General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/146/115 (HW of 198)

Height: 5'2

Default He dumped me.

My amazing, sweet, caring, wonderful perfect boyfriend that I'd lived with for a year dumped me. Out of nowhere!!!

We have literally never had one fight...not one!

I was working soooo hard to lose weight to attend his brothers wedding in Italy in two weeks! I was supposed to buy my ticket Friday.

And then today, As he's already there, I asked him if I should buy his return ticket, and he tells me he's not coming back.

As simple as that.

I'm so in shock. I'm humiliated and hurt and confused and a million and one things. I just don't get it.
Bex1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Wait... did he give any explanation? This is all a bit much because not only did he supposedly dump you, he's leaving his new country? Job? stuff?

What's the scoop?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Wow. WTF? He basically dumped you over the phone/email/etc and not in person? How fking lame! He should have had the decency to do it in person. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Hopefully with time, you'll find out the reasons why...
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Wait... did he give any explanation? This is all a bit much because not only did he supposedly dump you, he's leaving his new country? Job? stuff?

What's the scoop?
This too. It's just so odd to just up and leave everything behind especially since you said you both live together.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #5  

From all indications, he's pulled the "31 year old guy dumps the gf he actually likes because its too serious and he hasn't achieved all his goals yet". How unbelievably stereotypical.

And I'm just so hurt as I had no warning. Absolutely none.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #6  

And yes, via text. And left his new everything, now I know why he never bought the big screen tv he wanted, wasn't sure about coming to another wedding with me in June, and lots of little things that I totally overlooked are falling in place.

Meanwhile we were totally happy, and he gave no indication anything was wrong. Totally the opposite. Actually, I reeeeealllly thought ht would be proposing in Italy.

I'm so stupid. I overlooked the signs he was about to bolt.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #7  

Height: 5"6

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. We are all sending you love and I hope you are able to find out why, and believe us that it wasn't you. His actions are so out there that he's clearly having difficulty with some complicated issues. I hope you no longer being a part of those issues works to improve your life in the long run. I'm sorry
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #8  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I don't know you but having gone through something similar 5 years ago, I just want to wrap you in a big hug. Understand that this will make you stronger.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'd be very hurt in your position too. But honestly he did you a favor - imagine how much worse it would be if he showed this side of himself when more time had passed or deeper commitments were in place. Him being an indecisive little boy (because no real man would treat a woman with such disrespect) has to sting like mad, but in the long run its a blessing in disguise.

I know it doesn't feel like that right now, unfortunately

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 03-14-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:21 AM   #10  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:54 AM   #11  
Kiz

S/C/G: 179/152/120

that is rough!! Like others said, lucky escape, although it won't feel like it now!
Kiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #12  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Ugh.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Honestly, this break up isn't about you. He just up and left his life and you happened to be in it. I know it's hard but try not to take it personally. What he did was extremely selfish and immature. I don't think this has anything to do with you. Luckily you can now sell his stuff and get some cash.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/216/150

Height: 5'8"

The only thing worse than wasting a year on that guy is wasting a year and a day. What a coward for not telling you how he was feeling long ago and for doing this via text. Sell all his stuff, get yourself a new apartment (or at least use the money from his stuff to redecorate the one you shared) and look at it as a fresh start. You've already lost all this weight- you're a hot property.

Have you ever read the advice column "Dear Sugar" on the website "The Rumpus"? I just discovered it the other day, and I can not tell you in what strange ways it has helped me think about things. You should definitely check it out.

Easy as it is to think things were perfect, they weren't. You do not want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you. It is so very, very creepy that you didn't know anything was going on. If you did get back together, you would never be able to trust him again because he was so good at hiding his feelings this time. He manipulated you. Instead of being honest and talking about his fears, goals, and plans, he made you think everything was fine so he could selfishly hold onto you until he worked things out, then once that happened, he disregarded your feelings entirely and a made a decision about BOTH of you by himself.

I don't know if you aren't ready to be angry at him yet. If you're not, I don't mean to make you feel bad. You sound like a great girl, your profile pic is beautiful, and your grammar is excellent. It's a buyers' market out there for us ladies, honey, and now's the time to be picky. You've got this.
MarjorieMargarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 219/ticker/118

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Luckily you can now sell his stuff and get some cash.
Lmao!!! Yup and buy yourself some new clothes to compliment your hot bod

Another thing Bex, do you have a good support system of gfs? I leaned on my gfs like crazy after my break-up and cried on their shoulder. I would tell them "I'm sorry I'm crying over him for the milllionth time but this suuucks!!!!" And my true friends were always reassuring and told me they loved to be there for me. Because we all go through it. So please don't isolate yourself but reach out (as many times as you need to) to those who care about you and they will walk with you through your pain.
candykisses is offline   Reply With Quote