General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Default Weird, Vivid Dreams

Does anyone else here get weird, vivid dreams? Mine are so strange and sometimes I have a hard time coming back to reality, remembering that it was 'just a dream.' I am pretty sure I get them because of the medicines that I take. Lately, the dreams have been weirder and stronger. Anyways, they are really weird and upsetting at times, ugh.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do or how to cope with these dreams, please let me know.

Thanks.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I meant to reply last night...I sometimes get VERY vivid dreams...all 5 senses involved, highly realistic etc....I don't usually get odd dreams or clearly unrealistic ones...I don't think it's connected to medications for me, but instead it's connected to how deeply i'm sleeping at the time

I also have a separate category of dreams...ones that are very real, emotional, familiar and that I can remember for my whole life...those are indicative of past life memories...I wont go into all the details here but feel free to PM me if you want...
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #3  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I used to take Zoloft, and let me tell you, drinking with that caused some WEIRD dreams. Have you had any alcohol recently with your medication?
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I like to look at dream dictionaries to figure out the meaning. But yes, sometimes I have very strange dreams.
In one, I was pushing a little plastic grocery cart. In the cart? 5 little dachshunds (wiener dogs!) I was pushing them to try and escape a storm. Once we were safe inside, we watched through the window as alligators, whales, sharks, and fish swam by the window. Pretty silly and bizarre.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #5  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

I have a lot of those dreams from time to time. Some of them are bad nightmares, some of them are just simply crazy. Some of them are really emotional and hard to snap back from, like seeing loved ones that have passed, knowing in the dream that they are dead and being surprised to see them and they just smile mysteriously like they were saying "fooled you".

The ones that really weirds me out though, are the recurring ones.
Like, I've had this one dream at least 5 times (that I can remember) over several years. In that one I was at an amusement park with some really freaky rollercoasters. Free fall from the end of the rail, the seats flying off the kind that shoots up, and more bizarre stuff like that. It was on purpose too, not technical errors. Really, really weird....

Last edited by Em Coconut; 05-20-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/189/135

Height: 5'5

I lucid dream quite often (when you know you are in a dream) I read up on it a while ago and have been practicing identifying and controlling them. This week I had my longest and best lucid dream yet, I was completely in control! My dreams are always very vivid and I also have a condition that when my body temperature hits a certain point I "hallucinate", so I have a lot of trouble discerning dreams from reality.

It might help you to learn to "lucid dream" a lot of people do it to cure themselves of nightmares - might be worth a look?
Lilytoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

I have terribly vivid nightmares almost every single night. I also have a lot of recurring nightmares. The most recent one I've started having (And have had 4 times already) involves this super creepy basement that I either can't get down to, though I don't know why I want to, or there's a pitch black area where I need to go but I know something is lurking in it. Ugh. I wish I knew how to get rid of them, all of this constant dreaming and remembering like 4 nightmares a night leaves me feeling like I haven't slept at all. Lucid dreaming unfortunately also does the same thing to me so it's not an option either.

I don't know if you take anything to help you sleep but I heard that melatonin can cause some pretty vivid weirdo dreams.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #8  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Yes, for most of my life I have had very vivid, sometimes weird dreams. I remember dreams that I had at 3 and 4 years old, all the way up to now. Sometimes they are cool, and occasionally I have very disturbing dreams. I think it has a lot to do with the way you process information and store it, the way your subconscious deals with your emotions and fears, etc. There are many times, this morning being one of them, when I wake up from a dream and really have to take a few moments to calm down and realize that I am in actual reality now, and not in the world where my dreams really take some crazy turns.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote