General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #1  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Default Any other single girls? I need help

I have been very unlucky in love. I have only had one serious boyfriend and I am almost 23 years old. I just stopped dating this guy who I had been seeing for 4 and a half months. at first he didnt want to see me(he wouldnt make plans with me) then he lost interest I guess and stopped talking to me(well not yet but I feel that is where it is headed he hardly talks to me anymore.) I really liked him a lot. He was very good looking to me the cutest guy who has ever liked me. He also had a great personality he had some problems but I was willing to stick by him through them.
I feel that I am someone who a guy could be with I am not bad looking, I am in school and I have a good job. I just want to meet someone who I can be with thats all. Im not picky if a guy asks me out I always give him a chance because you never know.
Maybe it is my weight holding me back BUT even when I was 50 lbs lighter I didnt get asked out much.
Just asking what can I do differently? Is there a way to find a guy or do I just have to wait? I feel like I have been waiting for so long. I was single for 2 and a half years before meeting the guy I am currently dating.
I would just like some words of encouragement. I always meet guys who either like me and I dont feel a connection, or I like them and they dont like me back.
I have been waiting all day long so I could be in private and cry.
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW210/CW189/GW115

Height: 5ft

Maybe you should ask advice from the married girls not the single ones

Stop looking.... best advice I can give. It sounds juvenile but it definitely rings true, it seems like guys are truly attracted to rejection, or ambivalence. When you're in your own little world doing your own thing, not paying attention to anyone else but you, that's when a guy will come along. Men like confident women, and they enjoy the chase... don't take away the chase.
luckyme0510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #3  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

I do think that it would help to get the opinions of married women but I was mainly asking because I want to be happy single too, I dont feel that I shoudl need a boyfriend to be happy. But I really do want a boyfriend. Thanks for your advice. Today I noticed a guy from one of my classes that had just gotten out sitting eating by himself I was gonna go over and say hi but I had heard to not look for a guy and then u will meet one. So I dodnt say hi to him. Is that what you meant?
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I was 29 when I decided that being single was the way to go. My friends always said I was too picky and honestly, I am picky. At that time, one of my male friends starting flirting with me but really I didn't 'get it' because I was happy being single. When he started calling me every night, I still didn't get it. Then he asked me out and well the rest is history. We have been married 5 years this month.

I say just be yourself, do what you like and let whatever happen.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0lamo01 View Post
I do think that it would help to get the opinions of married women but I was mainly asking because I want to be happy single too, I dont feel that I shoudl need a boyfriend to be happy. But I really do want a boyfriend. Thanks for your advice. Today I noticed a guy from one of my classes that had just gotten out sitting eating by himself I was gonna go over and say hi but I had heard to not look for a guy and then u will meet one. So I dodnt say hi to him. Is that what you meant?
I don't think there's any right or wrong way to meet someone -- it's just connecting with the right person that is the difficult part. I met my husband online. I have a bunch of friends who have met their spouses online.

I had a very full life as a single person, but I wanted to share it with someone. And I went looking -- and found him.

Here's the thing...I don't know many people, men or women, who want to be around someone who comes across needy or desperate (not that you are any of those things). Confidence is very attractive, as is having your own life and interests. That doesn't mean you shouldn't want someone to share it with.

Be yourself -- and next time if you want to say hi to someone, say hi. What's the worst that can happen?
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:00 AM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I'm engaged, but I believe it's the attitude that you don't need someone and that you're confident in yourself that ultimately attracts someone to you. Whenever I was pining for love, I never found it or ended up in bad relationships. All of my meaningful relationships—including the one I'm in now—have all happened when I wasn't looking for love. I just stumbled across it really.

You don't need someone to make you happy, nor do you need to be skinny to find someone who cares for you. All of my relationships started when I was at my starting weight and I met my fiancee at this weight. He loves me for who I am and while he is supportive of me and my efforts to lose weight, he also doesn't put the pressure on me to lose it because I'm doing this for myself.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You have had some good advice from the above posters. I agree "Stop looking" it is true when you least expect it you will meet someone. Work on getting a positive, confident attitude, remind yourself that you are a person with a lot to offer. There is just a little bit of desperation in your post, guys pick on that and will run the other way, or worse take advantage of your insecurity. The perfect person is out there , you just haven't met yet.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #8  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
You have had some good advice from the above posters. I agree "Stop looking" it is true when you least expect it you will meet someone. Work on getting a positive, confident attitude, remind yourself that you are a person with a lot to offer. There is just a little bit of desperation in your post, guys pick on that and will run the other way, or worse take advantage of your insecurity. The perfect person is out there , you just haven't met yet.
Yup, this ^^.

I went through a very messy divorce a few years ago and thought throwing myself into the dating scene was the way to go! Boy was I wrong. I decided to give up dating and focus on myself and my friends. Now my friendships are better than ever, I am more confident than ever, my finances are (somewhat) in order (I still have to work for a living, haha), and I met the man I am currently with (and have never been happier in a relationship) when dating wasn't my primary goal.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204.2/196.8/120

I think that you should talk to guys not with the mindset that they are possible dates, but just that they are people that you want to be friends with. That might make it easier for you to be yourself and also make it easier for you to be able to meet new people. Maybe you haven't been asked out because you act more closed off around men (or maybe I'm projecting, because I know I do that!). It's much easier to meet guys when there's no pressure.
miliminime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #10  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I was married for 22 years then got divorced. I have been single for 6 years now well I have dated 2 guys in those 6 years. They just found me I never went looking. The guy that I am talking to now I met on Craigslist (go figure) I answered an ad he had about being too busy in his life to get into a relationship but wanted an email/text friend from the coast. He lives in the middle of the state. I answered the ad as honestly and I could, told him how much I weighed and everything, sent pictures. I wasn't expecting a response back but he did and said WOW I don't think I can top that introduction. We started talking on March 1st and have talked everyday since. There has not been ONE day that we have not talked. I know he is not married nor has a girlfriend. He lives 4 hours away from me, we have not met yet but we are going too soon. When we starting talking I was at 388 and now I am at 291. He supports me in my journey and said I hope you aren't losing weight because of me, I told him no I am doing it for me, he said good because you are beautiful no matter what size you are. You never know when you will come across someone of interest, just be open to options. He is somewhere out there, your paths haven't crossed yet that is all.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #11  
Amazing will be me

Hello hunni , sorry im not single but i understand.
I too have had ex's like this in my past,i was never the girl to have boyfriends at school, i can count the amount of serious ones on my hand.

But in the end it all boils down to this...........when the one comes along u will know.........sounds very cliché but its true...........when a man is truly interested he wont want to leave you let alone stop talking to you. He will treat u like gold and be there for you no matter what, you will feel at ease and yourself and there will be no games just honesty and trust.

Its like the saying you have to kiss alot of frogs before you find your prince , and its very true (for me it was) and its because of my past doomed relationships and my partners that we know this is something different and for keeps.

Move on hunni .......you WILL find someone but most likely will be when you least expect it, dont rush things yor only 23 let nature take its course , go on dates go out with friends HAVE FUN........and when it happens it will be AMAZING
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

I am a strong non-believer in the idea of "you'll find him when you finally stop looking."

I've "found" boyfriends when I was actively looking and when I wasn't. I've been solidly single when I was actively looking and when I wasn't.

Be approachable, say hi if you feel like it, and just do your thing.

23 is really quite young. My sister hadn't been in any relationships at age 23. That year she met her husband and they've been together for 19 years, married for 10. You just never know what's out there for you!
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Okay, I admit I am married

But I personally tossed out the "you'll find him when you stop looking" and that's how I found my husband. I intentionally went online, set up a bunch of dates with various guys that I decided were interesting, and married one of them (5 years and 2 kids later).

Sometimes, the problem is that we sit back and expect Mr. Right to come to us. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes we think Mr. Right has to come to us, but he hasn't - in your OP, I can tell that you seemed to stick around for the kind of guy that wasn't showing proper interest.

When a man is truly interested, he will always call you, he will never ignore you, you will never need to wonder where he is or why he hasn't bothered. When you waste your time with someone like that, Mr. Right has already walked by and you didn't see him.

It's okay to approach a man who finds you interesting. It's okay to talk to them, decide they are right or aren't right. I took the reigns and that's what worked. There's a difference between being confident and allowing others to approach you - and passively watching them go by. I suspect many girls fall into the "passive" category by mistake.

I was 22 when I could have written your post - and once I took charge, I found my husband, at 23
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote