General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Default Having a hard day.

This has been a taxing week. I'm just venting a bit here, I hope you won't mind. I'm in school and finals are underway. Normally I don't stress out too much about finals, but this term has been hard. Three days ago I (along with the twiblings) developed a nasty respiratory funk of some kind...it sucks to be a sick mom with sick kids to begin with but then earlier today I developed a sharp pain in my sides. After class I had to go to the hospital because it was getting more painful. Turns out I have a kidney infection. The doc said it likely stemmed from an unresolved UTI. This is a bit out of the blue. All I feel like doing is taking something for the pain and sleeping, but I have a huge paper due tomorrow that is only half completed...and of course other studying and sick kids. Feeling a bit overwhelmed but trying to keep a positive outlook. They gave me the antibiotic cipro so I'm hoping this goes away soon!

Question to those of you who have lost the weight or switched to a healthier lifestyle...do you get sick less? I've had three colds this term (that's one a month!) and this kidney thing totally blindsided me...I'm hoping I can look forward to fewer colds/infections when I lose the weight.

Thanks for listening, sorry to be a gripe...I should be studying but I had to get that off my chest.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #2  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Oh no! I hope you feel better very very soon!

To answer your question: Since I started losing weight and embarked on my "lifestyle change" I have yet to get sick. *Knock on wood*. So, from September 2012 to now I haven't gotten sick once.

I'd also like to add, however, that as a stay at home mom I don't necessarily come into contact with a lot of other people's germs directly.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I switched to my healthier lifestyle November 1st so just as the weather was turning for the worst. I actually felt like this winter was one of the worst for me cold wise. It seemed as though I had at least 1 every month from November-April. Now I'm a teacher so I'm around sick children all the time which makes things worse for me but eating healthier didn't help me out.

I hope you feel better and get everything that you need finished done.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #4  

Height: 5"6

Glad you could get it off your chest- it's never a bother! That's what 3FC is for! I am sorry to hear you are sick but at least it's diagnosed now!! Get well soon!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #5  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

I'm so sorry you're under the weather lecomtes and with so much to do!

I haven't been sick (with something contagious) for about 4 years now (not related to weight loss, I just started that journey 10 weeks ago).

My first year of teaching (5 years ago) I was sick ALL THE FREAKING TIME! And I teach middle school, it's not like they're slobbery little ones. So my second school year I started making a concentrated effort to NEVER touch my face with my hands without sanitizing first. I also started hand sanitizing after touching ANYTHING a student had touched (papers, desks, pencils, door knobs, etc..). My kids and husband get colds/flus a couple times a year, but I haven't been sick since I became obsessive about clean hand.

Last edited by SuperHeroTeacher; 06-06-2013 at 09:21 PM.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #6  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

since ive been losing weight I haven't really had a head cold, which I used to get quite often....however I've had an upswing in other random infections such as bronchitis, pneumonia, massive ear infections, sinus infections and needed a root canal after one of the sinus infections spread...ugh
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #7  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I hope today is better for you!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #8  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Hope you 're feeling better today! It is hard when you are so busy and under a time crunch....but that is when I usually get sick!
Feel better and good luck with your paper

Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #9  

Thank you all so much, I really appreciate it. I am literally amazed at how much better I feel today! I was keeled over in pain yesterday, and today I feel hardly anything! Praise God or Science or whoever you want for the development of antibiotics, haha. With your encouraging words, I even managed to finish that lousy paper. Thanks again.

Thanks for the idea superteach, do they sell gallons of hand sanitizer at costco? I'm going to go buy enough to take a bath in every day! lol. I am going to take your example and start carrying some with me and being more conscious about not touching my face.

I bet you school teachers get the brunt end of bacterial exposure! I'm so sorry! I promise to never send my kids to school sick.

Alaskan laughter, I am so sorry about you getting sick more frequently, I know just how it feels, SUCKY! Hug! Keeping you in my thoughts.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Hw277/183/167/155

Height: 6'2"

Hey, if you need more time on your paper, talk to your professor. She/he will probably give you an extra day to make up for the time you were sick. And I'm glad you're feeling better. =)
NeeneeKhaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #11  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecomtes View Post
Thank you all so much, I really appreciate it. I am literally amazed at how much better I feel today! I was keeled over in pain yesterday, and today I feel hardly anything! Praise God or Science or whoever you want for the development of antibiotics, haha. With your encouraging words, I even managed to finish that lousy paper. Thanks again.

Thanks for the idea superteach, do they sell gallons of hand sanitizer at costco? I'm going to go buy enough to take a bath in every day! lol. I am going to take your example and start carrying some with me and being more conscious about not touching my face.

I bet you school teachers get the brunt end of bacterial exposure! I'm so sorry! I promise to never send my kids to school sick.
I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better today! that cipro works fast!

Friends seriously make fun of me for the amount of hand sanitizer I go through, but it works!

I don't think most parents intentionally send their kids to school sick - but when you catch a cold your cough can linger for 3+ weeks, you certainly can't keep kids from school for 3 weeks or more for a cough. . I think I'm so paranoid because I spent a great deal of my childhood sick and I just want to do everything in my power to avoid it!
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #12  

Hey, if it works, it's totally worth the teasing!

I was a sickly kid too. lol. Constant allergies and respiratory infections. No fun. It gives me some serious hope that this works for you though!
Old 07-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #13  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I have UTI now and it sure does suck, I've been taking AZO for the pain and I've been drinking cranberry juice to clear it up which I hope it clears up soon, I just know that Im gonna slow down on the number of soda's I drink a day and get in the habit of drinking more water so I never have to go through what Im going through now ever again
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #14  

I know! Great ideas Terra, I know I've sure upped my water consumption! Never again lol!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #15  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Yeah I need to up mine too, I dont like plain water but I do like Ice water so I've been drinking alot of ice water
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote