Girlfriend Weighs More...So What?

• Awwww....I read this and ...AWWWWWW!
  • That's a REALLY SWEET article. I like how the writer says he just happens to be attracted to larger gals—he doesn't refer to it as a fetish
  • I read the article that she wrote, too (there's a link to it in his article). I think they're both very sweet stories!
  • I KNOW! I am in LOVE with this saga...SO AWESOME!
  • Quote: That's a REALLY SWEET article. I like how the writer says he just happens to be attracted to larger gals—he doesn't refer to it as a fetish
    Very few people see their attraction to larger partners as a fetish, even if they're only attracted to partners over 800 lb. It's generally onlookers who label it a fetish.

For me, the test of a "fetish" is if the person is unwilling to stay in the relationship if the partner decides to lose weight.

This guy wins on both counts.
  • That is a really sweet article but its sad that society views it as something "weird". A thin girl with an overweight guy usually doesn't get a reaction out of people. People are attracted to all different shapes and sizes, not just the ideal portrayed in the media.

One thing I really like about the article is that he loves her body, he doesn't love her despite of her body. Overweight women are taught by the media that they will find a guy that likes them for who they are on the inside. But the reality is that overweight women will find men that like them for their inside and their outside.

I am lucky to have a great guy that thought I was just as beautiful at 220 as I am now over 40 pounds lighter. He will probably always weigh less than I do and neither of us cares.
  • I love that he not only supports her and loves her but is willing to go public and say why and stand up to the bullies. Love it!
  • Quote:
    For me, the test of a "fetish" is if the person is unwilling to stay in the relationship if the partner decides to lose weight.
    I never thought of it like that before....but you are so right!!!!
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
  • It's sad that this is viewed as remarkable - people are people, and are rightly attracted to all sorts of partners and not necessarily for the wrong reasons. And it makes me wonder how many people thought my husband was some sort of fetishist for marrying a woman so much younger and fatter than him?

I really wish these two the best! Thanks for sharing the link.
  • Quote: It's sad that this is viewed as remarkable - people are people, and are rightly attracted to all sorts of partners and not necessarily for the wrong reasons. And it makes me wonder how many people thought my husband was some sort of fetishist for marrying a woman so much younger and fatter than him?

I really wish these two the best! Thanks for sharing the link.
    I agree. My view isn't so much that it is remarkable in and of itself, but that they are facing down the years of stereotypying and telling the world to get over it. I commend them for that! My husband loves me thick or thin and there is no fetish involved...I was the first larger woman he had ever dated. Plain and simple, these two are bringing it to the forefront and I just love it! It take courage to tell the world "you are wrong" but by george, they did.