General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 196/146/135

Height: 5'5

Three words: Jessica. Simpson. Jeggings. They are so flattering and have the perfect J to egging ratio. I love them.
Clumsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I'm so excited that you've been bitten by the clothes-sewing bug! I sewed all my own fat clothes and, oddly enough, I'm sad that I can't wear them anymore. They were kinda on their last leg, anyhow, but I loved them.

I'm taking the stupid bar exam in a couple of weeks and I am planning on rewarding myself w lots of sewing time in August. I haven't ever sewed for myself at a weight this low. I think it'll be fun!
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
The time commitment is a huge obstacle. Even with more time on my hands than most, I hesitated taking on the project. I probably would have spent more time looking for decent fitting pants. Without Hubby's faith in my abilities, I probably wouldn't have bothered, but I wanted to live up to his naive expectations of me.

I was so touched by his faith in me, I had to give it a try.

Dorky, and even a bit sappy, I know.
I think that is incredibly sweet! Someday I hope to have time to pursue all the things I want to and it would be great to have someone who loves me cheering me on.
josie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/180/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
Oh no, that's terrible. It's such a tragedy when magic pants suffer a terrible injury.

I know what you mean though about wishing you'd bought multiple pairs

Yesterday, I wore my homemade magic pants to dinner and a movie. Today, I'll be hemming my second pair of magic pants.

The waistbands aren't very magical, as they look kind of wonky on both pairs, but since I never wear tucked in tops, I can live with the wonkiness.

I love them so much, I have to remind myself that I don't need 10 more pairs. Part of me wants to fill my closet with magic pants of every possible color, or or at least the classic neutrals of black, navy, tan, denim, and maybe hunter green, royal blue, cocoa brown, and maybe a lovely mahogany/rust).

I'm hoping to find a jegging fabric in a denim print. I used to own heather blue jersey sheets that would have been perfect.

I'm not sure I can find the right fabric with the right weight and shade of denim, but I'm going to try.
Me too! I want a pair of nice fitting jeggings that has some design on it. I've been crazy over galaxy print recently, but they are not made for us that are not a size 0-4 :/
Jean shopping is just the worst. I think I start with optimism, then goes to denial, frustration, acceptance. haha...
TofuSprinkles is offline   Reply With Quote