.

Bras? Bras are a completely different matter. I detest bra shopping.

Last edited by birdtostone; 03-01-2013 at 11:18 AM.
birdtostone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #7  
Just Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandypandy2246 View Post
My big thing is that the underwear has to come over my belly a little bit (no underwear that stops under the belly for me!) but not come up so high that they look like granny panties. Hipsters in the right size tend to work for me - just sick of spending so much on low quality underwear from lane brant. Also, I find the leg openings in most underwear to be too big for me .... I should just stop buying cotton - the other kind lasts longer but I feel like gives you a "not so fresh" feeling after a long day!
I like underwear that stop under my belly button. Recently, I bought some "Knock out' underwear from Bare Necessities, it is supposed to keep you fresher longer. I don't have an official verdict yet.

I like cotton underwear myself so I do try to buy them.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

In no particula order I like Jockey, Vanity Fair, Warners and Hanes, and Hanes makes other than cotton ones. I like High Cut or French Cut and I don't like Microfiber no matter who makes them.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #9  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

All my underwear stop under the belly button, and they are full cut. I just have an ample gut/ and long hip to waist area, so they don't get too high as they would on a lot of people.

Funny how bargoo hates microfiber when they are my new favorite - by far. Good thing they make different kinds, huh?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #10  
Just Me

Yeah I have a long torso so I can wear high thigh cut undies and they don't look like granny panties. The only microfiber I used to like were the ones by VS but they changed so its not the same.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

My big problem with underwear has been that my bootie to waist ratio is apparently outside the norm. If I buy underwear that fits my cheeks, it is waaaay too big in the waist and if I buy underwear that fits my waist I don't get enough bootie coverage......Recently I've started to buy Cheekies, which are designed to expose your cheeks.
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

For cheap panties I get Just my size. For the nicer ones I used to get them at Fashion Bug (I'm going to miss them), and when they're on sale I order from Addition-Elle, which is a Canadian plus size store.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #13  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Gilligan O'Malley. I would NEVER spend more than $5 on a pair of panties myself. I prefer this style for comfort and flattery.

Last edited by krampus; 03-01-2013 at 12:33 PM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #14  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

I prefer brazilian, tanga, or bikini style. The less fabric the better...and stay away from my belly button! I'm not picky about brand. My panty size is 6/medium or 7/large. In jeans, I'm between a size 16 and 14. And where do I buy panties? Wherever they're on sale!

Last edited by Novus; 03-01-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #15  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandypandy2246 View Post
Where do you get your underwear (panties specifically, not bras)?

I tend to buy the hipster panties (I hate that word) from Lane Bryant - size 22/24 in cotton. They are sort of pricey for how fast they start to wear out and get holy - they don't seem to be any better quality than the kind you can buy in a six pack (or whatever size) at a place like Target. That said, I can never find ones that fit right when I try to buy elsewhere.

Would love to know your favorite underwear brand and style. Also be curious to know what your jeans size is and what size underwear you buy .. (sizing of underwear is so weird).

My current should be 9 but I can wear 8s, I love 'Fruit of a loom' boy shorts.
I wear 16s from old Navy/Gap but that soon is going to change as they are getting looser. I also buy 15-17 bottoms in juniors. I'm 5'7 if that's of any use.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote