General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #1  
She's A Firecracker!

S/C/G: SW:267/ CW:200/ GW:130

Height: 5'2

Question What did it feel like to reach your goal weight?

Were you uber excited? See for me, I think it's going to take a little bit to sink in, I can't believe I've lost as much as I have, it's so surreal that I'm making this dream come true for myself so I think what I'm going to do on the day I reach my goal, is pretty much write out sentimental letters to everyone, go through some photos, make a youtube video. I wrote out a letter to the "thin me" which i vowed to not read until I reached that goal, then I'm going to write out a letter to the "fat me" and make a video out of that. Then I'll probably gather up photos, make a montage, post that to facebook. Then I'm going to call up this guy I was too insecure to even be with and just chat with him, gather up all my fat clothes, take them to the good will, and probably sit and be like welp, need to find a new goal to conquer since i'm never satisfied...Lol what about you all?
LittleMissWarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:15 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

The last time i reached goal weight i was no where near a scale and had no way of knowing exactly when i hit or how far below i got but i think i did get somewhat below it. The actual goal number became less important for me at that stage of the journey.

Nowadays the real goal is keeping the weight off. So while its fun to fantasise about all the things you are going to do when you hit goal, its also really important to devote a fair bit of time to preparing yourself for living skinny and keeping the weight off. By that i mean thinking about how you are going to eat and manage your eating when you are at goal weight and after arriving there. If you don't prepare yourself adequately for it, it will jump up and bite you and you'll be right back at the start and more miserable than ever.

It might be worthwhile thinking through the sorts of unexpected things that can happen. And making sure your plans are easy to do so that you can cope with difficult and sudden life changes. On your way down, try to pick up skills to deal with changes and difficulties.

I say this because always in the past i had sudden life changes that would being me unstuck. Usually it involved suddenly stopping exercise. So don't make your ongoing low weight dependent on lots of exercise. Rather maybe try to think more about how you are going to be active in your life. What sorts of activities can you take up to get your exercise easily. But what i've you've got a new job that takes you to a new city. OR what if you get married or pregnant. What if you get depressed?

Also regaining always involved letting up on monitoring my diet and weight. I might be able to go from daily weigh ins to weekly but i think i will need to do something of that kind. And i think i will need to continue to log my food and stick to my rules.

I know this does not sound like fun. But its really important to be holding this aspect of your future in mind as you head down the scale.

Today i've just hit a mini goal of arriving at the top end of my healthy weight range. I feel good of course. I am enjoying the fact that i have more clothes choices and look better. I am feeling more inclined to take up more challenging exercises but i am in general procrastination mode so i am not quite sure when i'm going to start. Of course i feel very optimistic about my ability to keep this weight off but i know i can't afford to start rewarding myself with things that i know will send me off the rails. I don't do food rewards.

I've probably said far more than you are interested in reading so i'll stop now.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #3  

I think that its an individual thing. It felt nice for me, but not exciting - I pretty much look about the same give or take a few lbs, so by the time I reached goal, since the final lbs took forever, I really didn't change much besides what my scale read. Also I'm a lazy person, so taking the goal reach pics and throwing out the clothes felt more like a chore.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Definitely will take a bunch of pics and compare it to my old ones and make a goal thread, LOL. Oh yeah, LOTS of shopping will be going on too.
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well.... My initial goal was to get to 175. Seemed impossible as I have been over 250 for eons. When I got to 175 I was on fire and doing great, so I wanted to get to 25% body fat or less and I figured that would be around 160 for my body frame and height.

I got to 165 for a minute and a half and was about 26% body fat. I FELT GREAT!!!! And I was trucking along, saw no reason to not get to goal... but.... vacation, depression, thyroid, injuries, etc kept me between 185-195 for about a year. Then I just gave in.

Now... I'm not even aiming for 160 any more. Nope. 175 is my goal. I think I can maintain 175 with a moderate lifestyle (Will try to keep 170-175 my window).

But it did feel great to be able to buy clothes anywhere. To have most everything look good on my body. That's what I miss most. Now nothing look good!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

I cried. Hard.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #7  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I stared at the number on the scale and just started laughing. I had a similar reaction when I reached under 200 for the first time. I looked back at old pics of me and then took goal pics.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #8  
She's A Firecracker!

S/C/G: SW:267/ CW:200/ GW:130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
I cried. Hard.
How long did it take you to get to your weight now?
LittleMissWarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissWarhead View Post
How long did it take you to get to your weight now?
About 2 years and 4 months.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #10  
I dream in sci-fi

S/C/G: 222/150/150

Height: 5'6"

I was proud. Really, really proud. I had made a commitment, and I had worked hard. That's what stands out most to me about what I felt. And what I still feel as I see myself be super awesome and accomplish more and more in the fitness arena. And I didn't really do much to commemorate the accomplishment though. I just kept going. It was a goal, but not a destination (that sounds motivational poster-y, lol). Now I'm working on keeping it off for a year. Then another, then another and so on. And also concentrating on my fitness. I do look back at old pictures sometimes to remind myself how far I came. But mostly I just look at myself in the mirror. ;-)
JuvenileNarcissist is offline   Reply With Quote