General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 01:41 AM   #1  

Default Magazines?

Hi all. I am looking for a magazine (or more) to keep me inspired. I am wanting to find one that has some combination of female athletes, success stories, motivational articles, healthy eating, articles on new exercises or extreme challenges...
I already read Shape and Oxygen-

What do you read? Open to all suggestions!! Thank you!
Old 04-30-2003, 11:47 AM   #2  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Default Self

Self magazine is a pretty good one overall. I just got a supscription to it a few weeks ago. Check out magazinevalues.com! They are really cheap. They have a year subscription for Self magazine for only $4.97. They also have a magazine called Grace which is a magazine for full-figured women. They have some good success stories in there as well as stuff about being happy no matter what size you are.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:21 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I LOVED Successful Slimming, but they don't make it anymore.

What I read now is Fitness. They have 2 success stories in there every month.

I liked when Shape was doing the monthly diet journal, first w/Courtney, then with Jill. I wonder if they will consider doing it again? Maybe I should offer my services.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:06 PM   #4  

LOL I get them all !!!!

But right now i must say my fav. is "SELF" b/c the have the 'self fitness challenge" going on right now and they do it every year. It helped me to stay focused and lose 15 pounds of unwanted fat last summer How good is that huh?
Old 07-20-2003, 10:32 AM   #5  
one leg press at a time

I discovere Energy for women and Muscle and Fitness Hers which feature real bodied women, are packed with great training tips and workouts. I especially love Energy, there are goal settitng, boredom busting tips andgreat recicpies. I also read fitness and Shape. but I highly recommend Energy for Women- it runs a bit high@$20 per year, but at www.magazinevalues.com you can get it much cheaper.
Also Fit is a great magazine that is similar to Enegy.. Neither really have a focus on beauty and fahion trends- just serious workouts, weightloss and motivational tetsimonies .
Old 07-29-2003, 09:55 AM   #6  
seekie

I asked a similar question on another board recently and Energy and Shape were recommended to me. I subscribed to both, sight unseen, because I live overseas and can't just buy magazines at the checkout. Anyway, I like both mags, but have one warning. Energy, while a great mag and full of good articles, is put out by EAS, the Body for Life people. It sort of took me by surprise, since I'm not doing Body for Life. It's still a good mag and has inspiring stories as well as good workouts, but it is a bit BFL-centered. Just FYI.
Closed Thread