General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Smile This site is sooo awesome.

Whoever is responsible for starting up this web site and forum, I just have one thing to say: THANK YOU!

I have come to realize that this site has become just as important of a weight loss tool to me as anything else in my life right now. Just as important as my gym membership, cupboard full of healthy snacks, and the fridge full of fruits and veggies.

I love coming here to read the success stories. They are so inspirational and they keep me motivated and in a positive frame of mind. I also try to read the introductions page; I find a little bit of myself in every person who posts for the first time. And I empathize with those who are struggling to stay focused or have binging issues. I don't have time to respond to everything I see, but I like to hope that my occasional congratulations, kind words, and suggestions have made a small difference to someone. Even if I don't respond, I am sending out personal thoughts of encouragement

Also, I greatly appreciate the opportunity to post my own questions and thoughts, because I have gotten such great encouragement and support, rather than harsh judgment. It helps so much to be able to write about a NSV, or a personal struggle, or to occasionally pout and complain. And I always get support, rather than scorn, when people respond. And I do read (and appreciate) every response.

Some of the best tips I have gotten have come from this board, particularly making a one-year conmitment and writing every food down. These two tips alone are keeping me focused and honest with myself.

Long post, sorry about that, but I am eternally grateful to the founders of this board and all of the people who post here and offer encouragement and support. I truly do not believe I would be doing as well as I have so far without this forum.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Kitty - your post brought a smile to my face. I have been thinking the exact same thing over the last week and was going to post something similar.

I love , love, love reading everyones sucess stories, I find them so inspirational. I love the everyday tips that are shared. There are so many knowlegable people here. Mostly I love knowing that there is a place I can come where people get me. They are going through or have gone through what I am going through right now and I really appreciate when people jump in to answer a question or concern (and not just my own).

So yes 3FC....a big thank you from me also.

Last edited by Wisertime; 05-08-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Wisertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/259/160

Height: 5'7

I was just reading through getting to know the site thinking the same thing. I'm so excited to have found a group of women saying the same things I've been feeling for so long.
nataliegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'll forward this to Suzanne one of the three founding chicks.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 110/189/110

Height: 5'4

yeah this site is so positive and has so much encouraging posts on it i love it thank you everyone for posting and i thank the owners!
i33BabyGirl33i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #6  
Hang in there!

S/C/G: 252/236/145

Height: 5'2

Default Thank you for all that,

right there with you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatFan View Post
Whoever is responsible for starting up this web site and forum, I just have one thing to say: THANK YOU!

I have come to realize that this site has become just as important of a weight loss tool to me as anything else in my life right now. Just as important as my gym membership, cupboard full of healthy snacks, and the fridge full of fruits and veggies.

I love coming here to read the success stories. They are so inspirational and they keep me motivated and in a positive frame of mind. I also try to read the introductions page; I find a little bit of myself in every person who posts for the first time. And I empathize with those who are struggling to stay focused or have binging issues. I don't have time to respond to everything I see, but I like to hope that my occasional congratulations, kind words, and suggestions have made a small difference to someone. Even if I don't respond, I am sending out personal thoughts of encouragement

Also, I greatly appreciate the opportunity to post my own questions and thoughts, because I have gotten such great encouragement and support, rather than harsh judgment. It helps so much to be able to write about a NSV, or a personal struggle, or to occasionally pout and complain. And I always get support, rather than scorn, when people respond. And I do read (and appreciate) every response.

Some of the best tips I have gotten have come from this board, particularly making a one-year conmitment and writing every food down. These two tips alone are keeping me focused and honest with myself.

Long post, sorry about that, but I am eternally grateful to the founders of this board and all of the people who post here and offer encouragement and support. I truly do not believe I would be doing as well as I have so far without this forum.
Dawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #7  
it's always something

Thanks The members here make the community and made it all possible
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:24 AM   #8  
Every step is progress.

S/C/G: 297/221/175

Height: 5'11"

I may be overstepping my newbie bounds here. I stumbled across this site recently as many of the questions I've googled during my weight loss challenge, have brought me to this forum

I've participates in forums before, and I know there is generally a sense of comaraderie and support. I'm not sure why it didn't occur to reach out to see if this existed before now.

I'm excited to join! < insert further geeky sentiment here>
RandomPaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

I've been here for 11 years and have never looked back...I also appreciate this site to the 3 AWESOME chicks ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #10  
Warrior Princess

Agree! I got here only a few months ago but I LOVE it. This has been the best diet/exercise motivation ever, and tons of information.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #11  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellieUp View Post
ok but there are guys here too, I think, or so I've heard.
Alas, I've also heard it's so. They're around here and there, on occasion stop by the Men's Corner, and sometimes don't have obviously male avatars to declare their gender.

Glad you've spotted us.
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #12  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

Cute, BillBlueEyes!

Anyhoo, I just want to say ditto on everything KittyKatFan posted! I wish I had found this forum years ago!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

I agree with everyooooonnnneee!

Honestly, without this site and its supportive members there's no way I could have come this far. I just didn't have the knowledge or the patience. There are so many wonderful women (and men) here who have set some great examples for me and offered me great advice. I have learned more about losing weight in my 2+ months on 3FC than over a decade of trying every diet under the sun!

Thank you for existing, 3FC. And thank you to everyone here who ever replied to one of my (sometimes silly) posts or offered me a kind word of encouragement.
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 132/100/100

Height: 5'1

I've been lurking here and have found so many inspirational people and posts. It's always nice to know that you're not alone and that other people are fighting the same battles and have succeeded. If I have a problem I usually look at similar posts and find myself heartened to see so much helpful and encouraging advice.
Kayriel is offline   Reply With Quote