General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

Hmm, the last time I ate lentils, I had put it in some really SPICY chili......the end results were extremely...painful needless to say! lol

I did buy a sack of lentils, I am willing to try them again in smaller amounts! As for flax seed I used to eat a lot more. I would put it on my cereal, on top of toast with any topping....I was like a little birdie! Right now with all the high fiber crap I eat I backed off the flax...for that reason and they are pretty high in calories.

Coffee sometimes induces my duces haha (I couldn't resist) and I am an addict, there is no way I will give up my java lol!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #17  

Grrrrr so last night was a BAD, BAD night, as far as gas goes.

I have never met any gal gassier than me, (or who admits it)..the only person who farts more than me that I know is my dad.

I don't get it! I can eat certain "problem foods" like milk, beans, cooked veggies, and be FINE.

Then days like yesterday I got horrible relentless farts..(its ok to laugh)...it was aweful..from when we started p90X it was every couple minutes, and then the smell was making my bf's stomach upset! REALLY!

So it died down for a bit, then came back again and lasted like ALL night.

I ended up getting upset before bed as we were jokeing around about it all night..but it was to the point were it was making me feel bad, discusting, and insecure. He wouln't let me under the blanket (I really don't blame him)..and finally I lost it and stormed out of the room since I couldn't pretend it was funny anymore after ALL night. So he yelled sorry and that he was kidding as I stormed out, but I stayed out on the couch all night...slept horribly as I kept waking up, and farting....yeah long night

I'm sure it was better off me sleeping out there last night, but how embarressing is that.....self esteam killer and what not.

I am so sick of being like my old man, I can't pinpoint what food or combo of food will give me gas..it is hit or miss. So that means I would have to eat BEANO all day, and I don't know if you build a tolerance to that **** or not.

Seriously I am at a loss. I don't think the doctor will help either as they will just tell me to watch what I eat. I DO! How much more scrutiny must I give my tiny diet.

I think I need butt surgery.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread View Post
Eww that sounds worse than sitting on the can haha! I tell ya its literally, a pain in the *** to be regular as a chick. Men have it too easy.

I know this was probably said to be facetious, but I know plenty of men who have issues in this department as well. ( It's in the genetic makeup of some people I think )

As for myself, ugh, I have had my fair share of problems, and continue to daily. I have been diagnosed with diverticulitus, after years of constipation, blood, and hemroids. ( TMI, I know, but it's true ) What has finally given me SOME relief is physillim husks, and almost a daily does of miralax.

It is 100 times worse when I am under a lot of stress. I think it was two years ago right about this time of the year, when I didn't go for about 5 days and I was scared to death that I was gonna have to go in for surgery to remove it. It was "there" but just felt like a softball was lodged in there. ( I didn't, thankfully )

Last edited by Smiling_Sara; 01-31-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #19  

Yeah I've heard good things about the husk, but bad things too like..GAS which is not what I need more of! lol
Old 01-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I also want to try women's colon health by Phillips. Anyone have any reviews on that product?
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #21  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

JudgeDread, I don't have any experience personally with your issues - except that I've learned that eating too much sugar will plug me up like I ate a bag of concrete mix. That being said ... my mom has had a lot of issues beyond the norm, and stumbled into some research on using peppermint oil to "soothe the savage beast." I found some references to IBS and to how it was studied - here's the link if you're interested. http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2002/...key=flatulence
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote