General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiblue View Post
Urinating before sex, in addition to after, is key. I hate UTIs... just had one last week actually . Good luck.
Bummer, hope you're feeling better!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #17  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Don't take antibiotics.

D-mannose for the bacteria
Coconut oil for the yeast, both internally and externally.

I haven't had a full blown yeast infection or UTI since I figured this out. The Mannose is a MIRACLE. Order it online if you have to. I always have some on hand. If I start to feel like one is coming on I take it for a couple days and the infection never sets in.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Don't take antibiotics.

D-mannose for the bacteria
Coconut oil for the yeast, both internally and externally.

I haven't had a full blown yeast infection or UTI since I figured this out. The Mannose is a MIRACLE. Order it online if you have to. I always have some on hand. If I start to feel like one is coming on I take it for a couple days and the infection never sets in.
Sounds awesome alright, I think I will have to order it. How many MG do you take? How many times daily when you feel the symptoms?
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #19  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread View Post
Sounds awesome alright, I think I will have to order it. How many MG do you take? How many times daily when you feel the symptoms?
I take ClearTract, which is pure D-Mannose. It comes in 500mg capsules and I take 4 a day for a couple days when I feel tingly like I might be in trouble.

My friend who has huge UTI issues cleared up a full blown infection with them last summer. We were on vacation and a doctors visit wasn't an option. She took 6 a day and was pain free within 2 days. She was amazed!!

I wish everyone knew about these!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #20  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread View Post
I researched that D-mannose stuff and it sounds good. Only problem is I can't find it anywhere! I went to Walgreens, GNC, and Vitamin World! I may have to order it, but why isn't it at the stores if it is such a good suppliment?
I don't know but it's great stuff. One brand it goes under is called UTI-Slip. At my local health food store it's sold just as generic d-mannose. If you have a health food store or a supplement store around, it should be sold there. Amazon has it also.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Thank you, JudgeDread! I am fully recovered, gratefully. Onset was around 10 AM and it was so painful/uncomfortable that I was on the couch all day. I drank several liters of water, downed cups of berries and citrus, took a tbs of baking powder (never tried that before, head about it online) and took a painkiller with no relief.

Desperate, I took an antibiotic. My UTIs seem to not respond to anything else . I have tried flushing it out with water, cranberry pills, cranberry juice, with little or no relief.

I am really intrigued with the d-mannose that ValRock recommended. I absolutely want to try it next time (unfortunately, there will be a next time, I'm sure!). I hate taking antibiotics- I think it's risky in general (yeast infections, overmedicating/building up resistant-strains of bacteria) and it interferes with my birth control. It is the only way I have been able to able to cure UTIs, which I get 2-3 times a year. If there is an alternative, I am all for it!

You are definitely not alone, by the way. I had chronic UTIs when I was a child and had to be on a prophylactic antiobiotic for a year. I finally "grew out" out of it, thankfully, but still get them more frequently than the average female. You have my sympathy!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote